firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member

Lie detector test

Ok so I applied for county job in my area since they start at $5,900 a month if you get in. So my question is, will they ask me about taking steroids ? another one is. I actually in-hailded weed once only this year cause I was with this girl at her house. I blew it out real quick and said no I can't do this shit. Besides that date I have never smoked pot or anything else in the last 12 years or so. If I say yes, I've done drugs I will not probably past the test right? Should I answer correctly or try to beat the lie deterctor test?

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    It depends. Do you feel like you've done drugs? If you really really really don't believe you have, you'll be fine. If you're skeptical (in your head) you're ****ed.

no, I don't really feel i've actually done drugs to be truthful. I have never gotten hie or anything. It was only a one time thing but I blew in the air and out real quick like a smoke and left it like that. I know I couldn't do it.

Hey stone do u work in real estate?

Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831 View Post
    Ok so I applied for county job in my area since they start at $5,900 a month if you get in. So my question is, will they ask me about taking steroids? another one is. I actually in-hailded weed once only this year cause I was with this girl at her house. I blew it out real quick and said no I can't do this shit. Besides that date I have never smoked pot or anything else in the last 12 years or so. If I say yes, I've done drugs I will not probably past the test right? Should I answer correctly or try to beat the lie deterctor test?
    No one pays a man who spells inhaled as "in-hailed" more than minimum wage.

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    convince yourself that you haven't done them. and since you already don't think so you should be ok

Charger527 is offline Senior Member
    i heard putting a tac in your shoe can help beat lie detector tests, just hurt yourself when you want to lie..

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger527 View Post
    i heard putting a tac in your shoe can help beat lie detector tests, just hurt yourself when you want to lie..
    wrong, it's been proven not to work...on that TV show, Mythbusters, it was actually a pretty interesting show, it tells you exactly how the lie detector works.
    Last edited by KatsMeow; 12-30-2008 at 05:53 AM.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    I really wouldn't worry too much about the steroid thing...they usually want to know about your character and integrity...criminal past...drug use...and things like if you are prone to violent outbursts...they might ask a general question and depending on your answer..have follow up questions to try narrowing down the time period for your yes answers such as the drug think...and sometimes they will let you explain your answer a little more rather than just a yes/no type thing..the main thing is getting relaxed so you don't show a strong reaction to the question...they pretty much know the answer before you speak...its about how your body reacts to the questions...

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Eight Steps to Beating a Lie Detector

Ah, the mystery of the lie detector. Can it really be beaten? George Constanza said trying to learn would be like asking Pavarotti to teach you his tricks. Well, grab your microphone and get ready. It’s time for you to hit the stage.
    The basics

To beat a polygraph, you first have to understand how it works. The machine basically just monitors your body for changes. You wear devices that measure your heart rate, blood pressure, and breathing. An administrator asks you a series of questions, starting with “controls.” These are used to figure your body’s baseline reaction when you aren’t hiding anything. He’ll mix these in with the “relevants,” or questions related to the actual investigation. Understanding the difference is the most important step in learning to beat the machine.
    Controlling the controls

A control will ask you something general that’s unrelated to the matter at hand. It’ll be broadly focused and often about a subject that causes discomfort. For example, have you ever lied to a loved one? Have you ever cheated on an exam, or stolen from an employer?

The real key to beating the lie detector is controlling your reaction to these controls. You need to produce a stronger physiological response to these questions than to the actual relevant ones. Here’s how:

* Maintain a calm and regular breathing rate. You want to be hitting about 15 to 30 shallow breaths in and out per minute, so about three seconds per inhale or exhale.
    * When you recognize a control, immediately change that rate. The easiest way is to hold your breath once, for five seconds, after exhaling.
    * At the same time, increase your heart rate and blood pressure. You can do this by performing mental arithmetic — doing complex division in your head, trying to count backwards by sevens — or by biting slowly on the side of your tongue, hard enough to produce moderate pain. Either will work, but make sure you’ve practiced plenty so it’s not noticeable.

Relaxing on the relevants

The second part of the equation happens with the relevant questions — the ones actually going after the information they need. All you have to do when faced with these is maintain the calm and regular breathing rate you learned, and remember that you are in control. Even if your body produces a slight nervous response, it won’t be nearly as high as the excited response you created.
    Passing the other tests

So you’ve mastered the polygraph itself. Now you just to make sure you pass the other subtle tests that start the minute you walk in the door. Your administrator will be watching your every move, and it’s not just the machine that can lead you to trouble.

* Make no admissions. Regardless of what the polygraph shows, everything you say is being recorded. Don’t say anything you’ll regret.
    * Keep your answers short. Administrators are trained to watch for extra words and rambling replies. Stick to simple yes-no answers as often as possible.
    * When answering questions, stay still. Don’t change positions or shake your head, and don’t hesitate before speaking.
    * Remember that you’re always being watched. Don’t do anything that could raise suspicion. Even if you’re in a room alone — bathroom included — odds are they’re taking notes.

George Costanza said it best: It’s not a lie if you believe it. Take these tips to heart and practice them until they become second nature. Then you too will have what it takes to beat a lie detector.

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2008/06/...-lie-detector/

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I believe they just ask if you are currently taking drugs. It is all about integrity though.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    The best way to beat it is to get wasted before you take it.

Drunk people don't even know whey they lie.

Just drink Vodka, it has no smell, dar dar

sizerp is offline Banned
    So, you don't believe you do drugs? You just said you smoked weed once, and use steroids . You're F'ed.

Brokenribs don't be hatting bro. I did spell it in correct but english is my second language.
    Well what you guys consider steroids a drug?

DSM thanks for the great info. You're always very helpful and knowlegable in every subject. Thanks everyone here too for there comments and opinions.

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Doesn't really matter what we think. I mean, I think steroids are a drug, but then again I think tylenol is a drug. Have I taken drugs? Yes. Have I taken illegal drugs? No. Anabolics are legal, just not to me lol. Good luck and hopefully they don't ask you anything you cant get by. Good luck bro

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBricks View Post
    You should have been a Cardiologist...

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    i have taken two tests before. i'm no pro, and by no means know the science behind it..

but i will tell you the trick they will use to get you..

they will ask your questions first, asking you to explain any answer in writting that needs explaining, then strap you to the machine and re ask them, usually only yes and no answers..

they ask me had i ever done drugs, i answered yes, i smoked weed when i was 16, didn't like it and hadn't since..i staired at the wall, focusing on a imperfection in the dry wall and didn't take my focus off of it, i ran through all the steps in my head on how you would fix a messed up dry wall... Even the FBI hires people that have done drugs. most all state and county rules are you have to be clean for 5 years.

9 times out of ten they will re-ask you questions, saying that there was something wrong with your answer, sometimes they will go as fair as restarting the lie detector saying "i'll give you another chance and see if its the machine".. but really they are just trying to trick you into admitting something. one of my close friends they asked to write a sworn statement that he had never used drugs because there was deception..he replied, "i don't know the workings of your machine, therefor i can't write anything, i told the truth"...he was told later thats how they usually catch people lying.
    Last edited by quarry206; 12-30-2008 at 05:17 PM. Reason: i suck at spelling

Blog Entries
    The polygraph is full of poly BS science.

CeeLo is offline Senior Member
    Yeah,

That stupid machine kept me out of the FBI and DEA because I was asked if I had ever sold drugs. I grew up around a bunch of dealers and hung out with them and thought about selling them one time, but never actually sold any.

I passed all phases of the application and was put out after the dumb test. I hate those stupid things.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

I wanted to work for the FBI as well, this was about 8 years ago. I decided to get my degree in Business Finance and Accounting instead. I'd like having the power to carry a gun and speed on the road though.
    That sucks Ceelo, hopefully you found something that works for u now.
    Last edited by firmechicano831; 12-30-2008 at 05:35 PM.

I like that pic DSM.

Blog Entries
    I had a very eye opening conversation with an FBI agent about drugs one time. Needless to say, Them guys tip toe the law as much as the people they are trying to catch. Hence Why I now want to be a G-Man, Absolute Power!!!!

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Have you taken an Asprin? thats Drugs, Marijuana is also a drug, as is steroids , When they ask think about before till you believe yourself
    Asprin=Drug
    Marijuana=a Herb,Plant
    Steroids=Naturally occuring Hormones that are synthetically made, that you choose to supplement in your body-Just like a Flinstone Vitamin

Its mind over matter, It dont matter if you dont mind

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    just say you did the shit

they are also looking for honesty.

CeeLo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
    just say you did the shit

they are also looking for honesty.
    I tried that with the DEA after I failed the FBI poly from trying to use tricks that I read on the net (much like the one DSM put up). One of the first questions they ask you is something about cheating on the polygraph or read anything about cheating on the polygraph.

Then I tried the honest bit and the DEA wasn't having any of that since they are the Drug Enforcement Agency. They told me it was a zero tolerance.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Theres a 50-50 shot of getting a false positive (coming up as your lying even though you wern't). 5-95 shot of false negative(tricking machine and it saying you're telling truth when your not). Pathological liars are probably good at beating machines.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    The polygraph is full of poly BS science.
    More like ZERO science at all.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBricks View Post
    hahaha exactly.

Id like to have a machine so I could practive and use it for fun. LOL It be cool to have ur friends sit down and u ask the questions. LOL

well like I mentioned above, english is my second language. I want to see most of you try to do the same with another language and be perfect at it. Besides, there's been alot of smart people that didn't know how to read and write that are now worth millions.

This is for brokenribs. True story, When I was going to school there was alot of asian people that didn't even know to speak english correctly but what amazed me the most was their desire to learn and never give up. I know a class mate that is now the CFO at Cysco systems and makes over 350k a year on salary. I made about 280k right after college, imagine if I knew how to spell correctly. I would probably hit 500k. LOL

Zino is offline Associate Member
    Do what DSM described in his post. I was polygraphed a few years ago and doing those things I lied through the whole thing and passed fine. I messed up in one question in which I didint lie but it appeared as if I did though... theres a free handbook about it online, you might want to look for it.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831 View Post
    This is for brokenribs. True story, When I was going to school there was alot of asian people that didn't even know to speak english correctly but what amazed me the most was their desire to learn and never give up. I know a class mate that is now the CFO at Cysco systems and makes over 350k a year on salary. I made about 280k right after college, imagine if I knew how to spell correctly. I would probably hit 500k. LOL
    if the cfo of cIsco systems only makes 350k a year that is very sad. and what do you do that pays 280k and doesn't require the english language? the guys name is broken BRICKS.

breakbones is offline Senior Member
    It's not really a LIE detector, it's only known to detect ellevated stress levels, however, when you get on the machine, we as humans are already feeling anxiety only becuse we are out of our securty zone.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    if the cfo of cIsco systems only makes 350k a year that is very sad. and what do you do that pays 280k and doesn't require the english language? the guys name is broken BRICKS.
    He is a Real Estate agent in California, so $280k/yr is probably on the low end for the top earners in that region. Im guessing because of the current market that is why he is looking elsewhere for employment...

yeah I work in Real Estate. Right now I work for Freddie Mac and other banks. The problem is sometimes you have to work you're ass off and don't get paid for at least two months and you don't have a retirement fund. Now if you get a great job with the city our county lets say police officer or firemen you could make as much as $80,000 you're first year and retire after 20 years and keep 90% of ur pay.

CA has been hit hard right now and car dealerships are even going out of business. Real Estate is low and even silicon valley is getting hit hard. Probably mostly everyone in the U.S.

Thread Information