Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Norwich Muscles is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    95

    Mariusz Pudzianowski wins!!!

    I am so happy Mariusz won.......

    Poundstone was too cocky and confident, nothing worse then an overconfident American (apologies to my American brothers). I do indeed like most of you yanks, and liked all the other American contestants in WSM.... In fact watching one of the American super series, I loved it when American Travis Ortmayer beat Poundstone.

    Any thoughts?

    I do think Poundstone will be hot favourite next year though... Although I hear Mariusz was a lot lighter and lost pounds for his the Polish version of dancing with the starts.... So if Mariusz bulks up again, I think he will be untouchable just like a few years ago.

  2. #2
    rockinred's Avatar
    rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Training Hardcore Style
    Posts
    2,337
    Do you have any links??

  3. #3
    rich1234's Avatar
    rich1234 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    294

  4. #4
    rockinred's Avatar
    rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Training Hardcore Style
    Posts
    2,337
    dang that was really close, Mariusz might of lost if he hadn't dropped at the end...Mariusz is always kicking butt though... I'd like to see some more new competition that can give him a run.... He is the king of the hill for now.

  5. #5
    firmechicano831's Avatar
    firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Bay, California
    Posts
    4,160
    That was very close.

  6. #6
    bodybuilder1107's Avatar
    bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In The Gym
    Posts
    1,250
    that was a close one i love that guy what ever happened to the young prodigy from the u.s? i forgot his name though he was like 22 when he qualified

  7. #7
    Norwich Muscles is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    95
    Mariusz was a lot smaller this year....Lets see what he is looking like next year. Such a great show....I wonder what cycles those guys are on? Especially the smaller, muscle bound ones like Mariusz.

  8. #8
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    what ever happened to the young prodigy from the u.s? i forgot his name though he was like 22 when he qualified


    ^^^kevin nee?? dunno where he's been... he was like 19 when he first qualified..insane

  9. #9
    Phate's Avatar
    Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    10,940
    Quote Originally Posted by bodybuilder1107 View Post
    that was a close one i love that guy what ever happened to the young prodigy from the u.s? i forgot his name though he was like 22 when he qualified
    do you mean kevin nee

  10. #10
    Phate's Avatar
    Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    10,940
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    ^^^kevin nee?? dunno where he's been...
    always beating me to the punch, LMAO

  11. #11
    bodybuilder1107's Avatar
    bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In The Gym
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    always beating me to the punch, LMAO
    yeah kevin nee watched him on mtv he was runnin like 240 solid at 19 or 20 he was nuts what happened to him? he looked promising

  12. #12
    BgMc31's Avatar
    BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vegas, bitches!!!
    Posts
    3,855
    Mariusz wasn't a lot lighter for this comp. He came at around 310-313 same as just about every year. Derrick was actually ahead by one point going into the stones. He didn't get it high enough on the podium and ended up losing.

    World's strongest man is one of 3 competitions regarded as the triple crown of strongman. The other two events being the Arnold Classic Strongman comp and Fortissimus. Lithuanian Zydrunas Savickas has won the Arnold 6 times and Poundstone has one the only Fortissimus contest held ealier last year. Mariusz has never finished better than 4th at the Arnold and chose not to compete at Fortissimus due to injury.

    The knock on Mariusz is he doesn't fair exceptionally well in heavy, static contest like the Arnold and Fortissimus and Worlds Strongest Man is perfect for him as the weights are exceptionally heavy and there are many more mobil events.

    Funny about the perception of Derrick Poundstone because there is a current debate about his personality going on, on a strongman forum currently.

    As a strongman myself, I have had the pleasure of meeting both these men and Zydrunas Savickas in person. I have to say, of all of them in terms of overall strength, Zydrunas Savickas is the strongest strongman on the planet. Mariusz is great, but Savickas wasn't even invited to WSM the last 3 years.

    Just like any other sport, there are a lot of bullshit politics involved in strongman these days. That is why Mark Henry doesn't compete.

    As for Kevin Nee, he ruptured his bicep earlier this year but still qualified for Worlds Strongest Man, he didn't qualify for the final due to the fatique caused by the injury. He's up to around 291lbs and ripped, and he's recently deadlifted 951lbs.

  13. #13
    bodybuilder1107's Avatar
    bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In The Gym
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Mariusz wasn't a lot lighter for this comp. He came at around 310-313 same as just about every year. Derrick was actually ahead by one point going into the stones. He didn't get it high enough on the podium and ended up losing.

    World's strongest man is one of 3 competitions regarded as the triple crown of strongman. The other two events being the Arnold Classic Strongman comp and Fortissimus. Lithuanian Zydrunas Savickas has won the Arnold 6 times and Poundstone has one the only Fortissimus contest held ealier last year. Mariusz has never finished better than 4th at the Arnold and chose not to compete at Fortissimus due to injury.

    The knock on Mariusz is he doesn't fair exceptionally well in heavy, static contest like the Arnold and Fortissimus and Worlds Strongest Man is perfect for him as the weights are exceptionally heavy and there are many more mobil events.

    Funny about the perception of Derrick Poundstone because there is a current debate about his personality going on, on a strongman forum currently.

    As a strongman myself, I have had the pleasure of meeting both these men and Zydrunas Savickas in person. I have to say, of all of them in terms of overall strength, Zydrunas Savickas is the strongest strongman on the planet. Mariusz is great, but Savickas wasn't even invited to WSM the last 3 years.

    Just like any other sport, there are a lot of bullshit politics involved in strongman these days. That is why Mark Henry doesn't compete.

    As for Kevin Nee, he ruptured his bicep earlier this year but still qualified for Worlds Strongest Man, he didn't qualify for the final due to the fatique caused by the injury. He's up to around 291lbs and ripped, and he's recently deadlifted 951lbs.

    got any recent pics or links of nee? im fascinated with him for some reason? maybee jealousy i dont know

  14. #14
    BgMc31's Avatar
    BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vegas, bitches!!!
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by bodybuilder1107 View Post
    got any recent pics or links of nee? im fascinated with him for some reason? maybee jealousy i dont know
    Just search his name on YouTube and you'll see a ton of vids of him during his training sessions.

  15. #15
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Mariusz wasn't a lot lighter for this comp. He came at around 310-313 same as just about every year. Derrick was actually ahead by one point going into the stones. He didn't get it high enough on the podium and ended up losing.

    World's strongest man is one of 3 competitions regarded as the triple crown of strongman. The other two events being the Arnold Classic Strongman comp and Fortissimus. Lithuanian Zydrunas Savickas has won the Arnold 6 times and Poundstone has one the only Fortissimus contest held ealier last year. Mariusz has never finished better than 4th at the Arnold and chose not to compete at Fortissimus due to injury.

    The knock on Mariusz is he doesn't fair exceptionally well in heavy, static contest like the Arnold and Fortissimus and Worlds Strongest Man is perfect for him as the weights are exceptionally heavy and there are many more mobil events.

    Funny about the perception of Derrick Poundstone because there is a current debate about his personality going on, on a strongman forum currently.

    As a strongman myself, I have had the pleasure of meeting both these men and Zydrunas Savickas in person. I have to say, of all of them in terms of overall strength, Zydrunas Savickas is the strongest strongman on the planet. Mariusz is great, but Savickas wasn't even invited to WSM the last 3 years.

    Just like any other sport, there are a lot of bullshit politics involved in strongman these days. That is why Mark Henry doesn't compete.

    As for Kevin Nee, he ruptured his bicep earlier this year but still qualified for Worlds Strongest Man, he didn't qualify for the final due to the fatique caused by the injury. He's up to around 291lbs and ripped, and he's recently deadlifted 951lbs.
    yeah wasnt there even a movement a few years ago to start anther sanctioned strongman competition in the us due to bs politics. Alot of the older big name guys were on board??? damn i cant remeber details.....

  16. #16
    BgMc31's Avatar
    BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vegas, bitches!!!
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    yeah wasnt there even a movement a few years ago to start anther sanctioned strongman competition in the us due to bs politics. Alot of the older big name guys were on board??? damn i cant remeber details.....
    There was a huge split between TWI (the company that puts on Worlds Strongest Man) and IFSA. IFSA guys weren't allowed to compete in the Strongest Man Super Series which were qualifiers for WSM. IFSA has recently been bankrupt. There are several organizations out there. But nothing like powerlifting. Now guys are pretty much allowed to compete wherever they want. It's just a matter of getting invites to all the major contest now. Still a lot of politics but I think we'll start to see some of the top guys now competing against each other more frequently.

  17. #17
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,054
    Mark Henry the wrestler?

    That dude is as wide as tall.

  18. #18
    BgMc31's Avatar
    BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vegas, bitches!!!
    Posts
    3,855
    Before Mark Henry was a wrestler, he made his name in the strength game. Top powerlifter, top olympic lifter, and winner of the inagural Arnold classic...twice I believe.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •