Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    There are a number of different methods under the HIT style programs, Rest is very important if you do it right. I use warm-up sets then hit hard for 6-8 on most exercises (little more on legs). I also employ forced negatives esp on the arms, drop weights, S/S, etc.
    I have now settled on a HIT program that is a 6 day split, 2 on 1 off. The whole body being done over 4 working days..
    The only thing i am missing is a training partner, i have to use machines on some of the exercises

Just a bit of imput

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    My body responds better to high volume. I have tried HIT many times throughout the years and experienced good strength gains. However, from a purely visual and aesthetic standpoint, high volume has always made me look better and more muscular. I usually work out 6 days a week. Train large bodyparts once a week and smaller ones twice a week. 16-20 sets per muscle group.

I also like high volume because it has helped me stay fairly injury free for a long time.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    guess ill just have to experiment. Today my chest isnt sore and i swear i went like Ballz to the wallz on Chest and Bi's and neither is really sore today. On a side note i used a machine for one of my chest exercises the chest press machine and must say i really like it alot, anyone else like this machine?

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    guess ill just have to experiment. Today my chest isnt sore and i swear i went like Ballz to the wallz on Chest and Bi's and neither is really sore today. On a side note i used a machine for one of my chest exercises the chest press machine and must say i really like it alot, anyone else like this machine?
    Did you go to complete failure and utilized forced reps with a training partner.... Training partners really are key IMO for HIT to be successful

Also with the seated chest press machine I use this one that starts out wide then comes in closer to squeeze the pecs. A unique machine has I'm unable to find a pic

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    Did you go to complete failure and utilized forced reps with a training partner.... Training partners really are key IMO for HIT to be successful

Also with the seated chest press machine I use this one that starts out wide then comes in closer to squeeze the pecs. A unique machine has I'm unable to find a pic
    Yeah i used it i liked it alot cant believe i had never used it before, I think i may have not rested enough between exercises, also just because im not sore does that mean i didnt stimulate the muscle good enough?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information