BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member

Zeitgeist Movement..

Anyone have anyone information on it? A couple of old friends have been bugging the shit out of me to check it out. I'm normally not into new age religion and I don't really know if I want to listen to this cat for 2hrs. But my hunger for knowledge has me a bit intriqued.

Anybody have any info?

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Never heard of it lol, is it something to do with this??

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    loose change i believe spoke of it

luxifer93 is offline Senior Member
    I like the one on the Fed Res

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Its not about new age religion so much as origin of religion, government, and socioeconomics. Well worth the watch tho. The original and the addendum. Bits of the addendum at somewhat are fetched and youll see bits about a resource based economy that I cant really take to seriously, at least not right now but it was an eye opener in a few ways and it as at the very least pretty thought provoking. Recommended.

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the heads up I'll watch this tonight.

The Zeitgeist Movement: Orientation Presentation - 1:37:08: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...87043163636261

Info: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

Last edited by Voice of Reason; 03-10-2009 at 03:38 AM.

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMArmour View Post
    Its not about new age religion so much as origin of religion, government, and socioeconomics. Well worth the watch tho. The original and the addendum. Bits of the addendum at somewhat are fetched and youll see bits about a resource based economy that I cant really take to seriously, at least not right now but it was an eye opener in a few ways and it as at the very least pretty thought provoking. Recommended.
    "The word "zeitgeist" describes the intellectual, cultural, ethical and political climate, ambiance and morals of an era or also a trend in the world. In German, the word has more layers of meaning than the English translation, including the fact that Zeitgeist can only be observed for past events."

Last edited by Voice of Reason; 03-09-2009 at 05:12 PM.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think you need to be open minded and a free thinker to check it out. got some interesting perspectives and angles on different things. It has opinion mixed in with pretty solid facts, so you need to be a little analytical and critical when processing it to decipher the opinions and the persuasions. but i think that all things (that are suppose to be informative) are like that anyway.... I just wouldn't get into it like it was some revelation or something... Some people get too carried away with those things...just my 2cents bro.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    i would not waste my time on this crap.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    I remember watching this when it first came out. I watched the religion part and I was like "wow that's amazing!" So I paused it, did a bit of research, turns out most of what the movie says is pretty deceptive. I stopped watching after that.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    I showed part I to my professor (dr. who teaches philosophy, history, and 2 religion courses) who is one of the smartest guys I know, prob in his early 60s.

I knew he would be the best person to show it to because hes gotta be the smartest man I know.
    He said that its not academically accurate, that a lot of the facts are presented in a way that misrepresents a scholarly point of view, and that there are a lot of assumptions presented as facts. I forgot exactly how he worded it but his basic gist was the movie was full of holes and fallacies of reasoning, and that certain concepts are flat out lies.
    We only talked about it for 15mins but I haven't watched partII because he is one of the most centered out of the box thinkers I know, I value his opinion too much. He never has been one to take sides and when he started referencing books that he wanted me to read so I can see for myself I was like "fvck it, I guess Zeitgiest is a lot of anti-govermental/religous hype".(in my head lol) Still a great movie though to watch at least once, if anything to make you question things you think you know.
    Last edited by Bojangles69; 03-09-2009 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69;448***8
    I showed part I to my professor (dr. who teaches philosophy, history, and 2 religion courses) who is one of the smartest guys I know, prob in his early 60s.

I knew he would be the best person to show it to because hes gotta be the smartest man I know.
    He said that its not academically accurate, that a lot of the facts are presented in a way that misrepresents a scholarly point of view, and that there are a lot of assumptions presented as facts. I forgot exactly how he worded it but his basic gist was the movie was full of holes and fallacies of reasoning, and that certain concepts are flat out lies.
    We only talked about it for 15mins but I haven't watched partII because he is one of the most centered out of the box thinkers I know, I value his opinion too much. He never has been one to take sides and when he started referencing books that he wanted me to read so I can see for myself I was like "fvck it, I guess Zeitgiest is a lot of anti-govermental/religous hype".(in my head lol) Still a great movie though to watch at least once, if anything to make you question things you think you know.
    only when presented to me by multiple qualified academic sources. not some guy with a high school diploma.

ray0414 is offline Member
    i watched it and i liked it. the main point of the movie is about global government i believe. and them wanting to like put micro chips in us, been a while since i seen it. its about how governments create something to make us live a certain way ( it tries to show that religion was created to control people to keep us from getting too out of hand). i think the movie also talks about the new currency they want to create (the amero) which woudl replace the dollar and be the only currence for all of north america.

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    only when presented to me by multiple qualified academic sources. not some guy with a high school diploma.
    you mean a 22yr old on a mac with video editing software living in his moms basement, isn't a reliable source for info?

luxifer93 is offline Senior Member
    There's some factual information in there, some of it is unsubstantiated, but the bottom line is people need to question what the f'k our government is up to.

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    If you're open minded, watch it. To those who say it's full of holes and not 100% truthful, the same can be said for the news. So I say watch it and then form your own decisions, I do believe the guy has the right message and I believe all his main ideas are somewhat true, the minor details can be a bit washy but if you believe everything you see then you may be handicapped in the first place.

No harm in watching it.

Overhaulz is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chode Logan View Post
    If you're open minded, watch it. To those who say it's full of holes and not 100% truthful, the same can be said for the news. So I say watch it and then form your own decisions, I do believe the guy has the right message and I believe all his main ideas are somewhat true, the minor details can be a bit washy but if you believe everything you see then you may be handicapped in the first place.

No harm in watching it.

Exactly. There is no harm in watching it at all. And to the guy who said he wouldn't waste his time on this crap, you sure waste your time posting a lot on these forums, so why not give the movie a shot? You might learn something from it. I think everyone that watches it does.

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    i would not waste my time on this crap.
    Co-signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
    you mean a 22yr old on a mac with video editing software living in his moms basement, isn't a reliable source for info?
    only if its me. i use a hp laptop though, btw.

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    educated people, educate themselves by being open minded and forming there own opinions based on things that they themselves read, watch and listen to.

i watched the film awhile ago. and yes there are a handful of interesting facts AND opinions in the film.

this is one persons opinion loosely based on facts, forming his opinions and presenting them as facts.

its a conspiracy film based on topics from religious belief to the corruption of the U.S. government.

the film is full of holes but worth watching if your into this kind of stuff.

just my $0.02

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I wasted two hours on this several years ago.

AnimalGear is offline Little Monster in the making
    Google it...you'll get a lot better info than asking ppl here...

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalGear View Post
    Google it...you'll get a lot better info than asking ppl here...
    The link was sent to me by a friend. I just wanted other's input on it. I found the Christianity part very intriguing. I consider myself a Christian but I don't necessarily believe in the story, but I believe the message (if that makes sense). The 9/11 stuff was a little too consipiracy theory type shit for me. I haven't watched the entire fed part yet, but so far it seem pretty compelling.

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scerpico22 View Post
    educated people, educate themselves by being open minded and forming there own opinions based on things that they themselves read, watch and listen to.

i watched the film awhile ago. and yes there are a handful of interesting facts AND opinions in the film.

this is one persons opinion loosely based on facts, forming his opinions and presenting them as facts.

its a conspiracy film based on topics from religious belief to the corruption of the U.S. government.

the film is full of holes but worth watching if your into this kind of stuff.

just my $0.02
    Bro, you bring up good points, and I'm not saying you are 100% incorrect. I just know that when you study any conspiracy theorist's works, they almost always seem compelling, because they juxtapose the facts in just such a way. If, for example, you read a conspiracy theorist's work claiming that the mafia killed JFK, it will all look pretty compelling; but if you read another conspiracy theorist who puts the blame on the FBI, then that too seems compelling.

So I agree with you that intelligent people should read widely without just being spoon-fed. I'm on board with you on that. But I also think that intelligent people should be extra cautious when it comes to such stuff, and they should know that stuff sounds convincing when they present it in this way, but that doesn't mean that it is. It takes a long time to fact-check and to know the counter-refutations.

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post
    Bro, you bring up good points, and I'm not saying you are 100% incorrect. I just know that when you study any conspiracy theorist's works, they almost always seem compelling, because they juxtapose the facts in just such a way. If, for example, you read a conspiracy theorist's work claiming that the mafia killed JFK, it will all look pretty compelling; but if you read another conspiracy theorist who puts the blame on the FBI, then that too seems compelling.

So I agree with you that intelligent people should read widely without just being spoon-fed. I'm on board with you on that. But I also think that intelligent people should be extra cautious when it comes to such stuff, and they should know that stuff sounds convincing when they present it in this way, but that doesn't mean that it is. It takes a long time to fact-check and to know the counter-refutations.
    thats pretty much my point...well said.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    edit...

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    anyone heard of the chemtrails????

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness

I fail to see how this movie is "conspiracy theory", yet religion is not? Isn't religion a conspiracy theory aswell? In some form, yes. Just because a bunch of gullable people believe it, and it's the majority, doesn't stop it from being a "conspiracy" aswell.

fyi thats a double negative meaning you agree with the point trying to be disproven, lol.

Gears is offline Member
    Because research and self-education is compeletely inferior to our American schooling systems. I'm college educated and I don't see the problem with finding information on your own, nor how it's less credible than when it's taught sitting in a desk. Also, are you trying to gauge general intelligence by level of education? I hope whatever education you do have, it's taught you more than to look down upon others.

Thread Information