Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    This orginally was going to be a useless rant but I turned it into something that would be more useful.

Questions:

What do you do for a living? (please list a few sentences about it)

How long have you been doing it for?

Do you really, genuinely, and TRULEY like your job/career? (please be honest -don't talk yourself into liking it right now if in reality you can't stand it)

How much do you make a year? (optional)

And lastly, in an ideal situation (even if it can't happen) is there another "dream job" you'd take over your current one, and what would it be?

Thanks! - Bo
    1. I'm a full-time student and business owner. I run a fitness consulting company. I work with athletes online, as well as athletes in the one-on-one capacity. My main client is a local modeling agency... I'm their exclusive consultant. I have to teach people how to walk, and give mini seminars to groups of models as requested. My online business, my website, mainly deals with online consultations... I provide VIP feedback forums and services on my website. This year we're going into product development.

2. Just under 5 years... I only registered my business name as an official entity two years ago though.

3. I used to. Now it's more like 'work'-work

So much damned paperwork

4. I couldn't feasibly say to be honest... I only report a certain amount.

5. Music is my first love... I do gigs on the side, but ideally I wish i could play and sing full time.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    hey nark

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Hey buddy... Long time no see!

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    This orginally was going to be a useless rant but I turned it into something that would be more useful.

Questions:

What do you do for a living? (please list a few sentences about it)im a warehouse manager for an automotive restyler. we handle the installations for new car dealerships of sunroofs, leather interiors, and chrome accessories. we have an online store for chrome items and thats what i oversee. the pick, pack and shipping of said items

How long have you been doing it for?since i got out of jail, uh april of 2007

Do you really, genuinely, and TRULEY like your job/career? (please be honest -don't talk yourself into liking it right now if in reality you can't stand it)its cool. but its not something i want to do forever. i work with awesome ppl. i get to whore on this site all day. but due to the economy being retarded. business is slow and inturn we close alot of our other shops and we had to all take a drastic pay cut in order to keep the company afloat.

How much do you make a year? (optional)definitly not enough to live off of right now. i can barely afford food for my bulking diet. let alone gear or a decent car

And lastly, in an ideal situation (even if it can't happen) is there another "dream job" you'd take over your current one, and what would it be?theres really nothing that strikes my fancy that i want to do. maybe a highschool gym teacher... hmm. high school girls.

Thanks! - Bo

iceyash is offline Female Member
    What do you do for a living?
    I'm a full-time nursing student and part time "scribe".. i work with the doctors in the ER and type their charts for them and get the results of diagnostic tests..

school-I'm a junior, I'll get my bachelors of science in nursing next may woopwoop!
    work-1 year

15$ an hour.. I don't mind it though.. i love my job it's sooo interesting and easy, i would probably do it for free haha I'm sucha nerd

And lastly, in an ideal situation (even if it can't happen) is there another "dream job" you'd take over your current one, and what would it be?
    welll.... I'm going to be a nurse practitioner... and then I would love to work in a plastic surgery clinic afterwards!!

alex18 is offline Member
    1. Food Importer
    2. 2 years
    3. Love it
    4. $150K base
    5. Wouldnt change my job but i would like to take my business from small scale to large scale...current turnover ca. $4m with 4 employees.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!

Questions:

Do you really, genuinely, and TRULEY like your job/career? (please be honest -don't talk yourself into liking it right now if in reality you can't stand it)

Thanks! - Bo
    1- mlm / home base business, requires sales, recruiting, business development, public speaking

2- three years

3- love it!!! i work 15 hours a week, travel, and the company is preparing to give me a new bmw...i LOVE CARS and next??? a bentley(Flying Spur maybe a GT)

4- bout 80k, 2500 a month residual

5- i would go back to school for chiro, or nursing or something... i train a few people now in the gym just for fun... pro cyclist(pedal bike)mountain biking and or time trialing... mma fighter would be fun as well

...nothing would take over what i have now, the residuals are way to valuable
    Last edited by amcon; 01-19-2009 at 12:14 PM.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    o btw ... if any one is in Vegas or southern cali & central fl area i am expanding into those areas... just fyi

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I work for the federal government in construction management. I've been here going on 21 years. Salary is not what I think it should be, but I make a comfortable living. I enjoy my job to a point, as in I don't dread going to work and there is a great feeling of accomplishment associated, but I don't like it so much that I would do it even if they didn't pay me. My hobby is tinkering with hotrod cars and bikes, and I plan to open my own shop and let that carry me into my twilight years, that will be my equivalent of a dream job.
    ditto i'll add that too... hot rod shop - love cars!!!!

TTexas is offline Associate Member

Questions:

Thanks! - Bo

1. Im a CVICU RN. It pretty much what u would expect. I deal with pretty much fat asses who didnt take care of themselves. I mean seriously, u knew what u were doing when u were eating 3 large pizzas a night for 20 years!

2. Ive been a RN for about 2 years but was a LVN/LPN before that for a 2 years. Marines before that.

3. Yes, I do like it. It has its times, sadly I admit that I pretty much fell into it following girls and I thought that would be the best part. WRONG, working with females is awful! U would never believe the back stabbing and shit talking those bitches do! Its funny once u finally get use to it. I really do also enjoy helping those who need it.

4. I make about 70k, I could make more if I worked more or moved to a different location, and I may end up doing so.

5. My dream job would be to run a sweat shop in thailand. Gotta shoot for the moon ya know!
    Last edited by TTexas; 02-02-2009 at 09:44 PM.

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    Bo, ya gots ta go the whole nine yards...

PhD or bust!!!!! make it happen

run_n_fool is offline Associate Member
    I work in finance, and my job title does not really reflect what I do, but if I had to call myself something it would be a financial analyst. I work in a niche industry so my pay represents industry knowledge as much as any financial acumen. I like my job b/c the industry is very fast moving and my job duties are quite varied.

I've been doing this job for 4 years but in the industry 8.

I make north of 100k and part of my pay is performance related / bonus so if it is a bad year for me or the biz I loose some $ as well

If I could be doing something else for pay I'd probably be restoring and resto-modding vintage muscle cars, but I actually do like my current job.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Part Owner in a gym and personal trainer...pretty much self explanitory....before that I used to build Hi Performance Harley Davidson engines.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by scibble View Post
    Bo, ya gots ta go the whole nine yards...

PhD or bust!!!!! make it happen
    that's what i'm talking bout right there^^^^^

Questions:

I'm a full time student majoring in Biology, Biochemistry, and Physics with a Chemistry Minor, I'm going for a Ph.D and an M.D. in Nuclear Radiology and Quantum Mechanics or Chemical Engineering

This is my first year in college

Hard to say, i'm going to get to shadow some Physicians in my selected professions soon so i''ll see
    i don't know what the exact salary is for those two professions, but i'm going to merge them and work in a new branch of nuclear medicine that focuses on the treatment of diseases with radioactive isotopes and the advancement of preventative medicine
    hopefully this
    Thanks! - Bo

bold

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    Correctional officer
    Been doing it about 2 years
    Make about 50 a year

Do I like my job? Sometimes, its good days and its bad ones.

I would much rather being doing something else with my life beside hanging out with
    CHI-MOs and murders

Vincent is offline Associate Member
    What do you do for a living? Employer: (Self Employed)
    Position : BATMAN

How long have you been doing it for? 20 years

Do you really, genuinely, and TRULEY like your job/career? Yes. I do I swing from the rooftops at night and render judgement to the wicked.

How much do you make a year? Classified

And lastly, in an ideal situation (even if it can't happen) is there another "dream job" you'd take over your current one, and what would it be? To be the Joker

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

Questions:

What do you do for a living? (please list a few sentences about it)I'm an account manager for a high end delivery company. And I'm spinning off of that a fitness equipment store and website

How long have you been doing it for? I've been in fitness retail for about 8 years

Do you really, genuinely, and TRULEY like your job/career? (please be honest -don't talk yourself into liking it right now if in reality you can't stand it) i like sales and im good at it. Now my good friend owns the company and is backing my fitness endeavor

How much do you make a year? (optional) made 75k last year. Hoping for 100+ this year with alot of hustling

I would like to own a lounge some day
    Thanks! - Bo
    i put mine in bold

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    o btw ... if any one is in Vegas or southern cali & central fl area i am expanding into those areas... just fyi
    Really? I despiseeeeeeeee MLM with a very strong passion...I'm happy for you that you are actually able to make a real living in it. I just get so annoyed when friends try to talk to me about their new "opportunity" and its usually a load of bullshit. The worst are the people who sell PrePaid Legal, someone drug me to one of their seminars before and it looked like a cult meeting. People reciting all sorts of "motivational" quotes, and storys of people making millions a year, when most of the people in attendance who were "Associates" didn't have a fricking pot to piss in and lost more money then they made doing it...

What has your experience been like?

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    that's what i'm talking bout right there^^^^^

Phate...what is your actual undergradate major going to be? Surely you're not triple majoring in Biology, Biochemistry, and Physics...and if you are good luck...

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    What do you do for a living? I figure out where it started and what caused it to start. Also owned my own nutrition store for 10 years, sold in 2006.

How long have you been doing it for? 18 years

Do you really, genuinely, and TRULEY like your job/career? Love it, very challenging.

How much do you make a year? Well into 6 figures.

And lastly, in an ideal situation (even if it can't happen) is there another "dream job" you'd take over your current one, and what would it be? Professional Golfer.

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Phate...what is your actual undergradate major going to be? Surely you're not triple majoring in Biology, Biochemistry, and Physics...and if you are good luck...
    i am, and thanks for the luck, i'll need it, lol, i'm taking a break this semester though, i took 21 or 22 hours last semester i think, and this semester i'm getting a job so i'm cutting those down to 14 for now, probably up it to 18 in a week or so

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    i am, and thanks for the luck, i'll need it, lol, i'm taking a break this semester though, i took 21 or 22 hours last semester i think, and this semester i'm getting a job so i'm cutting those down to 14 for now, probably up it to 18 in a week or so
    You dont need all those majors to get into either field pick biology and you will get more biochem and physics than you want. If your going to do PhD, it would be much better to get into a research lab and be a lab rat. If your going to be and MD, then you need to get your ass into volunteer work and work as a scrub tech or something like that at a hospital. You need all that more than degrees, you need contacts and letters of Rec's to solidify your applications.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    You dont need all those majors to get into either field pick biology and you will get more biochem and physics than you want. If your going to do PhD, it would be much better to get into a research lab and be a lab rat. If your going to be and MD, then you need to get your ass into volunteer work and work as a scrub tech or something like that at a hospital. You need all that more than degrees, you need contacts and letters of Rec's to solidify your applications.
    good points, i'll talk with my professors about that, and i volunteer at the hospital here, my mom is the head OT luckily and i'll work on the lab rat thing

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    phate you are a crazy man... what school are you at now? 22 credits in a semester is a lot, i would like to get mine out of the way but between working and soccer i would be up 24hrs a day...

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    phate you are a crazy man... what school are you at now? 22 credits in a semester is a lot, i would like to get mine out of the way but between working and soccer i would be up 24hrs a day...
    I took 22 credits last semester and finished with a 3.9, it was not that bad...

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    What do you do for a living? Work in the medical arena

How long have you been doing it for? 21 yrs

Do you really, genuinely, and TRULEY like your job/career? No-pts can be a PITA
    How much do you make a year? >130K

And lastly, in an ideal situation (even if it can't happen) is there another "dream job" you'd take over your current one, and what would it be? no- the more I think about it the is really no dream job

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    What do you do for a living?

Professional Student...in that I'm a grad student who is staying in school as long as possible so I can continue to live off of my rich mother.

About 6 1/2 years now

Do you really, genuinely, and TRULEY like your job/career?

Yes!

How much do you make a year?

Eh...well I don't have to pay for my car, car ins, cell phone, etc....so not including all that stuff, maybe $20k a year

No...I hate working...love learning, so this is perfect for me!

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    1- mlm / home base business, requires sales, recruiting, business development, public speaking

2- three years

3- love it!!! i work 15 hours a week, travel, and the company is preparing to give me a new bmw...i LOVE CARS and next??? a bentley(Flying Spur maybe a GT)

4- bout 80k, 2500 a month residual

5- i would go back to school for chiro, or nursing or something... i train a few people now in the gym just for fun... pro cyclist(pedal bike)mountain biking and or time trialing... mma fighter would be fun as well

...nothing would take over what i have now, the residuals are way to valuable
    You only work 15 hours a week? That's what I call a dream job!

Quote Originally Posted by THE_DOME View Post
    Correctional officer
    Been doing it about 2 years
    Make about 50 a year

Do I like my job? Sometimes, its good days and its bad ones.

I would much rather being doing something else with my life beside hanging out with
    CHI-MOs and murders
    Have you seen Oz? Since I get all my info about jails from HBO, I'd be deathly scared of being a CO!

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post

4. $400K a year on average
    Work harder and make 100,000 more so you can say "I make half a mill."

Any drug dealers here? I'd love know your answers to these questions, lol.

Questions:

Thanks! - Bo
    1. Medical student...plan on doing PMR (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation) coupled with an interventional spine fellowship, God-Willing.
    2. Will apply for residency in fall, God-Willing.
    3. I tolerate it. I do not however have a passion for it like most others in the field. (Hopefully residency directors won't be reading this site.)
    4. I make in negative dollars.
    5. Caliph of the Muslim world. If not that, then Grand Mufti would do. If not that, then Mufti. If not that, then at least a full-time student of knowledge who doesn't have to worry about secular education.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    I am a year away from writing my CGA (certified general accountant) exam. I make about $20k a year working at Ford part time and just started a small retail electronics business. all this while getting the best marks in my classes. Im 22, and im living the ****ing dream. cheers.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    How are you guys getting 22 credit hours a semester? 1 course = 3 credit hours... even so, thats 7 classes.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    I've been trying to figure that out myself since I first heard it.

There was actually this episode of Judge Judy last week where some college kid said he was taking 18 credits and was at school monday through Friday from 8am-8pm and he said his weekends were spent studying so he couldn't work even a part time job.

I don't remember what she said but if you ever watch her she just has this real slick way of owning the shit out of people, made him look like the biggest fool in the world. I remember I worked with a kid who said he actually did 22 hours and worked "full time" straight for 2 years.
    The only reason I don't think he was lying was because 2 years after he graduated he swallowed a bottle of (not even sure what it was, just know some strong prescription pills) and died.
    He was a really smart kid though, but theres no way in hell anyones pulling that shit off suicide or not, but if he was it would explain a lot lol.

Currently IT (for the next 8 days woo) but finishing my cert IV in fitness (personal training) this year.

18 months

Hate it which is why im doin my pt course and quittin my job

lol 25000 last yr - Im a trainee

Own a chain of gyms or ... be.. a MOVIE STAR!! lol ( in the porn industry of course)

do any blokes here do website design i need a hand wif somethin

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolictonic View Post
    do any blokes here do website design i need a hand wif somethin
    yeh, I don't major in it but I just put this one up today, http://www.icece.net/

mind you its still completely under construction, nothing is operable beyond the index but let me know what you're trying to do and I may or may not be able to help.
    oh and that url is being transfered to fruity-tutty.com in another day so it won't be there tommorow.

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    I am a year away from writing my CGA (certified general accountant) exam. I make about $20k a year working at Ford part time and just started a small retail electronics business. all this while getting the best marks in my classes. Im 22, and im living the ****ing dream. cheers.
    Who is that in your avatar? I thought it was you. But he don't look 22.

anyone here also ever working in a casino?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information