BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member

Anyone know of something that will stop my hands from going numb while sleeping?

Anyone else have this problem? I always end up sleeping on my arms. I remember once seeing a thing you could wrap around your arm so that it would protect the circulation. Anyone know what I'm talking about or where I could get something like this?

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    um...hand cuff them in front of you...

???

higherdesire is offline Banned
    No. I have that problem too so I will keep an eye on this post.

lord henry is offline Scammer&Liar
    me too ,sometimes my hand get pins and neddles in it and locks up ,i cant move or feel my whole hand untill i start to move my arm ,its crazy.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    this used to happen to me all the time

(think I had a post about it years ago)

I never bought anything for it, just tried to train myself to sleep a certain way.

Sounds weird, but it worked.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Subscribed. It's very disruptive to my sleep.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Quote Originally Posted by derek7m View Post
    this used to happen to me all the time

(think I had a post about it years ago)

I never bought anything for it, just tried to train myself to sleep a certain way.

Sounds weird, but it worked.
    ^^it takes time but you can do it and it works....

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Use 2 pillows, put one under the arm your head will be on,
    than another pillow over the arm between your head and arm.

Like this

(,.) Head
    ~~~~ Pillow (head looks like its chopped off, terrible diagram I know)
    ==== Arm
    ~~~~ Pillow
    --Bed--

Its most likely not circulation being cut off, you are putting pressure on a single nerve with your head.
    Or you are twisting your arm in a way, than putting pressure on your arm with your head that is adding more twist to again pinch the nerve and stop it from sending messages to your brain (which will feel like a loss of circulation when its really not)

I think people commonly misuse the term "loss of circulation" w/out realizing its actually just nerves. I sleep fine with my arm in a pillow sandwich and than my head on top of the sandwich. This stops my head from resting on any nerves on my arm, problem solved.

Surreal is offline Associate Member
    Try to tell yourself, instruct your brain, ingrain into your mind to absolutely not let your body cover your hands while sleeping. Your subconscious just might listen, and keep your hands in place as you zzz.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    when you wake up to a numb hand
    masturbate immediatly
    feels like someone else is touching your junk
    "The Stranger"

Zino is offline Associate Member
    My little finger gets numb every night, not usually the whole hand. I always thought it was because my arm flexes itself when i bring it under my chin so my bicep and forearm someway pinched a nerve after a while so this is another way to see it. Sometimes I wake up with an arm pump but Ive noticed hugging a pillow does work.

Zino is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    masturbate immediatly
    "The Stranger"
    I tried that once but my hand wasnt numb enough, I was too sleepy to enjoy it and it only lasted about 15 seconds until i got feeling back...

get a memory foam mattress and pillows, or a latex one

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i do this constantly! i put my arm under the pillow and head on top of the pillow and wake up a few times a night with that shit going on.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    i have this same problem... i think its mostly from too firm of a mattress or factors like that...

i'm at a COP in iraq, and have just a coat to sleep on, no support and my arms go numb alot.. ... somebody told me if i drink more water, and use a second pillow that it would go away...and it worked

i duno if they were direct cause and effect by i will say it worked.... hope it helped alittle

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    Use 2 pillows, put one under the arm your head will be on,
    than another pillow over the arm between your head and arm.

Like this

(,.) Head
    ~~~~ Pillow (head looks like its chopped off, terrible diagram I know)
    ==== Arm
    ~~~~ Pillow
    --Bed--

Its most likely not circulation being cut off, you are putting pressure on a single nerve with your head.
    Or you are twisting your arm in a way, than putting pressure on your arm with your head that is adding more twist to again pinch the nerve and stop it from sending messages to your brain (which will feel like a loss of circulation when its really not)

I think people commonly misuse the term "loss of circulation" w/out realizing its actually just nerves. I sleep fine with my arm in a pillow sandwich and than my head on top of the sandwich. This stops my head from resting on any nerves on my arm, problem solved.
    Thanks for your post. I like your diagram actually. I will try it tonight, God-Willing.

I have tried to force myself to sleep without putting my arm under my head, but I still manage to do it in my sleep.

There was this device--it was just like a strap you put around your arm--which is supposed to prevent this from happening...I saw it on one of the magazines on the plane...maybe it was from Sharper Image? I don't remember, argh! Let me check the Sharper Image website.

But I'll try what you just said. You think that two pillows makes you put less pressure on your arm?

And you're probably right about the nerve vs circulation thing. I'm amazingly stupid when it comes to stuff that wasn't spoon-fed to us in medical school. I remember having a hard time telling the difference between a cold and a flu, LOL, even though I can tell you what Phenylketonuria is, haha. (I know the difference now between a cold and a flu, although I didn't find it in any of the books I use!)
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 03-08-2009 at 11:29 PM.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post
    Thanks for your post. I like your diagram actually. I will try it tonight, God-Willing.

I have tried to force myself to sleep without putting my arm under my head, but I still manage to do it in my sleep.

There was this device--it was just like a strap you put around your arm--which is supposed to prevent this from happening...I saw it on one of the magazines on the plane...maybe it was from Sharper Image? I don't remember, argh! Let me check the Sharper Image website.

But I'll try what you just said. You think that two pillows makes you put less pressure on your arm?

And you're probably right about the nerve vs circulation thing. I'm amazingly stupid when it comes to stuff that wasn't spoon-fed to us in medical school. I remember having a hard time telling the difference between a cold and a flu, LOL, even though I can tell you what Phenylketonuria is, haha. (I know the difference now between a cold and a flu, although I didn't find it in any of the books I use!)

Medical school? haha, maybe I'm wrong than.
    I don't think I could sleep with a strap on but if the pillows don't work I imagine theres not many choices left.
    Especially if you're able to move back into that position when you're already asleep.
    Once I'm out I move around a bit but its never woken me up before. Maybe you can handcuff your arm to a bed rail and tie your head down with a weight? Kind like they did in exorcist?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    This should be a very simple answer for you buffedguy, guess you need more rotations....LOL

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    happens to me all the time as well. toss and turn all night

AnimalGear is offline Little Monster in the making
    happened once or twice. I could take it or leave it.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Happened to me once, I slept at my wrist.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    masturbate immediatly
    "The Stranger"
    lol...

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post
    Anyone else have this problem? I always end up sleeping on my arms. I remember once seeing a thing you could wrap around your arm so that it would protect the circulation. Anyone know what I'm talking about or where I could get something like this?
    i have the same prob... cant seem to figure it out, so i just live with it

Thread Information