Bojangles69 is offline Banned

Ok so anyway, some people obviously don't care but..

Its been exactly one year since Heath Ledger died.
    Rather than me trying to make this an "omg I love him thread" it was more an "omg time goes by fast as shit" thread.

Just for fvcks sake this is what he died on"
    the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine.

Thats:
    percocet, vicodin, valium, restoril, xanax, and an OTC antihistamine sleeping pill formulation.

I mean COME ON, its been a year, how the fvck do you still call this an "accident"? Everyone was saying an accidental occurence from abusing prescription pills.
    But wait! All of these were prescribed for insomnia? YES INSOMNIA? Vicodin, any idiot knows vicodin does shit for sleep, its a pain killer, just like percs, accident my ass..

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    his dr was probally script happy.....

sounds like he had issues inside....shitty loss, but that's no accident....

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Some times the people that seem to have the perfect life, have the most difficulties.

Reminds me of the song by Britney Spears: Lucky

Isn't she so lucky! she's a star! But she cries cries cries in her lonley heart!

Think if there's nothing, missing in my life .....then why do these feelings come at night!

Britney ftw

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    wow thats an impressive OD. pk's might help you sleep just because you get so zoned out, adding that with sleep meds might give you a nice KO.

j dogg, that might be true, and people always say money doesn't make you happy, but give me that much money and i'm pretty sure i'll be happy

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post

Think if there's nothing, missing in my life .....then why do these feelings come at night!

Britney ftw
    Why cant somebody go "script happy" on her ass?

I mean seriously, this should validate at least 1000mg of morphine and 4000mg phenobarbital..

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    wow thats an impressive OD. pk's might help you sleep just because you get so zoned out, adding that with sleep meds might give you a nice KO.

j dogg, that might be true, and people always say money doesn't make you happy, but give me that much money and i'm pretty sure i'll be happy
    I duno bro,

the year after i made the most money was the worse of my life. made more than I ever thought I would. Lost some things that turned out were more important than the money.

I think it takes balance and we all have to learn what balances best for us.

I work my ass off man, long and hard hours non stop. But I'm really simple, I don't require lavish things but I like them paid for.

Money is not as important to me as it once was.

Yeh maybe the real problem is he was TOO HAPPY?
    See no one thinks about that side of things.

If I was getting what he was + the money Id prob think I could fly off a building or 2. But than people wouldn't call that "accidental" of course.

And ftr everyone knows money buys happiness.

Its the best SSRI available. =]

haha yes, agreed.

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    a lot of that stuff you mentioned that he OD'd on is available off the street, particularly a guy with connections and money, he could get it all without scripts. Don't know myself what happened, just saying that's how a lot of peeps get those drugs.

I duno bro,

the year after i made the most money was the worse of my life. made more than I ever thought I would. Lost some things that turned out were more important than the money.

I work my ass off man, long and hard hours non stop. But I'm really simple, I don't require lavish things but I like them paid for.

no offense, but i don't think you are really in the same tax bracket as heath ledger. i'm not talking about going from 200k to 250k, i'm talking 20-25 millies. the lifestyles between those two incomes would be slightly different. one is nice, but the latter is never needing to worry about money, and money spawns most problems in life

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    Its been exactly one year since Heath Ledger died.
    Rather than me trying to make this an "omg I love him thread" it was more an "omg time goes by fast as shit" thread.

Just for fvcks sake this is what he died on"
    the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine.

Thats:
    percocet, vicodin, valium, restoril, xanax, and an OTC antihistamine sleeping pill formulation.

I mean COME ON, its been a year, how the fvck do you still call this an "accident"? Everyone was saying an accidental occurence from abusing prescription pills.
    But wait! All of these were prescribed for insomnia? YES INSOMNIA? Vicodin, any idiot knows vicodin does shit for sleep, its a pain killer, just like percs, accident my ass..
    Some has a crush ....

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    and people always say money doesn't make you happy, but give me that much money and i'm pretty sure i'll be happy
    They are correct, more money does not = more happiness. After you get past the point where you can survive and provide adequately for your family you will not continue to get happier, that 1000" plasma will not continue to make you a happier person.

It was the Joker that got him!

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden708 View Post
    They are correct, more money does not = more happiness. After you get past the point where you can survive and provide adequately for your family you will not continue to get happier, that 1000" plasma will not continue to make you a happier person.

It was the Joker that got him!
    TRY ME. i could find enjoyment with being able to fly anywhere in the world at my whim, test driving new cars every week, doing whatever i want. maybe between 1 billion and 100 billion you don't get any happier, but from 10 million to 100 million i would feel a lot better

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    "they say that money isnt everything .......but id like to see you live without it."
    Silverchair Song lyric

and to a point i agree, but in some cases (most) money cannot heal a wounded or tortured soul.......

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    That wasn't an accident for sure, he was smart enough to know that he couldn't live through taking all of that, and I'm sure he didn't take just one of everything either.

TRY ME. i could find enjoyment with being able to fly anywhere in the world at my whim, test driving new cars every week, doing whatever i want. maybe between 1 billion and 100 billion you don't get any happier, but from 10 million to 100 million i would feel a lot better
    You may have all the lavish things you want, but you will sencond guess all your "friends" and significant other.

People will want to be your friend, but what for?

Another big part of it is, you still can't do what you want. you are not retired, you still have a boss, movies to shoot/work.

I know when I got to the point I had what I needed and most of what I wanted, i quit feeling like working so hard. It seemed pointless to work that hard just to have a bigger number on my bank statment.

i still do work a lot, but I could do it more if i wanted to make more.

That's why most rich people...filthy rich have to LoVE what they do. you can't work hard just for the money, because eventually you don't NEED the money. You have to enjoy doing what you do, and the money just comes along with it.

Once i start a family, I'm sure I'll have more drive for money, cause I'll have to provide. For now, My dog eats 2 bags of food a day. I eat $80 in groceries, everything else is paid for.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    After you get all that money I hope your set to become a paranoid mess. People sending you letters begging for money, death threats, friends who arn't really friends, ruined family relationships.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Some times the people that seem to have the perfect life, have the most difficulties.

Reminds me of the song by Britney Spears: Lucky

Isn't she so lucky! she's a star! But she cries cries cries in her lonley heart!

Britney ftw
    you listen to britney spears?

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Who the fukk cares??.....I sure don't.......just another dead self endulgent Hollywood asshole.

Blog Entries
    I duno bro,

im with you on the money philosophy.a few years back i owned my own buissnes and made alot of money.unfortunatly i wasnt very responsible in taking care of things at home with my family.i worked very hard 7 days a week for 6 years no vacations, nothing. i was obsessed with making money.becuse of it i developed a drug habit and almost lost my wife.long story short i decided after some sole surching that my wife and daughter were the most important thing in my life and i sold my biz.i now make less $ but ive never been happier.my wife and i grew closer and i love her more now than i ever did before.oh yea and i am drug free and addicted to bodybuilding.i actualy owe most of my succses to it for it has given me freedom,disiplin and confidence to continue to make wise choices. i guess the point im making is that in the end you need to be happy.

southmadejd is offline Member
    So far Britney and Silverchair have been quoted in this thread...amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Some has a crush ....
    No well if you read about his life he actually seemed like a really good guy, not your typical hollywood actor.
    He also made lots of scarifices graduating highschool when we was 16 to persue his acting career with friends than all together leaving australia, his family and everyone he knew.

I think he may have actually been a down to earth guy surrounded by a world of fake people, I think thats why he eventually turned to drugs, he realized he had the money and the fame but that everyone he was friends with was born into acting, and handed everything on a silver platter.

That would just be my diagnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    Who the fukk cares??.....I sure don't.......just another dead self endulgent Hollywood asshole.
    he wasn't from hollywood, and you'd go there to if you knew a 63 million dollar paycheck depended on it.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Accident!

Back in my dumb days, I knowingly popped a couple, but then that couple turned into an accidental shit load lol.

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    Either way, it was a tragic loss, he was a great actor and the best JOKER so far... JMHO

CMPD213 is offline Associate Member
    "Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it.” David Lee Roth

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Money does buy happiness.

Also the level of happiness plateaus after 150k year at 50% of people saying they are very happy. So money doesn't buy happiness once you are making more than 150k a year.
    Last edited by FallenWyvern; 01-22-2009 at 09:55 PM.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Money might not buy happiness, but I'd like to try being unhappy and rich, rather than just unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild28 View Post
    you listen to britney spears?
    That was funny, pure ownership.

Who the fark listens to britney spears? and is on a steroid forum lol
    just lost about 15 man points for that

And Id rather be rich and not have balls, seriously, at least you can do something with money.. like buy happiness, (according to fallens chart) balls just get itchy.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    alright lets see if money buys happiness. Everyone pitch in with money and just watch me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    Money might not buy happiness, but I'd like to try being unhappy and rich, rather than just unhappy.
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831 View Post
    alright lets see if money buys happiness. Everyone pitch in with money and just watch me smile.
    nope, my idea first! so send it my way first, and if i'm unhappy i'll pass on whats left.

even if you're rich, you can still have real friends. when you go to the country club in malibu, its not like poor people are there just hanging around the rich folk, everyone has money, and won't be trying to get yours. same with poor people, they hang out together, and are friends together, same for middle class people. so, yes, some people might want money, but if you walk around new york city, you'll see a few beggars within the hour and its not really all that much different.

Thread Information