WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member

Laid off 2 days before Christmas

Just found out tonight I have no job as of Saturday.
    The venue I work at is being sold. Thanks to my boss for waiting until 2 days before Christmas to tell me.
    Life sucks.
    Thinking about collecting unemployment. Does that make me an asshole?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Of course it doesnt make you an asshole, it makes you a survivor dude. Dont put yourself down !!!! Your ex boss is a cvnt and Karma is a beautiful thing. Have a great Xmas anyway I am sure things will turn out OK for you next year. All the best bro

steadygaining1 is offline Associate Member
    Man, I hate to hear that, I hope it all gets better. Regardless, go get your unemployment. I am an employer and I have had to lay off big time,all my guys have gotten it, it's insurance that is there for this reason. If your ex boss has a problem, he is the asshole. Good luck!

Gears is offline Member
    You pay into that crap dude, don't let anyone make you feel bad for taking whats already yours.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    If you want you could come wash my car (inside/outside) for 15 bucks a week ?

crazycrab is offline Associate Member
    Take the unemployment check bro. I am an employer and that is what it is for . They do not give you much though. It is getting harder to get good employment in this market.

Good luck to you and have a great holiday.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by WOLFCRAFT View Post
    The venue I work at is being sold. Thanks to my boss for waiting until 2 days before Christmas to tell me.
    Life sucks.
    Sorry to hear you lost your job. Here in Michigan unemployment is high. I know lots of guys that have lost their jobs recently and the near future is not looking too bright.

Absolutely collect unemployment. Your employer has paid in for you in case this happens. It might take a while to find another job and the UE will help tide you over.

im here to learn is offline Junior Member
    snap brother, the arse has fallen out of the construction industry here in ireland. got sacked 2 weeks ago, be another 2 weeks before unemployment benefit comes through = shit xmas. first time ive ever applied for it, doesnt feel good but has to be done. theres a difference between people like you and others who receive and continue to receive simply because its so handy.

stay positive, beat the gym to death

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. They just did 600 layoffs at my company 2 weeks ago. 4 guys in my department got let go who have each been here 20+ years. I can't believe they do that before the holidays. Best of luck to you.

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    Life sucks.
    nope it doesn't.

you contributed to society, and you still have to feed yourself.

lots of that happening, just happened to my uncle also....

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    I wonder if it would have actually been easier if you had a whole 2 weeks to worry about your last day of work rather than the 15 seconds it took for him to tell you.

Maybe he actually did it out of respect, who knows?
    G/luck & do whatever you need to, including robbing a bank (I can help if you need a partner) =]

Ahh... Cheer up dude. The thing has just happened. Hope for the best in the near future. Perhaps there is something better int he next year for you.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    hey what can you do? It's happening all over the place in the US with our economy. Go on UE ...enjoy your holiday season as getting a new job prior to jan 1 will be pretty fruitless in most cases... then look for a job like it is your job after jan 1 and you'll b ok. btw no shame in ue ...thats what its there for bro...

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Life sucks.
    **** no it doesn't, dude. I worked for a major corporation for quite some time, and they would never give me vacation for my rugby matches, when I had to work on Saturdays, that is. So...after being fed up and tired of going the extra mile for people who couldn't care less, I just started being a dick and went to my rugby matches anyway. Then I just started being a total prick and made them fire me.

Unemployment!!!

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    speaking of the devil

i got layed off today too.

ugh. i expected it though really. no biggie, i was moving anyway

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the support guys. It sounds like this is really happening to quite alot of people lately.
    The thing that actually makes me feel better is that there are a handful of guys that are in the same boat with me, my friends that all worked there too. So I know if one of us finds a job, we'll try to get the others on board.
    But in the meantime, unemployment here I come!

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Worry coz yu really can't stop even if you try. If that makes sense. All i can say is get your unemployment coz you paid into it. Your not a guy who just wants to get unemployment. I'm sure you'll look for a job while taking the check.

Goodluck with job searching.

graffixct is offline New Member
    Damn dood that sucks! Yeah get the unemployment, I've done it before, all I need to do is check to see how much of my taxes were taken out of my paychecks each week and I dont feel bad at all

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    For a while, I was reading about companies downsizing and laying off employees, but it was only headlines to me. Lately it has been hitting very close to home. My company has already had 2 large downsizes (one just last week). Also, my bro and a few other people I know have been laid off within the past few weeks. Times are hard bro, but stay positive. It may not be your dream job, but there is always some kind of work out there that will put food on the table.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    just read your thread and hell no it does not make you an asshole do it that is what it is for not for all the @#******@#### out there that have never worked.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Man this economy has hit everyone bad. You paid into unemployment so yes you should use it.

running_scared is offline Junior Member
    I'm possibly getting laid off in the next month or so.
    Not sure how my EI chances are since I'm classified as part time working 40 hour weeks, going to uni at the same time. I also live in Canada so it shows all north america is getting hit hard.

Stressful times thats for sure.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    If you're classified as part-time, do you not receive benefits? I would think they would keep workers like you as you are less costly to the company.

bigt10 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    I wonder if it would have actually been easier if you had a whole 2 weeks to worry about your last day of work rather than the 15 seconds it took for him to tell you.

Maybe he actually did it out of respect, who knows?
    G/luck & do whatever you need to, including robbing a bank (I can help if you need a partner) =]
    haha just dont get any of that worthless currency from the vaults. The unemployed will have tons of it to burn soon anyways with the New Deal Part2 and the coming hyper inflation from all this printing money. Atleast if people are going to have a hard time being able to afford heating we can have tons of worthless paper that burns nice from the federal reserve.

running_scared is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac View Post
    If you're classified as part-time, do you not receive benefits? I would think they would keep workers like you as you are less costly to the company.
    That's what I believe too, but generally companies from what I've seen get rid of people in this order::

Weekenders/Part timers.
    Dead weight.
    Fulltimers.

We had 10 people laid off (of about 100) because their deparments slowed down, my department has about a week left of work and out of 4 of us, 2-3 will have to go very, very soon. Another tell-tale sign of problems is the company bonus that went anywhere from 500-1500 quarterly to a 50 dollar gift certificate to the local food store...yeeowch. Rock and a hard place right now.

Thread Information