Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kratos is offline I feel accomplished

speeding tickets

So, I got another one today

They suck, I drive a lot and I speed. I drive about 60k miles per year mostly for work. Average person drives like 15.
    Never had an accident, but my insurance is sky high. Now I have to go back to driver retraining again and meet with a psycologist to figure out the root cause of my speeding.
    Life sucks.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kratos View Post

So, i got another one today

They suck, i drive a lot and i speed. I drive about 60k miles per year mostly for work. Average person drives like 15.
    Never had an accident, but my insurance is sky high. Now i have to go back to driver retraining again and meet with a psycologist to figure out the root cause of my speeding.
    Life sucks.
    huh?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    yah? psychologist?

speeding tickets do suck.

I just got one the other day too.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post

They suck, I drive a lot and I speed. I drive about 60k miles per year mostly for work. Average person drives like 15.
    Never had an accident, but my insurance is sky high. Now I have to go back to driver retraining again and meet with a psycologist to figure out the root cause of my speeding.
    Life sucks.
    fight it.....fn cop will not show up.....and if they do you can get it knocked down to careless...will not show up on your insurance,,,,i have got like four in the past couple of years....all are careless.....

XD40 is offline Senior Member
    ^^^ Ohh if he likes a bigger pay check he'll show up..court time pays good baby !

In CT if you get 3 tickets in any 3 year period, you have to go to driver retraining class. They don't teach you how to drive, the class is taught by a psycologist and they try to figure out why you're speeding or driving agressive and find ways to change it. It's stupid and it costs more money out of my pocket and I'm gonna speed again after I go. I've already been 2 x before.

Once you've gone to driving retraining it only takes 1 more ticket to go back until it's been 3 years since your first ticket. It takes 3 years from the date of each ticket for the clock to re-set.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    fight it.....fn cop will not show up.....and if they do you can get it knocked down to careless...will not show up on your insurance,,,,i have got like four in the past couple of years....all are careless.....
    yeah that usually happens. what one of my friends got one for 69 in a 45 (25+ and you can lose your license) and he went to court for it, and they knocked it down to only 5mph over and they asked the cop how much it would be and he goes.... i don't know, i've never given one for only 5 over lol

i've actually never gotten one (which is an amazing thing if you've seen me drive most of the time) but if i do i get dropped from my dads insurance. usually i do 90+ on the highway and like 10 over on small roads. a few times i've gone faster than i'll say on here haha

Quote Originally Posted by XD40 View Post
    ^^^ Ohh if he likes a bigger pay check he'll show up..court time pays good baby !
    now how do you know that

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    now how do you know that
    well thats just what i hear...hahaha

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    Stop speeding mister!

opie308 is offline New Member
    speeding...

My daily driver was a 1971 Mach I. I once passed a deputy sheriff going over 140mph at 3 in the morning ( he was sitting on the other side of the highway with no barrier). he was throwing chunks of sod in the median as he cut across. I pulled over and waited on him....I live in tx and the county I live deputies where cowboy hats... he cam walking up to the car ( which I had turned off when I stopped) I already had my lic and insur ready for him. The first thing he says " Can I ask what you were doing back there?" my response " being stupid" he said .... " "I saw that part"...lol

in the end he let me go no ticket

Quote Originally Posted by xd40 View Post
    well thats just what i hear...hahaha
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by opie308 View Post
    speeding...

My daily driver was a 1971 Mach I. I once passed a deputy sheriff going over 140mph at 3 in the morning ( he was sitting on the other side of the highway with no barrier). he was throwing chunks of sod in the median as he cut across. I pulled over and waited on him....I live in tx and the county I live deputies where cowboy hats... he cam walking up to the car ( which I had turned off when I stopped) I already had my lic and insur ready for him. The first thing he says " Can I ask what you were doing back there?" my response " being stupid" he said .... " "I saw that part"...lol

in the end he let me go no ticket
    haha thats awesome. youve gotta love an officer with some humor...all the good ole' boys are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    yeah that usually happens. what one of my friends got one for 69 in a 45 (25+ and you can lose your license) and he went to court for it, and they knocked it down to only 5mph over and they asked the cop how much it would be and he goes.... i don't know, i've never given one for only 5 over lol

i've actually never gotten one (which is an amazing thing if you've seen me drive most of the time) but if i do i get dropped from my dads insurance. usually i do 90+ on the highway and like 10 over on small roads. a few times i've gone faster than i'll say on here haha
    I didn't get my first one until 20 and I drove everything like it was stolen as a teenager. Then I got 3 in 1 month. You just never know. I've prolly had a dozen at this point, some were in other states. But, I went from the ages of 24-28 without getting one. Good streaks and bad just like any form of gambeling. I'm 29 now...had one over the summer, 1 today, and 1 last sept...that makes 3, back to driving re-training I go.

g0dsend is offline Member
    Make sure you fight it, a mistake I made if they can lower the points anybit.

I was going a 56 in a 35(21 mph exactly, 6 points), figured I would pay the fine which I think was 300 or something. What I didnt know is that if you get 6 points on your liscence, you needa pay an extra 300 dollars. $600 dollars for coming home from the dentist.

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    sounds like you need a spanking Mr. Kratos...behave yourself

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    In CT if you get 3 tickets in any 3 year period, you have to go to driver retraining class. They don't teach you how to drive, the class is taught by a psycologist and they try to figure out why you're speeding or driving agressive and find ways to change it. It's stupid and it costs more money out of my pocket and I'm gonna speed again after I go. I've already been 2 x before.

Once you've gone to driving retraining it only takes 1 more ticket to go back until it's been 3 years since your first ticket. It takes 3 years from the date of each ticket for the clock to re-set.
    ummmm can you guys not just get them all turned into loud muffler violations like here? no effect on insurance and no bullshit bout figuring out why you speed

I didn't get my first one until 20 and I drove everything like it was stolen as a teenager. Then I got 3 in 1 month. You just never know. I've prolly had a dozen at this point, some were in other states. But, I went from the ages of 24-28 without getting one. Good streaks and bad just like any form of gambeling. I'm 29 now...had one over the summer, 1 today, and 1 last sept...that makes 3, back to driving re-training I go.
    oh yeah.. thats me. i'm only 19 so i guess when i have some more miles under my belt i might have felt the heat from driving so fast. but i've probably driven around 10k miles so far (a lot of trips between parents houses, 180 miles each way) which is pretty good for a teenager

opie lol awesome

Kat needs to stop talking like that

thats pretty rough.. i don't think its that bad in PA, something like 11 points on your sr license and you have to go to that. then you lose points like 3 a year starting a year after not getting any.. something weird

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Life sucks.
    Are you sexually frustrated ?

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Are you sexually frustrated ?
    how did you know?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    how did you know?
    Check out my other thread, i know everything.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    if the psychologist gets to the root of your speeding problem, share it with us. that could save me some couch-time.

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Wow that's weird. I have had my license suspended, but i still kept driving. Here in texas if you have i think it's 9 tickets in three month period it get suspended. I had 12 in 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by gst528i View Post
    Wow that's weird. I have had my license suspended, but i still kept driving. Here in texas if you have i think it's 9 tickets in three month period it get suspended. I had 12 in 3 months.
    rofl thats just sad. thats like $1500 in tickets...

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    rofl thats just sad. thats like $1500 in tickets...
    are you kidding me!!! 1500.. try like $2000 plus. Some of the tickets were 100mph in a 65 zone. some were in construction zone which is
    and some were tickets "EXHIBITION OF EXESSIVE SPEED"

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    HTO's around the world unite LOL

(That's: Habitual Traffic Offenders for you good boys and girls out there)

speeding limits are too low
    they're set for the old and asian
    should be seperate rules if you pass an advanced test

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    I have a very low opinion of most traffic laws and most of the cops that enforce them. Let's face it, going 55 in a 45? Who fcuking cares? Are dead kittens falling out of the sky because you made an illegal u-turn because traffic was light and you could manage one?

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Our driving regulations are circa 1940. Cars are no longer 8000 pounds of chrome with 9 inch drum brakes... they can even corner too! Time to raise the limit people.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd ask the psychologist all kinds of off the wall shit. At least half of the questions we all asked DSM.

I just set my cruise for 7 over.

I've only been pulled over a few times. But it was for a out tail light once and speeding once as a 16 year old, but he let me go.

I knew i had a out tail light, but I just got the jeep and had not fixed it, thing was brand new with an out tail light. I was pulled over before he had his lights on even.

Quote Originally Posted by gst528i View Post
    are you kidding me!!! 1500.. try like $2000 plus. Some of the tickets were 100mph in a 65 zone. some were in construction zone which is
    and some were tickets "EXHIBITION OF EXESSIVE SPEED"
    LOL well that will do it.. construction ones are so fake because if they are really working, cops shouldn't be getting in the way..

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    Good thing I haven't been pulled over for speeding in the last 2 years.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    5 tickets under my belt i think. im a lightweight

RangersLTW is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Just tell them you going to sh** urself.......or better yet tell that you took off your seat belt to find your cell phone that you were talking on......

Blog Entries
    ive been driving for 20 yrs now and im not so proud to say that ive gotten 27 speeding tickets.none in the last 5 years.my inshurance is finnaly resonable.thay jagged me for years cus of my stupidity.my last ticket was in the state of new hampshire and the cop really took it personaly. he bitched me out right there on the highway.i put the ticket in my glove box and forgot to pay it.a few months later i got a letter saying that i lost my driving privleges in new hampshire and that i would be arrested if i did drive there.i live in maine and go to boston to see the sox play offten so it sucked.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have had 4 warnings for speeding and 1 actual ticket which I got reduced in court. Time is money so speeding is worth it for me.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    I have none thankfully.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    dude...deferred adjudification...learn about it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information