Nitro29 is offline Member

Thumbs up Any gun guys? Getting a Wildey...

I ordered the "Hunter" with a 12" barell, and I went ahead and got the .475wildey as I will mostly be using it to shoot wild pigs and some deer. Mostly pigs though.

Anybody else out there got one? If so please tell me about it...Nitro

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    no i got a .50 AE Desert Eagle but yours kicks more but yeah you could bring down jsut about anything with that bad boy, anything you shoot and doesnt die deserves to live lol
    Great Gun, What'd u pay for yours?
    -AJ

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Interesting. I've only seen one once. Not familiar with them at all. Why would you depend on a largely unknown auto pistol while facing a mean-ass wild pig?

Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    no i got a .50 AE Desert Eagle but yours kicks more but yeah you could bring down jsut about anything with that bad boy, anything you shoot and doesnt die deserves to live lol
    -AJ
    I had a Desert Eagle. What a waste of $. Thing stovepiped regularly.

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    i have Taurus 945 and an FN-FAL : love it!

Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst View Post
    Interesting. I've only seen one once. Not familiar with them at all. Why would you depend on a largely unknown auto pistol while facing a mean-ass wild pig?
    Just because everybody doesnt know it like the Deagle does not make it inadaquate. Far from it, I feel perfectly fine taking pigs with it, I usually use a pit bull and a knife. Having a gun is icing on the cake, obviously no dogs on that deal. It will serve other duties as well though.

I am curious about the one you saw, could you elaborate on that a bit? Model, caliber, shape, etc? Thanks bro...Nitro

I have heard of that happening a few times, cant you do some work on the (your) grip to really cut that down? Its things like this that are making me go with the Wildey.

Its built when you order it, when you order it, how you order it. Right here in the good old USA. Conneticut to be exact. I am really looking forward to it. If its too much I will dial it down to a .44

-AJ
    Thanks Bro, its gonna cost me about $1800 looks like. Plus a few goodies.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    wouldnt you rather a 308 for pigs, why a hand gun?

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    i don't have any, but i've shot a few. fav was either my friends .44 mag (a lil clint eastwood lol) or his brothers 9mm. his bro is in the army so he got a pretty nice one.

i would probably get a glock if i ever got one. can't really go wrong with most glocks

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    i shoot boars with my fists. i hate guns.

Mine works fine, i clean it regularly, got it for a great deal, only problem is cost of ammo, took down a bear last winter with one well placed shot, wouldnt give it up for anything

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro29 View Post
    Thanks Bro, its gonna cost me about $1800 looks like. Plus a few goodies.
    could go with a .44 mag with 8inch barrel and then scope it i got one of thoes too

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro29 View Post
    Just because everybody doesnt know it like the Deagle does not make it inadaquate.

I am curious about the one you saw, could you elaborate on that a bit? Model, caliber, shape, etc? Thanks bro...Nitro
    Quite the contrary. Given my experience with the desert eagle I would prefer this Wildey any day.

As I recall the one I saw was chambered in .44mag and looked... well, like it was supposed to. Honestly it's been years-- it's a credit to the gun's uniqueness that I remember it at all.

As for the Eagle and it's stovepiping... absolutely grip plays a large role. It wants to be fired with a stiff arm, anything but and it will screw you. After a few clips when your wrist started to get weak the malfunctions increased tenfold. It was also very picky when it came to ammo. Mine was chambered in .44mag. I have heard that in .50 it is much more reliable, but this is just chat, I have no idea how true this is.
    Last edited by Ernst; 01-07-2009 at 12:27 AM.

And before someone asks... It was fully stripped and cleaned every time it was fired. New springs.. etc. I can still break one of those down to the guts in the dark. I own other guns... all of my pistols have been powerful calibers. None have ever given me any of the problems that thing did.

Quite the contrary. Given my experience with the desert eagle I would prefer this Wildey any day.

As I recall the one I saw was chambered in .44mag and looked... well, like it was supposed to. Honestly it's been years-- it's a credit to the gun's uniqueness that I remember it at all.

As for the Eagle and it's stovepiping... absolutely grip plays a large role. It wants to be fired with a stiff arm, anything but and it will screw you. After a few clips when your wrist started to get weak the malfunctions increased tenfold. It was also very picky when it came to ammo. Mine was chambered in .44mag. I have heard that in .50 it is much more reliable, but this is just chat, I have no idea how true this is.
    I dont fire mine with a "Stiff" arm i do use to hands slightly relaxed, and unless in a War why is there a need to fire multi magazines???
    mine is .50 caliber AE Action Express and is wonderful have never had any problems with it.

But i very unpractical to own for any reason other than owning a Deagle LOL
    For any and all use i would Prefer the .44 smith & wesson model 29 8 3/8 barrel

I dont fire mine with a "Stiff" arm i do use to hands slightly relaxed, and unless in a War why is there a need to fire multi magazines???
    mine is .50 caliber AE Action Express and is wonderful have never had any problems with it.
    Uuuhhhh... for practice and fun? I like to shoot accurately and be familiar with all of my firearms. With hands relaxed it gave me problems. I fired thousands of rounds through it before giving up. I got a feeling for what worked and what didn't. With ammo it didn't like it couldn't even go though a clip without a hiccup. With the right ammo and a stiff wrist it was pretty reliable. "Pretty reliable" still isn't good enough for me. I want it to work every time. So I'm spoiled. Seriously, I have lots of practice shooting. Lots. This thing was at least a lemon if it wasn't a representation of the line. Glad yours works.

Right on, they're are expensive to shoot thats for sure

EghtySx is offline Junior Member
    Uuuhhhh... for practice and fun? I like to shoot accurately and be familiar with all of my firearms. With hands relaxed it gave me problems. I fired thousands of rounds through it before giving up. I got a feeling for what worked and what didn't. With ammo it didn't like it couldn't even go though a clip without a hiccup. With the right ammo and a stiff wrist it was pretty reliable. "Pretty reliable" still isn't good enough for me. I want it to work every time. So I'm spoiled. Seriously, I have lots of practice shooting. Lots. This thing was at least a lemon if it wasn't a representation of the line. Glad yours works.

That gun doesn't take "clips" Bro.

read the whole thread before u post, we started talking about the Deagle

The Deagle doesnt take clips. It takes magazines.

wow.....and please tell me the difference between a 30 round clip or magazine?

or a 100 round drum clip

or a person saying hey bro load that clip for me,
    or hand me that mag for the .50
    there is no differnce

Wikipedia ("magazine"): A magazine is an ammunition storage and feeding device within or attached to a repeating firearm. Magazines may be integral to the firearm (fixed) or removable (detachable). The magazine functions by moving the cartridges stored in the magazine into a position where they may be loaded into the chamber by the action of the firearm. The detachable magazine is often referred to as a clip; the correctness of this usage has been the subject of debate for most of a century.

Sounds like it's not really worth arguing, just a choice of words.

yeah he wanted to i didnt, i just wanted to give him a hard time for wanting to LOL

A clip is a device that is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine of a repeating firearm. This speeds up the process of loading the firearm as several rounds can be loaded at once, rather than one round being loaded at a time. Several different types of clips exist, most of which are made of inexpensive metal stampings that are designed to be disposable, though they are often re-used.

The term clip is commonly but erroneously used to describe a firearm magazine. A clip is used to feed a magazine, while a magazine or a belt is used to load cartridges into the chamber of a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by EghtySx View Post
    A clip is a device that is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine of a repeating firearm. This speeds up the process of loading the firearm as several rounds can be loaded at once, rather than one round being loaded at a time. Several different types of clips exist, most of which are made of inexpensive metal stampings that are designed to be disposable, though they are often re-used.

The term clip is commonly but erroneously used to describe a firearm magazine. A clip is used to feed a magazine, while a magazine or a belt is used to load cartridges into the chamber of a firearm.
    You----><---everyone

good nite im tired

This gives a detailed explanation which is SURE to satisfy Mr. 86:

http://www.thegunzone.com/clips-mags.html

There are stripper clips, moon and half-moon clips, and en bloc clips. Many people use the term clip in place of magazine and it is really no big deal. As a gunsmith, it is just sort of a pet peeve of mine. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers.

So a bandalero wearing that six foot long string of cartridges around his shoulder...that's a clip?

that was nice of you sorry if i was an Ass LOL
    good nite boyz
    see ya tomorrow

Honestly, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry I started an arguement. We should try to educate where we can I guess but I could have handled that better.

Quote Originally Posted by scibble View Post
    So a bandalero wearing that six foot long string of cartridges around his shoulder...that's a clip?
    86? Mr. Smart?

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    I have a few but only shoot once in a blue moon.

9mm 92Fs
    40 cal Px storm
    u22
    12g
    7mm sako rifle

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    wouldnt you rather a 308 for pigs, why a hand gun?
    My deer rifle is a 30-06, and I shoot them with it when I see them from the deer stand.

I guess I should add that I am a gun enthusiast (NOT expert), and I hae just really always wanted one. I think its one bad mother, I love the way it looks, so there is a bit of the novelty aspect in just about all of these types of things, even the Deagle. Hell, maybe especially the Deagle.

But I do agree with you about the 308, I have no problem with that rifle at all. Hope to have one some day.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    i don't have any, but i've shot a few. fav was either my friends .44 mag (a lil clint eastwood lol) or his brothers 9mm. his bro is in the army so he got a pretty nice one.

i would probably get a glock if i ever got one. can't really go wrong with most glocks

Yeah I have got a Glock 17 already, and a Beretta .40, so its time step it up.

Thread Information