Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Married

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member

Getting Married

Yah, seriously wtf? So I just want to know what it's like. I've known this girl for 2-2.5 years, we started off as friends and she was my best female friend for over a year. I've always been attracted to her and I didn't know till now but she was as well, however I was too much of a pvssy to say anything initially so we just remained good friends. I joined the military and when I came back on leave things kicked off amazingly and we weren't dating but looked like a couple. I got stationed halfway across the country and we kept in contact every day, texted throughout the day, you get the picture. Anyways we kind of fell in love (feel gay for saying that) apart and grew closer apart which is real strange to me cause I've never had a long distance relationship and didn't expect this to happen. We had a rocky time about 2 months ago cause she started getting insecure about me being so far away but we cleared it up and about 2 weeks ago I went on leave and things went to a whole new level. Was with her the whole time and a week after giving her a promise ring I asked her to marry me cause she kept telling me she wanted to. Well her I am back halfway across the country and she's flying out in a few weeks to get married, headed back to clear things up, and coming back out to start our lives together. I know I'm young (21), I could be younger so I don't think it's too bad. She has a good job and she can easily find one similar out here so it's not like she's going to be a stay at home wife. I'm making her go back to school again; there's a college very close by. It just seems so weird, I never thought I'd get married at 21, I was thinking between 23-25 but yeh... Ionno, I just want to know what to expect, I love this girl and she's the first girl I've been with that I have 100% trust in which is a major factor for me. And it's really weird as how close our interests are... anyways, just thought I'd let ya all know, so sorry DSM, I'll be a taken man soon..

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    You have my deepest condolences..............oh wait, i mean Congratulations !!!!

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    good for u man. I knew who i was going to marry when I was 19 and at age 22 I married the girl i wanted to. What u told me sounds good but after been married 11 yrs I always want more sex so sex will suck after 2 yrs just an FYI.

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    Expect her to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by T-MOS View Post
    You have my deepest condolences..............oh wait, i mean Congratulations !!!!
    Give him congratulation now give him condolences after 2 yrs of marige when he will be sex starved.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishColumbian View Post
    Expect her to Change.
    stop reading my mind.....

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Congrats bro....

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Tell her i will congratulate her when i see her tonight,,

Quote Originally Posted by T-MOS View Post
    lol.. funny man.

Yeah you know the old question, "are you married, or are you happy?"
    =)

My ex girlfriends parents had a friend that was married for something like 20 odd years. He finally stepped out of his cold, lonely closet, got a divorce, and rode off the in sunset (assumingly bareback) with his new male partner.

He's now living a healthy & happy homosexual lifestyle. (Back when I heard of this story, that is)

Im not saying this'll happen to you but im just sayin some guys will keep having horrible batting averages until they switch sides of the plate..... so to speak..

Anyway I would wait a while man, see whats out there... Dont u think?
    Last edited by Panzerfaust80; 03-02-2009 at 04:28 PM.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    let see marriage

wedding $5,000.00

honeymoon $2,000.00

LIVING WITH THE SAME BITCH FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE: PRICELESS

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    alittle late for that.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    don't do it man...seriously

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    congrats

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Why do soldiers do this crazy marriage shit all the time?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    so they can get a good payraise..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    congrats bro
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    so they can get a good payraise..
    I'm definately not doing it for a pay raise, and the only "raise" we get is to pay for rent. And the reason the military does it so much is A, it can get lonely, and B, because we are financially stable. Most people can't support themselves and a wife at this age, the military allows it, albeit, on a very tight budget. I decided to do it because I care deeply for this girl, I have since I first met her, I can trust her, we have the same interests, and she's very intelligent. Sort of like a perfect catch, and she feels the same way. In 3 years I'll be given 100k for school through the new GI Bill, and besides the GI bill, school is free while serving. Not to mention I can share my GI Bill with the wifey if need be which I think is a nice new bonus.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018 View Post
    I'm definately not doing it for a pay raise, and the only "raise" we get is to pay for rent. And the reason the military does it so much is A, it can get lonely, and B, because we are financially stable. Most people can't support themselves and a wife at this age, the military allows it, albeit, on a very tight budget. I decided to do it because I care deeply for this girl, I have since I first met her, I can trust her, we have the same interests, and she's very intelligent. Sort of like a perfect catch, and she feels the same way. In 3 years I'll be given 100k for school through the new GI Bill, and besides the GI bill, school is free while serving. Not to mention I can share my GI Bill with the wifey if need be which I think is a nice new bonus.
    If you haven't started school already, start NOW. And stay away from all the crap the education center and everyone else feeds you.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    so shes marrying for green .... nothing new

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    The best and worst time you will ever have in your entire life!

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    take your time. Never let anyone rush you

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    If you haven't started school already, start NOW. And stay away from all the crap the education center and everyone else feeds you.
    I would, however my base doesn't allow me to start college until I finish my CDC's, which pisses me off.

I would, however my base doesn't allow me to start college until I finish my CDC's, which pisses me off.
    Where did you get condemned for the next 3 years? How bout you just don't tell them?

CDCs? Blah!

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    good luck bro... but, once you tie the knot - it is for ever!!! divorce is not a choice - that is the way to enter it..

and i love my wife, however - here is my advise --- RUN!

Where did you get condemned for the next 3 years? How bout you just don't tell them?

CDCs? Blah!
    Haha, Whiteman Missouri... Worst base ever... In a town called Knob Noster lmao... I would do that, but don't I need to run it through them before I get money for college? I'm still not sure on the whole process.... And yeh, CDC's suck, we have computer ones but they're so boring, I think Ben Stein helped create them... And you're right Amco, that's what my mentality is... But now she's having problems with her best friend who says she'll disown her if she marries me... Which I think is complete bullshit and selfish of her friend. But I'm sure we'll be able to ride it out.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    congrats bro

Haha, Whiteman Missouri... Worst base ever... In a town called Knob Noster lmao... I would do that, but don't I need to run it through them before I get money for college? I'm still not sure on the whole process.... And yeh, CDC's suck, we have computer ones but they're so boring, I think Ben Stein helped create them... And you're right Amco, that's what my mentality is... But now she's having problems with her best friend who says she'll disown her if she marries me... Which I think is complete bullshit and selfish of her friend. But I'm sure we'll be able to ride it out.
    Shit no. You have a base education center in that craphole? Go in there and get your little "TA brief", submit your education goals to them, and then go to the virtual education center through the portal (I think) and fill out the paperwork. They'll approve it and you can fax the payment slip to the school. No chain of command involved. You're a firefighter right?

StritationOrBust is offline Associate Member
    marriage is grand.........divorce is a hundred grand

Shit no. You have a base education center in that craphole? Go in there and get your little "TA brief", submit your education goals to them, and then go to the virtual education center through the portal (I think) and fill out the paperwork. They'll approve it and you can fax the payment slip to the school. No chain of command involved. You're a firefighter right?
    Seriously? Bastards tried to trick me... I'll do that soon, awesome! Yeh I'm a firefighter, I mean, we work 24 on 24 off so I have a whole day of doing nothing since I can't do my CDC's since I'm not at work...

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

luxifer93 is offline Senior Member
    ^^^Home wrecker

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Haha i knew my ex-gurl for 3 years. She kept bringing up the FUTURE. Hinting at marriage and KIDS. kids!!!!!!!! FCK THAT i bailed, i really did like her but i doubt anyone will be marriage material.
    G/L though ...

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by StritationOrBust View Post
    marriage is grand.........divorce is a hundred grand
    A hundred grand?? I need your lawyer, mine from a few years ago cost me at least 5 times that much.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Noooooooooo,,,,,,,,,,lmao, you do what you want and good luck, or just give her the house and half your pay for the rest of your life now and save the wait....

reddohc is offline Associate Member
    ive been goin out with a girl for 6 years.. im not getting married.. its just a damn title. dont do it....

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    What was it that Mick Jagger said, "The next time i feel like getting married i will just find a woman i hate and give her a house, a car and income for life" save a lot of time and problems that way

StritationOrBust is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    A hundred grand?? I need your lawyer, mine from a few years ago cost me at least 5 times that much.
    I was talking about the lawyer

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    I was married at 20 and will celebrate my 26th anniversary next week.

It's been very tough! I was a kid at 20 (not by todays standards) but thought I knew it all. Bought my first house at the age of 20. Been working for myself from the age of 26 on. I wanted a divorce for many years but I didn't want my kids growing up without a father in the house. Things are actually better now, but I can't forget about all of the years things sucked. Im not sure yet that I want to live with her for another 25 years........

Don't do it Bro!!! Someday you'll regret it.

ampx is offline Junior Member
    marriage====

:
    :<<<<<before and after the wedding. Just telling like it is.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BritishColumbian View Post
    Expect her to Change.
    x2!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information