Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    KingTenderloin is offline Anabolic Member

Deaths resulting directly from steroid use?

I was reading a sports forum about the whole arod thing and i saw this comment

"I'm only going to say this once for all those that are ignorant to the Sport Supplement world... NO ONE HAS EVER DIED FROM TAKING STERIODS . PEOPLE THEY GIVE THEM TO SICK PEOPLE TO MAKE THEM FEEL BETTER. IF THEY KILLED PEOPLE THEY WOULD BE PRESCIRBED FOR SICK INDIVIDUALS!!!!!!"

Id think thats false right?

Im sure theres plenty of deaths that are blamed on steroid use but that really wasnt the cause of death, but are there not cases where steroids are the direct cause of death like injecting too much or maybe combining compounds that aren't supposed to be combined?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am yet to hear of a documented case where steroids caused death. There are some cases where using pain killers and steroids along with anti-depressants gave people heart attacks but who is to say if the steroids were the cause?

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    I am yet to hear of a documented case where steroids caused death. There are some cases where using pain killers and steroids along with anti-depressants gave people heart attacks but who is to say if the steroids were the cause?
    ^^^AGREED

if the person has ever used steroids in their life, the media will jump on and blame steroids no matter what

the guy could have been hit by a bus, but if he ever did steroids, then he must have walked out in front of the bus from roid rage , roid depression, ect....

media sucks !!!

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    it is responsible to shrinking my testicals

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    it is responsible to shrinking my testicals
    smaller potatoes makes the meat look bigger.....and in your case, you need all the help you can get.......LOLOL

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Show me a body?? Not even that valentino guy with massive injection resulting in removal of part of his bicep died of steroid use . Although he is the poster child for steroid abuse and the constant ammo for the media against steroids . I kinda wish he would have died now that i think about it.

drummerofgod87 is offline Associate Member
    It's a shame Greg touched Synthol. Looked great before that, and now the media is blaming it all on steroids for him looking like a ****ing blob. On top of it all, they made it look like in order to get steroids , you have to go into the deepest, darkest corners of the city and have to deal with all kinds of shady people and murderers carrying guns and other drugs just to get steroids.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    How many people a year die from alcohol abuse?

What about alcohol rage? You can see that every weekend.

Media needs to give it a break.

The chicks that take test to become guys freaks me out though, reason enough for me to keep it controlled.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    I do agree that many do take them and actually improve their health. But for the sake of argument. Many things do not DIRECTLY cause death. alcohol, cigarettes, rec drugs, they all cause problems that then in turn kill people. Steroid use can and does have side effects and some of those effects have killed. Of course no one has died from "too much test" or a bad oral, but they can cause deadly problems.

That being said I would also like to say that YES ABSOLUTELY, the media blows it COMPLETELY out of proportion. I hate hearing it. I can't site a source, or a specific case, but I'm sure horrible use coupled with other bad decisions has lead to someone dying. But for the majority, i doubt that is the case. The media is horribly informed, and it is really time they stopped blowing their uneducated horns.

british bulldog 1 is offline Associate Member
    not true. a 30 year old guy died from steroid abuse at my old gym.

Ok lets see some proof ^^^^ How do you know a guy on steroids didnt die of something else?

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    More people die daily of fried chicken abuse in this country, I'm sure.

Seriously I would like to see an actual autopsy report showing steroids as the direct cause of death. You won't find one.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I've died twice from steroids .

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm sure extended use or abuse of AS can cause complications and lead to death like any other drug.

Too much of anything is bad.

Just because it can't be pin pointed on steriods , does not mean they do not help put you in the casket faster if you abuse them.

To say steriods can't be abused enough to take a few years off your life is honestly ignorant to say.

That being said, I'm on them now. There is a safe way to use them, but not everyone is going to do that. There will always be people who abuse or over use any drug.

Too much of anything is bad for you.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    OMG I am going to die.....

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Steroids killed my buggie...

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Omg my friend died from using roids. They did a autopsy and found that his heart exploded....

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden708 View Post
    Omg my friend died from using roids. They did a autopsy and found that his heart exploded....
    My heart exploded once ......but it was over a girl.....no the gear......

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm trying to kill myself from steroids ...it's not working but I am stronger then ever

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    I do agree that many do take them and actually improve their health. But for the sake of argument. Many things do not DIRECTLY cause death. alcohol, cigarettes, rec drugs, they all cause problems that then in turn kill people. Steroid use can and does have side effects and some of those effects have killed. Of course no one has died from "too much test" or a bad oral, but they can cause deadly problems.

That being said I would also like to say that YES ABSOLUTELY, the media blows it COMPLETELY out of proportion. I hate hearing it. I can't site a source, or a specific case, but I'm sure horrible use coupled with other bad decisions has lead to someone dying. But for the majority, i doubt that is the case. The media is horribly informed, and it is really time they stopped blowing their uneducated horns.
    well said.

Overhaulz is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by british bulldog 1 View Post
    Damn, redz, you beat me.

No sooner was I literally going to type "I want some proof that steroids were the cause". Actually, I'd love to see ANY death certificate that states steroids were the cause of death. I'm willing to bet my wife's balls that no such document exists.

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    In the movie Bigger Stronger Faster, they had statistics of the top list of things people ingest as the reason for them showing up in the ER at hospitals.

Steroids were like 142 or something like that. Much higher on the list were multi vitamins, vitamin c, IBprofin, etc.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post

Well said....

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    I have never seen a case.
    But on bigger stringer faster didn't they say there are like 3 a year in the US I could be wrong though about the number.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    steroids killed my mother and raped my sister

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post
    In the movie Bigger Stronger Faster, they had statistics of the top list of things people ingest as the reason for them showing up in the ER at hospitals.

Steroids were like 142 or something like that. Much higher on the list were multi vitamins, vitamin c, IBprofin, etc.
    but people go to the er over everything these days..

i wouldn't go as far as to say NO ONE has died from them. i'm sure people died from liver failure, whether it be from orals or painkillers, they wouldn't take the painkillers if they weren't taking steroids imo. and you could probably count a few people that have died from infections from steroids (dirty needles etc) which wouldn't have happened with no steroids. so i guess its indirect, but not really

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by j4ever41 View Post
    well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    Well said....
    thanks.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    look... steriods dont kill, show me a person who has died from them and just was doing steroids ... not steroids and pain killers, or xanex or any other drug to complicate things...

and sure any thing can kill - if the person is predeterminded to some issue that steroids aggivate... no diff than peanut butter... but the chances are soooo small.

but remember they give this stuff to very sick people...

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    hows the saying go......"What doesn't kill you...makes you stronger"...sounds like steroids to me

I don't wanna sound bad cause I love my gear.
    Butt everyone is so pro steroid its insane.
    There's no way that gear could ever cause death and all this.
    I definitely believe they can cause problems that could lead to an early grave.
    Its hard to deny it.
    They were on steroids and this other stuff to.
    It had to be teh other stuff not the steroids they would never do that.

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    Prolonged steroid use is a "slow killer" leading to deaths that have multi-factorial causes. For example, steroid use will create a deranged cholesterol/lipid profile, which will most definitely predispose to heart diseases.

Does the media hype it up? Sure. But are steroids totally without risk? No.

what are steroids

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    what are steroids
    lolol?

I think of it like this kind of to make it simple. A man has real high blood pressure and it causes his death. But what gave him the high blood pressure was steroids . Now we can say the cause of death was high blood pressure. But what caused the high blood pressure was his steroid use . So if he didn't use steroids he wouldn't have high blood pressure which killed him.

Its liek do they directly cause death by the actual injecting or ingesting no unless you have an allergic reaction. BUt they will cause things like high blood pressure and other health problems that will actually kill you

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybigguns View Post
    I think of it like this kind of to make it simple. A man has real high blood pressure and it causes his death. But what gave him the high blood pressure was steroids . Now we can say the cause of death was high blood pressure. But what caused the high blood pressure was his steroid use . So if he didn't use steroids he wouldn't have high blood pressure which killed him.

Its liek do they directly cause death by the actual injecting or ingesting no unless you have an allergic reaction. BUt they will cause things like high blood pressure and other health problems that will actually kill you
    No because you as the person that takes steroids to make sure you are healthy....so it was not the steroids that killed him......he killed himself......that what kills me about all the new people that post in the question and answer forum....i want to do this...having no clue what they are doing....I get a full check ups before i start and half way though and one month after my pct...to see where i am at.......it is a simple blood test...i also check my blood pressure weekly and my bf weekly to see what results i am getting...it is only dangerous if the people go into it blind....JMO

0tolerance is offline Associate Member
    the three deaths a year are probably from injection infections that arent directly linked to the steroid itself.. although some one else could have said this i didnt read everything

g0dsend is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0tolerance View Post
    the three deaths a year are probably from injection infections that arent directly linked to the steroid itself.. although some one else could have said this i didnt read everything
    Or someone who injects intravenous.

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybigguns View Post

Exactly.

Overhaulz is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0tolerance View Post

The movie said three *ER VISITS* a year related to steroids --not deaths.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information