Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 47
  1. #1
    rich1234's Avatar
    rich1234 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    294

    What dog should i get???

    I was thinking boxer... I've had one before and it was like a best friend lol miss him like hell!




    Feel free to post pics of your current dogs!

  2. #2
    Zipper's Avatar
    Zipper is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    278
    I love labs. would never own anything but a lab. i presently have a 6 month yellow.

  3. #3
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    i like labs and goldens alot..also had a pit that was a hell of a dog too. She was the kindest , most loyal dog i ever owned. Boxers are cool....english bulldogs are cool too. When u see the right one...youll know imo....

  4. #4
    VeraDeMilo's Avatar
    VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    500
    I'm partial to pit bulls. If you raise them right from when they are small puppies, they are the most loyal, intelligent and affectionate dogs in my opinion.

  5. #5
    G-1000's Avatar
    G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,426
    Blog Entries
    1
    Labs are good all around dogs. I have a 2 year old beagle that i love to death. I like hounds and sporting dogs best. I would love to get an American bulldog. But i think my beagle will kick its ass.

    This sight has a shit load of info and can help you get the right dog for you.


    http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/search.htm

  6. #6
    Ernst's Avatar
    Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    18,554
    Dalmatian. Cute and spotty.. landlords like them, chicks love them. Also vicious and protective when uninvited company arrives.

  7. #7
    Matt's Avatar
    Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    31,195
    Blog Entries
    1
    I would suggest a tin of dog fish, you dont have to walk it, nor feed it. No vet bills, and if it plays up just threaten it with a tin opener..

  8. #8
    run_n_fool is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The 7th Circle of Hell
    Posts
    464
    I think it depends a lot on what you want to use the dog for, how often you are gone from the house, how often you can exercise it, etc.

    I have two beagles. You'd swear they were bodybuilders because they will eat everything in sight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What dog should i get???-dogs.jpg  

  9. #9
    xlxBigSexyxlx's Avatar
    xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,966
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rottweiler or South African Boerboel

  10. #10
    J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    3,723
    Look into Renascence Bulldogges,

    I was looking for a dog for 2 years until I found this breed.

    Think of mixing a pitbull and a bulldog, and that's what you get.


    My little guy is 14 months old now. He's 19" tall and 84lbs.

    He's athletic like a pitbull, but shorter in stature, butn ot as short as a English Bulldog.

    He's honestly the most impressive dog I've seen. Built like a little mold of muscle, huge head.

    I took him to school and he drew the most attention of any dog there. everyone wanted my breeders name. He was also one of the most obident dogs.

    Just the perfect dog for me, he loves attention, loves kids, plays with my cats. Not to mention he's a chick magnet.

  11. #11
    G-1000's Avatar
    G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,426
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by run_n_fool View Post
    I think it depends a lot on what you want to use the dog for, how often you are gone from the house, how often you can exercise it, etc.

    I have two beagles. You'd swear they were bodybuilders because they will eat everything in sight.
    Tell me about it.

    Both toys were new that same day. She destroys her toys like a pit would.

  12. #12
    Deltasaurus's Avatar
    Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tryin to get Abs
    Posts
    3,353
    I like Pitbulls but also i like lap dogs really my next dog is going to be a lap dog
    Here a picture of me and roman around last X-mass he's a pit he was about 8 months old hereWhat dog should i get???-rome.jpg

  13. #13
    G-1000's Avatar
    G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,426
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by run_n_fool View Post
    I think it depends a lot on what you want to use the dog for, how often you are gone from the house, how often you can exercise it, etc.

    I have two beagles. You'd swear they were bodybuilders because they will eat everything in sight.
    Your 2 beagles are really nice. Its hard to find nice ones that are not fat. Looks liek you keep them in good shape.

  14. #14
    G-1000's Avatar
    G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,426
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    I like Pitbulls but also i like lap dogs really my next dog is going to be a lap dog
    Here a picture of me and roman around last X-mass he's a pit he was about 8 months old hereClick image for larger version. 

Name:	rome.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	96124
    Hahaha he is cute. My beagle would have ate the glasses and deer antlers.

  15. #15
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,054
    I got a half Boxer/half Pit, she's 3 in this pic from Christmas and loves her.




  16. #16
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor - Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,951
    Blog Entries
    1

  17. #17
    VeraDeMilo's Avatar
    VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    Look into Renascence Bulldogges,

    I was looking for a dog for 2 years until I found this breed.

    Think of mixing a pitbull and a bulldog, and that's what you get.


    My little guy is 14 months old now. He's 19" tall and 84lbs.

    He's athletic like a pitbull, but shorter in stature, butn ot as short as a English Bulldog.

    He's honestly the most impressive dog I've seen. Built like a little mold of muscle, huge head.

    I took him to school and he drew the most attention of any dog there. everyone wanted my breeders name. He was also one of the most obident dogs.

    Just the perfect dog for me, he loves attention, loves kids, plays with my cats. Not to mention he's a chick magnet.
    J-Dogg, do you have any pictures of him you can post. I've never heard of that type but it sounds sweet.

  18. #18
    G-1000's Avatar
    G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,426
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Ok Ok we already know what your boyfriend looks like.


    If your going to post a pic, show us your dog.

  19. #19
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor - Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,951
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by G-1000 View Post
    Ok Ok we already know what your boyfriend looks like.


    If your going to post a pic, show us your dog.
    My dog will eat yours for breakfast.


  20. #20
    Deltasaurus's Avatar
    Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tryin to get Abs
    Posts
    3,353
    DSM thats a sweet ass dog

  21. #21
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor - Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,951
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    DSM thats a sweet ass dog
    Thank you .


    Him as a pup




  22. #22
    run_n_fool is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The 7th Circle of Hell
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by G-1000 View Post
    Your 2 beagles are really nice. Its hard to find nice ones that are not fat. Looks liek you keep them in good shape.
    That is funny b/c it is the first thing I thought of when I saw your dog's pic is that it looked fit.

    The vet told us pretty early that beagles are a breed of dog that literally will eat all the food you give it until it is physically unable to hold more food. I guess that is why there are so many fat beagles. We are pretty careful not to over feed them and that helps, and not to give them table food. We also walk them pretty regularly when the weather is warmer and we have a decent sized yard with an Invisible Fence that they like to roam.

    The dog with the big bone in it's mouth is a female and she likes to beat the snot out of the male dog. It is pretty funny sometimes.

  23. #23
    G-1000's Avatar
    G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,426
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    My dog will eat yours for breakfast.

    Hehe he would not even have a chance. My little bitch was trained how to fight by the best. She grow up playing with a pit boxer and 2 german shepherds. Besides that i also do bite work with her. You want to laugh your ass off?? You need to see a 25 pound beagle hit a bite sleeve..

    Besides my dog would not beet up a dog wearing a t-shirt. All most like hitting a guy with glasses i guess.

  24. #24
    G-1000's Avatar
    G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,426
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by run_n_fool View Post
    That is funny b/c it is the first thing I thought of when I saw your dog's pic is that it looked fit.

    The vet told us pretty early that beagles are a breed of dog that literally will eat all the food you give it until it is physically unable to hold more food. I guess that is why there are so many fat beagles. We are pretty careful not to over feed them and that helps, and not to give them table food. We also walk them pretty regularly when the weather is warmer and we have a decent sized yard with an Invisible Fence that they like to roam.

    The dog with the big bone in it's mouth is a female and she likes to beat the snot out of the male dog. It is pretty funny sometimes.
    People say that about the beagles eating a lot. Mine dont do that, she only eats what i give her. I also dont give any table food at all. My wife tends to give her meet or chicken once in a while. piss me off.

    People like DMS are funny. They dont know much about hound dogs. Look at his silly comment. His dog can eat mine hahah.

    For those of you who have never owned a hound dog none the less a beagle you have no clue how tough they are.
    Yes its true a pit could **** one up. But pound for pound there is nothing tougher then a hound dog. Not even a australian cattle dog.

  25. #25
    run_n_fool is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The 7th Circle of Hell
    Posts
    464
    Yeah, I think it is about discipline in how much food you give a beagle. They are very athletic dogs for sure. Pretty smart, but also pretty stubborn.

  26. #26
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor - Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,951
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by G-1000 View Post
    Hehe he would not even have a chance. My little bitch was trained how to fight by the best. She grow up playing with a pit boxer and 2 german shepherds. Besides that i also do bite work with her. You want to laugh your ass off?? You need to see a 25 pound beagle hit a bite sleeve..

    Besides my dog would not beet up a dog wearing a t-shirt. All most like hitting a guy with glasses i guess.
    He is supporting his home team.

  27. #27
    G-1000's Avatar
    G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,426
    Blog Entries
    1
    I agree with the food. Also what your feeding makes a huge diff as well.

    Your right on the stubborn part also. That is why hound dogs are so hard to train and deal with. They only what to do what they feel like doing and that there nose approves of.

    I have owed a lot of dogs in my past and this one is the hardest. But she also has the most personality as well.

  28. #28
    J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    3,723
    Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post
    J-Dogg, do you have any pictures of him you can post. I've never heard of that type but it sounds sweet.
    I don't know how to upload pictures, lol.

    He is a awsome looking dog though. If you like pitbulls or bulldogs, it's a step up IMO.

    He has all the good qualities of each.

    take a pitbull, cut off 6-10 inches, add 30lbs, put on bigger head and a wider mouth.

    Google "Gargoyle Bulldogges"

  29. #29
    run_n_fool is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The 7th Circle of Hell
    Posts
    464
    Click on post reply and on the bottom there is a button that say "manage attachments". Click that and you can upload your pictures

  30. #30
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    I don't know how to upload pictures, lol.

    He is a awsome looking dog though. If you like pitbulls or bulldogs, it's a step up IMO.

    He has all the good qualities of each.

    take a pitbull, cut off 6-10 inches, add 30lbs, put on bigger head and a wider mouth.

    Google "Gargoyle Bulldogges"
    Those things look like the bodybuilders of dogs!



    http://gargoylebulldogs.com/GARGOY~1/Page_1x.html

  31. #31
    inky-e's Avatar
    inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    the three oh!
    Posts
    13,329
    I have a male Rottweiler..........he's a drug sniffing dog...............I'm trying to get him into rehab! lol

  32. #32
    G-1000's Avatar
    G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,426
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    I have a male Rottweiler..........he's a drug sniffing dog...............I'm trying to get him into rehab! lol

  33. #33
    rich1234's Avatar
    rich1234 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    I have a male Rottweiler..........he's a drug sniffing dog...............I'm trying to get him into rehab! lol
    lol...

  34. #34
    J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    3,723
    All my pictures are too large of files? This is his granpa (Hugo) though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What dog should i get???-imag0009.jpg  

  35. #35
    G-1000's Avatar
    G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,426
    Blog Entries
    1
    This is my kind of dog.


  36. #36
    G-1000's Avatar
    G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,426
    Blog Entries
    1

  37. #37
    G-1000's Avatar
    G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,426
    Blog Entries
    1

  38. #38
    G-1000's Avatar
    G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,426
    Blog Entries
    1

  39. #39
    J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    3,723
    Quote Originally Posted by G-1000 View Post
    This is my kind of dog.

    lol, I've always liked Doberman Pinchers too. They are just noble looking, sleek tall and lean.

  40. #40
    G-1000's Avatar
    G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,426
    Blog Entries
    1







Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •