J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

I don't know why I did not think of this before!!

I don’t know why I did not think of this before!!

I own a Roofing & Siding company, and honestly in my area, and line of work, the phone books are still belive it or not probably the best way to generate leads.

When I started the company, I was not thinking too far ahead, and started the company name with an “X”.

Regaurless of how much I spend on ads in the yellow pages, I’m still on the 2nd or last page when it comes to listing the numbers. There are so many adds in the book that people just look past them IMO. There is no way to really make your ad POP out.

My uncle has a construction business then. He uses his name, “Chris XXXXX LLC”. I spend about 3 times as much money as he does advertising in the yellow book, and a few times he’s been over booked and referred me and the leads came from a phone book!

I can’t exactly change my name, I’m one of the biggest local companies and have established a good name and good customer base.
    What I can do…..is make ANOTHER company. My current company is a “Roofing & Siding” company. So I was thinking just start a “Construction” company too. I’ll do it all legit, DBA, bank accounts, it’s actually pretty cheap. I’ll have the company name start with an “A” and it’s at the top of the list then! I just have to have 2 phone lines….big deal.

If customers ask, not a biggie, I just own 2 different companies and advertise them both. I can get a bold line at the top of the yellow page for $78. I currently spend about 9k on each add for my company “X”.
    An additional line is pretty cheap, hell I could get 2-3 and setup 2-3 companies! That might be kind of shady, but hey this is business not monopoly!

P.S. I cheat at monopoly too btw

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Cheaters win. Welcome to capitalism.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    welcome to the real world

awesome to hear ppl making the most of it

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i'd kick your ASS at monopoly.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    This would be why there are companies called "ABC xxxxx" in every single line of work.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    why not just buy a full page add
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    every 4 months or so someone drops a new phone book on my front steps. There are like 3 different yellow page books out there. Yellow book, Local book, SNET. Everytime one shows up I kick it off my front steps into the bushes. I think there is a pretty good pile of them inside that bush by now.

XD40 is offline Senior Member
    Gotta do wat ya gotta do brah! anything that gives you that "edge" hint hint wink wink is worth doing!

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    why not just buy a full page add
    I have the biggest ad already.

But some people don't look at the ads, they look at the "HEADING" for "Roofing" and just scroll down and start calling numbers.

And for some reason, when ever I play Monopoly, there are only a few $500 bills in the bank when we start..... (they are in my sock!)

J431S is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    every 4 months or so someone drops a new phone book on my front steps. There are like 3 different yellow page books out there. Yellow book, Local book, SNET. Everytime one shows up I kick it off my front steps into the bushes. I think there is a pretty good pile of them inside that bush by now.

LOOOOOOOOOOL @ kratos...I know exactly how u feel. i feel the same way and I don't have time for that crap

Thread Information