Thread: relay for life

higherdesire is offline Banned

Thumbs up relay for life

I thought a lot about whether to post this or not but in the end it is for the right cause. I am walking with a team to raise money for the American Cancer society. The same group of us has done it for a few years.

The walk is a cool thing and the event is even cooler, but the cause is the big deal. You will notice I have no online donations becasue we collect from all of my friends in cash or check and it gets posted at the end.

If anyone is interested, even $5 helps. It all adds up to a great chance to find a cure. 100% goes to the ACS.

After reading Bigs post I thought WTF I will post it and if anyone donates great and if not there is no real harm.

Thanks.
    Last edited by higherdesire; 03-07-2009 at 03:31 AM. Reason: removed link due to lack of response

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    it doesn't seem like much of a contemplation to post or not, i don't think anyone would flame a good cause.

i've participated in one before, at the college right down the street from my house. its pretty cool and attracts a lot of people

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    The local elementary school kids were going around seeking donation for that recently. $100 in their little paper bag

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    it doesn't seem like much of a contemplation to post or not, i don't think anyone would flame a good cause.

i've participated in one before, at the college right down the street from my house. its pretty cool and attracts a lot of people
    THanks for the words. I only contemplated because the site posts ny full name. What the hell I have very little to hide though!

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    ahh well now that i see that... keep the doors locked!

but i think if someone really cared, they could find out all our names through this site and our IPs/personal info

I am goimg to bump this for the cause for a few days to see if we get any participation. Appreciate the tolerance.

luxifer93 is offline Senior Member

bushido3374 is offline Member
    Relay for Life is a good cause. I've organized a team to walk/run in the past. The illumenaries were a powerful sight.

Yes they are. It is so quiet while the bags are being lit you could literally hear a cough across the football field. It is very powerful.

bump for the cause

Thread Information