PIGPEN8181 is offline Member

Too sick to train?

Does anyone ever get sick as in fever, migranes, cold, etc. Do you still go to the gym and deal with it, or do you take off however long it takes to get better so you have a good workout, and Does anyone still take their supplements and eat right when your sick?

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    people tougher than me do. I fall apart when I am sick. I missed all last we and ate like poop

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    It is not good to workout when you are sick because you make all the people at the gym sick........it happens, last I check we are all human

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    It is not good to workout when you are sick because you make all the people at the gym sick........it happens, last I check we are all human
    whens the last time you checked?

i don't, not only to not make people sick, but because nothing good can come from it. you're just making your body tired when it needs to fight off bacteria, and a few days off won't kill you

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    what if you don't like anyone at your gym?

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I usually miss a week at the gym when I get sick. I use that week to rest, once I get back to the gym I feel better and stronger.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    I can't do anything for at least a month. Being sick sucks, and you should stay home and rest.

moregunsthanroses is offline Associate Member
    No I don't workout when I have a cold or the flu although it depends on how bad it is.

I've been back hitting the weights for a month now, while suffering from chronic fatigue, while I get postexertional fatigue/malaise.

The Level of impairment of CFS is comparable to things like Multiple sclerosis, Late stage AIDS, rheumatoid arthritis, and effects of chemotherapy. Although it can vary greatly.

When I put it like that yes I still workout while being sick. It's work out in this condition or dont do it at all.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    the last 2 times i had a head cold i still workedout and it actually made me feel better for a couple of hours or so but with flu and temp no i would not.

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    personally, i rarely get sick and when i do, it's just a stuffed up nose or slight cough for a couple days so i still hit up the gym. well, except for like a month and a half ago. ate some undercooked deer meat and had the shits like no other for a couple days. skipped one of my workouts then, not because i felt bad, but because i was worried that if i tried to lift something i would shit myself at the gym.

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    When I get sick, I turn into an elderly woman. I don't push it, I usually take 2/3 days off completely, then I'll go and do cardio for a couple days then usually a full week by the time I hit weights again. I hate it, but I usually come back better than before.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    I over trained today I have headache... back day!

Thread Information