Norwich Muscles is offline Junior Member

Mariusz Pudzianowski wins!!!

I am so happy Mariusz won.......

Poundstone was too cocky and confident, nothing worse then an overconfident American (apologies to my American brothers). I do indeed like most of you yanks, and liked all the other American contestants in WSM.... In fact watching one of the American super series, I loved it when American Travis Ortmayer beat Poundstone.

Any thoughts?

I do think Poundstone will be hot favourite next year though... Although I hear Mariusz was a lot lighter and lost pounds for his the Polish version of dancing with the starts.... So if Mariusz bulks up again, I think he will be untouchable just like a few years ago.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Do you have any links??

rich1234 is offline Associate Member

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    dang that was really close, Mariusz might of lost if he hadn't dropped at the end...Mariusz is always kicking butt though... I'd like to see some more new competition that can give him a run.... He is the king of the hill for now.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    That was very close.

bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    that was a close one i love that guy what ever happened to the young prodigy from the u.s? i forgot his name though he was like 22 when he qualified

Norwich Muscles is offline Junior Member
    Mariusz was a lot smaller this year....Lets see what he is looking like next year. Such a great show....I wonder what cycles those guys are on? Especially the smaller, muscle bound ones like Mariusz.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    what ever happened to the young prodigy from the u.s? i forgot his name though he was like 22 when he qualified

^^^kevin nee?? dunno where he's been... he was like 19 when he first qualified..insane

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by bodybuilder1107 View Post
    that was a close one i love that guy what ever happened to the young prodigy from the u.s? i forgot his name though he was like 22 when he qualified
    do you mean kevin nee

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    ^^^kevin nee?? dunno where he's been...
    always beating me to the punch, LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    always beating me to the punch, LMAO
    yeah kevin nee watched him on mtv he was runnin like 240 solid at 19 or 20 he was nuts what happened to him? he looked promising

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Mariusz wasn't a lot lighter for this comp. He came at around 310-313 same as just about every year. Derrick was actually ahead by one point going into the stones. He didn't get it high enough on the podium and ended up losing.

World's strongest man is one of 3 competitions regarded as the triple crown of strongman. The other two events being the Arnold Classic Strongman comp and Fortissimus. Lithuanian Zydrunas Savickas has won the Arnold 6 times and Poundstone has one the only Fortissimus contest held ealier last year. Mariusz has never finished better than 4th at the Arnold and chose not to compete at Fortissimus due to injury.

The knock on Mariusz is he doesn't fair exceptionally well in heavy, static contest like the Arnold and Fortissimus and Worlds Strongest Man is perfect for him as the weights are exceptionally heavy and there are many more mobil events.

Funny about the perception of Derrick Poundstone because there is a current debate about his personality going on, on a strongman forum currently.

As a strongman myself, I have had the pleasure of meeting both these men and Zydrunas Savickas in person. I have to say, of all of them in terms of overall strength, Zydrunas Savickas is the strongest strongman on the planet. Mariusz is great, but Savickas wasn't even invited to WSM the last 3 years.

Just like any other sport, there are a lot of bullshit politics involved in strongman these days. That is why Mark Henry doesn't compete.

As for Kevin Nee, he ruptured his bicep earlier this year but still qualified for Worlds Strongest Man, he didn't qualify for the final due to the fatique caused by the injury. He's up to around 291lbs and ripped, and he's recently deadlifted 951lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Mariusz wasn't a lot lighter for this comp. He came at around 310-313 same as just about every year. Derrick was actually ahead by one point going into the stones. He didn't get it high enough on the podium and ended up losing.

World's strongest man is one of 3 competitions regarded as the triple crown of strongman. The other two events being the Arnold Classic Strongman comp and Fortissimus. Lithuanian Zydrunas Savickas has won the Arnold 6 times and Poundstone has one the only Fortissimus contest held ealier last year. Mariusz has never finished better than 4th at the Arnold and chose not to compete at Fortissimus due to injury.

The knock on Mariusz is he doesn't fair exceptionally well in heavy, static contest like the Arnold and Fortissimus and Worlds Strongest Man is perfect for him as the weights are exceptionally heavy and there are many more mobil events.

Funny about the perception of Derrick Poundstone because there is a current debate about his personality going on, on a strongman forum currently.

As a strongman myself, I have had the pleasure of meeting both these men and Zydrunas Savickas in person. I have to say, of all of them in terms of overall strength, Zydrunas Savickas is the strongest strongman on the planet. Mariusz is great, but Savickas wasn't even invited to WSM the last 3 years.

Just like any other sport, there are a lot of bullshit politics involved in strongman these days. That is why Mark Henry doesn't compete.

As for Kevin Nee, he ruptured his bicep earlier this year but still qualified for Worlds Strongest Man, he didn't qualify for the final due to the fatique caused by the injury. He's up to around 291lbs and ripped, and he's recently deadlifted 951lbs.

got any recent pics or links of nee? im fascinated with him for some reason? maybee jealousy i dont know

Quote Originally Posted by bodybuilder1107 View Post
    got any recent pics or links of nee? im fascinated with him for some reason? maybee jealousy i dont know
    Just search his name on YouTube and you'll see a ton of vids of him during his training sessions.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post

yeah wasnt there even a movement a few years ago to start anther sanctioned strongman competition in the us due to bs politics. Alot of the older big name guys were on board??? damn i cant remeber details.....

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    yeah wasnt there even a movement a few years ago to start anther sanctioned strongman competition in the us due to bs politics. Alot of the older big name guys were on board??? damn i cant remeber details.....
    There was a huge split between TWI (the company that puts on Worlds Strongest Man) and IFSA. IFSA guys weren't allowed to compete in the Strongest Man Super Series which were qualifiers for WSM. IFSA has recently been bankrupt. There are several organizations out there. But nothing like powerlifting. Now guys are pretty much allowed to compete wherever they want. It's just a matter of getting invites to all the major contest now. Still a lot of politics but I think we'll start to see some of the top guys now competing against each other more frequently.

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Mark Henry the wrestler?

That dude is as wide as tall.

Before Mark Henry was a wrestler, he made his name in the strength game. Top powerlifter, top olympic lifter, and winner of the inagural Arnold classic...twice I believe.

Thread Information