Bojangles69 is offline Banned

Does this mean I have add?

I *use* to (back in the day) post really long responses in threads.

But now and days I'll hover my mouse over the title of a new thread and if I see more than 2 sentences I won't even bother clicking in it. Like that little yellow pop up square will display with the text and if I see "...." at the end of the box its like a warning.

I am trying though. I prob couldnt get through this post either actually.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post

But now and days I'll hover my mouse over the title of a new thread and if I see more than 2 sentences I won't even bother clicking in it. Like that little yellow pop up square will display with the text and if I see "...." at the end of the box its like a warning.

I guess Iam too

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Me too i've become so use to that feature, that i hate other forums that dont have it.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    I use that little yellow box too. It's like a "trailer" for the thread. If it's good, I'll click, if not, see you later.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Ummm, didn't read this thread,,, just giving an answer.......

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Lets go ride bikes

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I have to resist the urge to answer the thread based on just the thread title alone.

Examples:
    Is my diet ok?
    nope, probably not.

Am I ready for a cycle?
    nope, probably not.

How old should you be before doing steroids ?
    older than you.

what's sad is that reading the post after the title often doesn't change the response.

higherdesire is offline Banned
    and i thought that I was the only thread snob...

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis

Not at all...To be honest, the busier I have become with school and my other activities, it means that I have a lot less time to engage in lond winded arguments and explanations. This is even more relevant when it comes to the main forums where you are giving advice, most often times to people who are going to do the opposite of what you say anyway. Makes it seem like a huge waste of time. I do enjoy talking to a lot of the bro's on here who I am friends with that I can relate to. I give madd props to the bros on this board who spend hours in other forums educating people, I have little patience or time to do that.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    I'm just lazy. The majority of the threads I post in I don't even read past the original post.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    i did it for this one, didnt want to enter, but i'm killing time

moregunsthanroses is offline Associate Member
    lol at this thread...

Possibly ADD if it's something that doesn't interest you thats understandable as well

J431S is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Not at all...To be honest, the busier I have become with school and my other activities, it means that I have a lot less time to engage in lond winded arguments and explanations. This is even more relevant when it comes to the main forums where you are giving advice, most often times to people who are going to do the opposite of what you say anyway. Makes it seem like a huge waste of time. I do enjoy talking to a lot of the bro's on here who I am friends with that I can relate to. I give madd props to the bros on this board who spend hours in other forums educating people, I have little patience or time to do that.
    my sentiment exactly. I feel like u took all these from my head.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    whats this thread about?

uh... i pick answer D : All the above

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader

no, you dont you're just lazy.
    i have add and that is unrelated to add.
    an adder like me will start reading a post, then black out, no clue at what point i stopped readind, you try recatching the text and if its not very interesting for you you are incapable of keeping focused and centered. you frustrate and just do anything else.

run_n_fool is offline Associate Member
    Voland,

serious question: do you have diagnosed adult add? what were your other symptoms and how was the diagnosis made? what do they have you on (if anything)?

often think i have it . . .

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by run_n_fool View Post
    Voland,

serious question: do you have diagnosed adult add? what were your other symptoms and how was the diagnosis made? what do they have you on (if anything)?

often think i have it . . .
    yes i have diagnosed. always rejected being treated for that (with meds) as i'm being treated for a lot of other serious mental shit.

my simptoms where blackouts, as if you where watching tv, lights go out, the tv goes back and you go like, where was i. At first they though i was autist and retarded (morons) then i got checked in a psicological institution and discovered i wasnt autist, i had add and the was related to my poor grades, i was unable to pay attention, and unable to remember anything short-mid time cos i paid no attention when i was reading, my papers where full of drawings and some random words the teacher said.

So they runned me some test, some stupid very easy test, bricks, and IQ tests and found out i had 154 IQ (its very common that add have higher IQs and are gifter with something i my case is some stupid gift "abstraction" and "logical reasoning" you should see my drawing i see clearly a fish and people go "wtf is that??? i and say come on dont you see the fish? or whatever). and basically that was all. as i was being (and still) treated for anxiety, depression and insomnia i dont want more pills. Specially when
    add is not an isuue for me at all.

run_n_fool is offline Associate Member
    interesting . . . thanks. if i have it, then it is not at all like yours. more likely i just get bored quickly.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    1. It’s a cost benefit ratio: Is this thread worth my time and effort and if not then it’s time to move on.

2. It is our evolutionary human characteristics to make split second decisions about whether we engage or not.

3. Anything over 3 sentences is usually a waste of our time because most people won’t read it anyway…

J431S is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Voland View Post
    yes i have diagnosed. always rejected being treated for that (with meds) as i'm being treated for a lot of other serious mental shit.

my simptoms where blackouts, as if you where watching tv, lights go out, the tv goes back and you go like, where was i. At first they though i was autist and retarded (morons) then i got checked in a psicological institution and discovered i wasnt autist, i had add and the was related to my poor grades, i was unable to pay attention, and unable to remember anything short-mid time cos i paid no attention when i was reading, my papers where full of drawings and some random words the teacher said.

So they runned me some test, some stupid very easy test, bricks, and IQ tests and found out i had 154 IQ (its very common that add have higher IQs and are gifter with something i my case is some stupid gift "abstraction" and "logical reasoning" you should see my drawing i see clearly a fish and people go "wtf is that??? i and say come on dont you see the fish? or whatever). and basically that was all. as i was being (and still) treated for anxiety, depression and insomnia i dont want more pills. Specially when
    add is not an isuue for me at all.
    The ability to learn quick abstract information and to reason well logically is not a stupid gift. I find it hard to belief that highers IQs are also correlated with ADD. Could give us more details preferably on your personal account (smthing like anecdote). Thanks

sizerp is offline Banned
    I think I have ADD too because I read the bottom of the thread first and then try to reason out WTF people are talking about, and get confused. Anyone help?

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    You're a pretty knowledgeable dude.

Thread Information