Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

Why do I feel so small or look so small

I'm by no means huge, or big even. 6', 226lbs today 13%bf

But for most guys my size, I look smaller than them.

I just don't look "filled out".

I guess if you look at Shogun, he's 6' and 205 but does not look "built" either.

Some fightes are 6' and 205 but are jacked.

I should look better I think though. I have a SMALL frame. My wrist and ankles are tiny.

My arms are 17.5" and they look 14".

My chest does not even look filled out unless I have a pump. The space from the bottom of my pec, to my collar bone just looks like a HUGE area to fill. I barley have cleavage in my upper chest.

makes me hate those guys who have "Bubbly" muscle that just pops out. Mine appears to all be flat.

I have a good shape with a t-shirt on, traps poke, sleeves and chest nice and tight. I'm going to start banging my chick with my shirt on because I feel small and unsexy (no i'm not on PCT...yet!)

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    probably because they cut 25-30 pounds and by the time of a fight, weigh at least 220 again. and because they are pretty cut, they look big

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    probably because they cut 25-30 pounds and by the time of a fight, weigh at least 220 again. and because they are pretty cut, they look big
    Shogun looks small no matter what.

How do those guys look that small and CUT to 205.

At a CUT 205 they should look pretty jacked.

I am fairly lean at 226 and look the same though.

Some guys at 6' and a lean 205 look huge though.

I'll have to get to 250lbs to look just filled out.

Wonder if that kid still has those d-bols his friend gave him....

Or maybe if my T-bol just made it past customs I could toss on 10 more lbs.

ampx is offline Junior Member
    same way here bro. im 6'1 and 210 i fight 205. and look like the smallest one there.

Quote Originally Posted by ampx View Post
    same way here bro. im 6'1 and 210 i fight 205. and look like the smallest one there.
    Well at least I'm not alone. thank you for joining me in my misery and my never ending journey to be satisfied.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    because you are.....

it happens to all of us we cant see how big we are....we always thing someone is bigger that what make us so ****ing great...

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Im the biggest person in the world..... Its my diet..
    Meal 1, Jelly beans
    Meal 2, Jelly beans
    Meal 3, Jelly beans
    Meal 4, Jelly beans
    Meal 5, Jelly beans
    Meal 6, Jelly beans
    Meal 7, Jelly beans
    Meal 8, Jelly beans...

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Meal 1, Jelly beans
    Meal 2, Jelly beans
    Meal 3, Jelly beans
    Meal 4, Jelly beans
    Meal 5, Jelly beans
    Meal 6, Jelly beans
    Meal 7, Jelly beans
    Meal 8, Jelly beans...
    its probably the 8 meals that does it

Surreal is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post

I guess if you look at Shogun, he's 6' and 205 but does not look "built" either.

I should look better I think though. I have a SMALL frame. My wrist and ankles are tiny.

My chest does not even look filled out unless I have a pump. The space from the bottom of my pec, to my collar bone just looks like a HUGE area to fill. I barley have cleavage in my upper chest.

makes me hate those guys who have "Bubbly" muscle that just pops out. Mine appears to all be flat.

I have a good shape with a t-shirt on, traps poke, sleeves and chest nice and tight. I'm going to start banging my chick with my shirt on because I feel small and unsexy (no i'm not on PCT...yet!)
    Uhh . . . time to gain more weight and feel better about yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Meal 1, Jelly beans
    Meal 2, Jelly beans
    Meal 3, Jelly beans
    Meal 4, Jelly beans
    Meal 5, Jelly beans
    Meal 6, Jelly beans
    Meal 7, Jelly beans
    Meal 8, Jelly beans...
    With Jelly Beans being on sale right now 2/$1 that's a steal too.

Strongly considering plagiarizing this new diet.

Using the remaining grocery money for cheap Test E at 2000mgs weekly.

BIG_TRUCK is offline Member
    Being 223lbs @ 13% BF at your height, you should look bigger than you are considering you have small joints.

Also, if you have 17.5'' arms with thin elbows/wrists, they should also seem to be bigger.

Shogun is small.

Depends on the frame of a person.

Look at Arnold, he was usually around 220-230lbs but looked much bigger. (small frame)

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG_TRUCK View Post
    Being 223lbs @ 13% BF at your height, you should look bigger than you are considering you have small joints.

Also, if you have 17.5'' arms with thin elbows/wrists, they should also seem to be bigger.

Shogun is small.

Depends on the frame of a person.

Look at Arnold, he was usually around 220-230lbs but looked much bigger. (small frame)
    this is true maybe we are full of shit and that is the reason we weigh more...lol

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Body dysmorphic disorder

Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) (previously known as Dysmorphophobia[1] and sometimes referred to as Body dysmorphia) (also known as "Dysmorphic syndrome," and "Dysmorphophobia"[2]) is a psychiatric disorder in which the affected person is excessively concerned about and preoccupied by an imagined or minor defect in their physical features. The sufferer may complain of several specific features or a single feature, or a vague feature or general appearance, causing psychological distress that impairs occupational and/or social functioning, sometimes to the point of complete social isolation.[3] It is estimated that between 1%-2% of the world's population meet all the diagnostic criteria for BDD.

Individuals with very obvious and immediately-noticeable defects should not be diagnosed with BDD, however culture and clinician bias may play a significant part in the subjectivity behind determining what physical appearance is considered 'normal' and in whom the disorder is diagnosed.[4] BDD combines obsessive and compulsive aspects, linking it, among psychologists, to the obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders. The exact cause or causes of BDD is unknown, but most clinicians believe it to be a complex combination of biological, psychological and environmental factors.

Onset of symptoms generally occurs in adolescence or early adulthood, although cases of BDD onset in children and older adults is not unknown. BDD is often misunderstood to affect mostly women, however research shows that it affects men and women equally. The disorder is linked to significantly diminished quality of life and co-morbid major depressive disorder and social phobia. With a completed-suicide rate more than double than that of major depression, and a suicidal ideation rate of around 80%, BDD is considered a major risk factor for suicide. A person with the disorder may be treated with psychotherapy, medication, or both. Research has shown cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) to be effective in treating BDD. BDD is a chronic illness and symptoms are likely to persist, or worsen, if left untreated.

Overview

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders defines body dysmorphic disorder as a preoccupation with an imagined or minor defect in appearance which causes clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning. The individual's symptoms mustn't be better accounted for by another disorder, for example weight concern is usually more accurately attributed to an eating disorder.

The disorder generally is diagnosed in those who are extremely critical of their physique or self-image even though there may be no noticeable disfigurement or defect, or a minor defect which is not recognised by most people. Most people wish that they could change or improve some aspect of their physical appearance; but people suffering from BDD, generally of normal or even highly attractive appearance, believe that they are so unspeakably hideous that they are unable to interact with others or function normally for fear of ridicule and humiliation about their appearance. They tend to be very secretive and reluctant to seek help because they fear that others will think them vain or because they feel too embarrassed. It has also been suggested that fewer men seek help for the disorder than women.[5]

Ironically, BDD is often misunderstood as a vanity-driven obsession, whereas it is quite the opposite, for people with BDD believe themselves to be irrevocably ugly or defective.

BDD combines obsessive and compulsive aspects, linking it, among psychologists, to the Obsessive-Compulsive spectrum disorders. People with BDD may compulsively look at themselves in the mirror or avoid mirrors, typically think about their appearance for at least one hour a day (and usually more), and in severe cases may drop all social contact and responsibilities as they become a recluse.

A German study has shown that 1–2% of the population meet all the diagnostic criteria of BDD, with a larger percentage showing milder symptoms of the disorder (Psychological Medicine, vol 36, p 877). Chronically low self-esteem is characteristic of those with BDD, because the one's assessment of one's value is so closely linked with one's perception of one's appearance. BDD is diagnosed equally in men and women, and causes chronic social anxiety for its sufferers.[6]

Phillips & Menard (2006) found the completed-suicide rate in patients with BDD was 45 times higher than in the general United States population. This rate is more than double that of those with clinical depression and three times as high as that of those with bipolar disorder.[7] Suicidal ideation is also found in around 80% of people with BDD.[8] There has also been a suggested link between undiagnosed BDD and a higher than average suicide rate among people who have undergone cosmetic surgery.

Diagnoses

According to the DSM IV, to be diagnosed with BDD, a person must fulfil the following criteria:

* "Preoccupation with an imagined defect in appearance. If a slight physical anomaly is present, the person's concern is markedly excessive."
    * "The preoccupation causes clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning."
    * "The preoccupation is not better accounted for by another mental disorder (e.g., dissatisfaction with body shape and size in Anorexia Nervosa)."[10]

In most cases, BDD is under-diagnosed. In a study of 17 patients with BDD, BDD was noted in only five patient charts, and none of the patients received an official diagnosis of BDD despite the fact that it was present.[11] BDD is often under-diagnosed because the disorder was only recently included in DSM IV, therefore clinician knowledge of the disorder, particularly among general practitioners, is not widespread.[12] Also, BDD is often associated with shame and secrecy, therefore patients often fail to reveal their appearance concerns for fear of appearing vain or superficial.[12] BDD is also often misdiagnosed because its symptoms can mimic that of another psychiatric disorder, such as major depressive disorder or social phobia.[13] and the root of the individual's problems remain unresolved. Many individuals with BDD also possess a poor level of insight and regard their problem as one of a physical nature rather than psychiatric, therefore individuals may seek cosmetic treatment rather than mental health treatment.

Common symptoms and behaviors

There are many common symptoms and behaviors associated with BDD. Often these symptoms and behaviours are determined by the nature of the BDD sufferer's perceived defect, for example, use of cosmetics is most common in those with a perceived skin defect, therefore many BDD sufferers will only display a few common symptoms and behaviors.

[edit] Symptoms

Common symptoms of BDD include:

* Obsessive thoughts about perceived appearance defect.
    * Obsessive and compulsive behaviors related to perceived appearance defect (see section below).
    * Major depressive disorder symptoms.
    * Delusional thoughts and beliefs related to perceived appearance defect.
    * Social and family withdrawal, social phobia, loneliness and self-imposed social isolation.
    * Suicidal ideation.
    * Anxiety; possible panic attacks.
    * Chronic low self-esteem.
    * Feeling self-conscious in social environments; thinking that others notice and mock their perceived defect.
    * Strong feelings of shame.
    * Avoidant personality: avoiding leaving the home, or only leaving the home at certain times, for example, at night.
    * Dependant personality: dependence on others, such as a partner, friend or parents.
    * Inability to work or an inability to focus at work due to preoccupation with appearance.
    * Decreased academic performance (problems maintaining grades, problems with school/college attendance).
    * Problems initiating and maintaining relationships (both intimate relationships and friendships).
    * Alcohol and/or drug abuse (often an attempt to self-medicate).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member

if you're 6"+, your arms are always gonna be your weak point and look shitty. I suffer the same thing, best solution= tighter shirts, lol.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    if you're 6"+, your arms are always gonna be your weak point and look shitty. I suffer the same thing, best solution= tighter shirts, lol.
    check out baby gap

mcx
    mcx is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    What dsm posted above. The disorder post.

DKU
    DKU is offline Associate Member
    It sounds like it's just the way you're built. You can always improve, but you'll probably never have full bulging muscles. Hey - that's life.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    what dsm posted

it's called muscle dysmorphia and we all have it

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    check out baby gap
    Well where the hell do you think I got this shirt from? One step ahead of you..
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 03-26-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    is that pic taken at a club or a school dance?

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!

you my friend have "big'erexia'

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Mate, many of us feel the same, i don't think i look big either even though i am 234lb, even in photo's i look small, other people say i look like a monster but i always thinks there just saying that....just one of those things i guess

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    same here...
    I hate that feeling.

I'm going to see a head doctor then.

J431S is offline Banned
    hey DSM.

That's some interesting info. thanks for sharing it.

hey J-dogg

The best advice I could give is stop looking at muscle magazine and admiring these big guys better yet start loving your own shape for better or for worst.

luxifer93 is offline Senior Member
    Juice is good for you

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Muscle mags are photoshopped or those guys looked that way for 24 hours. DSM is right.

I feel the same way, I look small.

I hope you googled to find that pic , because if that is you.... I wouldn't be showing it to others.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't all out to get you

Put on 25 more pounds little guy

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I hope you googled to find that pic , because if that is you.... I wouldn't be showing it to others.
    +1 on that
    stay out of your little sister's closet
    Last edited by Kratos; 03-06-2009 at 10:27 AM.

seriousmass is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    is that pic taken at a club or a school dance?

I thought the EXACT same thing.

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    Plase say you are not the one with the sewed white shirt with ridiculously short sleeves....

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    J-Dogg, try this outfit on for size...might make you look a bit bigger.

jus tryin to help a dogg out...

You guys probably think the same thing, but honestly, i do look small for someone of my stats.

I just saw a pic of a guy on the AS board, 5'11" 206lbs. He's a little less bf, he's about 9% i'd say, I'm 13%.

I'm a inch taller, 17lbs heavier and he looks WAY more stacked than me.

The over all surface area of my chest, just seems huge, so much space to fill out.

My arm span is probably about 6'5", I have long monkey arms.

My quads are actually big, calves....like my arms won't fill out.

Post a pic, and I will tell you if you look small.

How's that? lol

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Finally a thread where jDogg is not having a girl issue

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i only ever feel big after i get a pump in the gym, otherwise i feel skinny

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^^same here. Always feel smell till during and after workout

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    I feel especially small after cardio

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Ya? youre one to talk. Showing off avy pics of you and your fat ass girlfriend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information