Thread: BMR Calc.

bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member

Question BMR Calc.

do you guys use the harris benedict or a different one im designing my new diet and the harris benedict puts me at 3800 cals but the one i used accounts for activity and lbm and puts me at 4100 cals which one is better for the real bmr? which one do you guys use

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    The harris benedict calculator does account for activity level. Thats the one I choose to use when designing a diet. I do however, plug my lean body weight into the equation instead of my total body weight when designing a cutting diet.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Katch-McArdle Formula

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Katch-McArdle Formula
    yeah thats the one i use this does the lean factor so this is better right? because it ads like 300 cals a day

Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post
    The harris benedict calculator does account for activity level. Thats the one I choose to use when designing a diet. I do however, plug my lean body weight into the equation instead of my total body weight when designing a cutting diet.
    if you do lbm only wont the calories start out to low right off the bat because the unaccounted for mass will eat up the cals you set for the lbm or no?

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bodybuilder1107 View Post
    if you do lbm only wont the calories start out to low right off the bat because the unaccounted for mass will eat up the cals you set for the lbm or no?
    Depends on how low below your maintenance level you set your daily caloric total at.
    On average, you would only be talking about a difference of 20-30 lbs of useless bodyweight in the form of fat, so no, I don't believe this would have any significantly detrimental effects. Some may have a different opinion.

Thread Information