xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries

Ron Paul on Real Time w/ Bill Maher

Overhaulz is offline Associate Member
    I always love hearing him talk. Good stuff.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    I wish he would have been a president.......

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    I wish he would have been a president.......
    Me too. I think it is truly amazing how so many people love Ron Paul and his policies, yet he is completely side-swiped by the powers to be. I mean, me and you (Prone2Rage) go at it when it comes to sociological and political issues, and yet we're both Ron Paul fans.

It makes me really sad that someone like Ron Paul is marginalized like he is. It would make me very pleased to see Ron Paul in charge. He is a man of principle and a man with principles. I fear that he is getting too old now, and wonder who will replace him when he dies.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 03-07-2009 at 07:13 PM.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post
    Me too. I think it is truly amazing how so many people love Ron Paul and his policies, yet he is completely side-swiped by the powers to be. I mean, me and you (Prone2Rage) go at it when it comes to sociological and political issues, and yet we're both Ron Paul fans.

It makes me really sad that someone like Ron Paul is marginalized like he is. It would make me very pleased to see Ron Paul in charge. He is a man of principle and a man with principles. I fear that he is getting too old now, and wonder who will replace him when he dies.
    I hope he dont die....you made me sad when you said that.....just goes to show I dont think that far ahead....lol

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    I voted for him.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Jesse Ventura has similiar ideals to him. Maybe a little more extreme than Ventura, but it's good to know Ron Paul ISN'T some political anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Jesse Ventura has similiar ideals to him.
    His beard makes him look silly. Although I think he shaved it? EDIT: Yes he did.

I'm talking about here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm2weLS5gJ4

I like his comparison between Democrats and Republicans: he likened it to Coke and Pepsi.

EDIT: He doesn't sound anything like Ron Paul though. I listened to a couple videos of him right now and I do not think he has anywhere near the intellectual capacity of Ron Paul. I don't like his views either. He's no Ron Paul, in my humble opinion.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 03-07-2009 at 09:20 PM.

^^^^Agreed

Ron Paul is so much more articulate and posses so much more intelligence. Jesse has some good points at times but seems to speak out his ass at times simply to gain attention.

Predator was a better movie than anything Ron Paul has ever made though.
    Advantage Ventura

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    Ron Paul is so much more articulate and posses so much more intelligence. Jesse has some good points at times but seems to speak out his ass at times simply to gain attention.
    Agreed. It does not seem that Jesse Ventura is anywhere near as well-read and knowledgeable as Ron Paul. Not only is Ron Paul well-learned, he also possesses a wisdom that only comes through his age and experience. It is not only about holding certain views, it is also about being able to defend those views, and that requires having a wide base of knowledge and an encyclopedic understanding and appreciation of history.

I don't know why so many people want "joe six-pack" to run for office; I certainly don't. I want someone who is an intellectual, a sophisticated academic with a wide array of erudition. I don't want someone who can talk loud; I want someone who can think loud, whose words cut through his opponent's arguments.

When Bill O'reilly put Ron Paul on his show, O'reilly had to cut Ron Paul off because he knew he was going to get schooled in history. Seriously, anyone who doesn't know history shouldn't be a viable candidate. While Ron Paul has such soft yet intellectually cutting arguments that his opponents have to silence him, it seems that the pundits let Jesse Ventura keep talking, because the more he does it, the more of a fool he looks. Sorry, that's just what I've seen from the few video clips I have seen of him, in which he just keeps talking and digging his own grave. For example, there is one clip of him in which he talks about 9/11 conspiracy theories, and he just looks silly in it.

I prefer Ron Paul's soft-spoken approach; the wise man with soft but powerful words instead of the bellicose brawler...not saying that Jesse Ventura is the latter, only that nowadays people seem to want that in political commentators, office holders, etc. Is it not amazing that the only job in the world today in which an Ivy league education can harm your chances of landing it is when you run for president of the United States!?
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 03-07-2009 at 11:13 PM.

Thread Information