Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member

Deleted.........

deleted...................
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 03-12-2009 at 01:29 AM. Reason: multiple reasons

StritationOrBust is offline Associate Member
    Yea, well if hes so holy now that he doesn't want to make money from those jokes why doesn't he give all the money he made from them to charity. Including all the royalties hes getting from the shows still running.

Face it, the guy went crazy for a little while because he couldn't handle the stress and pressure of all the fame. I doubt it actually had much to do with becoming islamic.

Peace be unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by StritationOrBust View Post
    Yea, well if hes so holy now that he doesn't want to make money from those jokes why doesn't he give all the money he made from them to charity. Including all the royalties hes getting from the shows still running.
    David Chappelle said: "I haven't spent any of the money" and that he will "donate half of the DVD sales to charity.[23]" (source)

Face it, the guy went crazy for a little while because he couldn't handle the stress and pressure of all the fame. I doubt it actually had much to do with becoming islamic.
    Yes, the chattels of fame and wealth did get to him, but for spiritual reasons. As a Muslim who knows many people with access to him, I know that he left it all for religion and spirituality. He did not go crazy at all, but rather vehemently denied the accusation. He said: "There were things that overwhelmed me, but not in the way that people are saying...All that stuff about partying and taking crack is not true. Why do I live on a farm in Ohio? To support my partying lifestyle?"

Dave Chappelle said quite clearly about his trip to Africa: "This is kind of my spot where I can come to fill my spirit back up. Sometimes you neglect these things if you are running on a corporate schedule." (source)

So we have the explicit reason why he left for Africa from his own mouth, namely that it was a "spiritual retreat" in order that he "could fill...[his] spirit back up".

Like I told you, we met him at the ISNA convention, and there is no truth to the claim that he went crazy. Rather, he is trying to become spiritual like his brother.

I want to conclude by saying that I do not wish to limit this thread to being some sort of victory for Islam; rather, I think it is a nice story about spirituality in general, for people of all faiths.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 03-11-2009 at 03:32 AM.

Another indication of why he left can be seen by the fact that he has now signed on to the project "Allah made me funny", a group of Muslim comedians, who keep their jokes clean and try to have a positive message:

http://karim.co.za/blog/2007/07/27/d...m-comedy-film/

(Having said that, I don't think the group is funny at all.)

Dave Chappelle is not as solid in Islamic practice as his brother William, but he is working on himself, and I pray that he is successful in battling his demons.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 03-11-2009 at 03:44 AM.

luxifer93 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by luxifer93 View Post
    Yeah a lot of his stuff is. That one is really funny.

But I think that vulgarity is something that he needs to be careful of. I think one of the best comedians ever was Bill Cosby, who was hilarious and also appropriate. Will Smith's Fresh Prince wasn't bad either.

What's Dar ad-Dawah?

Quote Originally Posted by luxifer93 View Post
    What's Dar ad-Dawah?
    Answered that here, bro:

The Unofficial "Ask a Muslim" Thread.

chicmagnet is offline Senior Member
    Buffed I really believe it's a case of the blind leading the blind into the pit. Bible says "woe unto them that add to or take from the word of God" and thats exactly whats been done.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post
    Answered that here, bro:

The Unofficial "Ask a Muslim" Thread.
    Thanks.

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah, yeah....whatever....bottom line is he aint funny no mo!!!

couldnt handle the pressure and folded....wuss...

what, you mean i dont get my 50 million cuz i went crazy??

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    So??? how much money has been donated to the Christian church or the Catholic church???

What's the point of this thread?? If he truly loved Muhammad wouldn't he earn that money then give it away?? to advance that religious teaching??

I don't get it...
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

this is not a stage to preach on...it is an AAS board. Granted this is the lounge but c'mon man...

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    ^^Where's the preaching?

Where did BuffedGuy say 'you MUST convert to Islam my brothers'?

I don't see it.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Man, Dave use to be cool

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    All I have to say is this sucks.

Dave was funny as sht.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    I would've said yes

Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    ^^Where's the preaching?

Where did BuffedGuy say 'you MUST convert to Islam my brothers'?

I don't see it.
    its very discreetly hidden under the title of the thread and with in the subject matter...

and by far not his first thread of this nature...

JMHO

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    buffedguy, i'm a big supporter of you, and how you teach islam..

but david chapelle did not leave the show only because of his religious believes... The truth about him making the Hajj is true.. and religion might have played a part in his views.. but he has said many of times he didn't like people remembering him only for "i'm rick james b*tch" and he felt his racial jokes were only funny to white people off the show..

If Islam was his only reason for living the show, He has been Muslim for a long time, he was never opened up about it because "I didn't want a beautiful religion being related to my comedy" if he left the show only based on a religion he had since the begining of the show then he would have stopped tellling the jokes also.. but he hasn't. He still does stand up comedy with the same jokes. He just didn't like the way his show was being looked at by others..

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    I was under the impression he was mentally ill... guess not...

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Im under the impression he felt guilty for so much success and is seeking the convenience of the moral shelter of religion where people believe it is possible to wash your soul clean of your misdeeds simply by confessing them. Nah. Im not buying it. Any of it. Im athiest for many reasons and stuff like this pushes me farther away from ever wanting to have a relationship with "god".

People were funny before chappelle, they will be funny after him.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Who??

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Who??
    me mate, dangerous dave.

Blog Entries
    I once turned down sex with a one legged hooker..

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Another awesome thing ruined by religion.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    what a crock of shit. IF he truly means all this, he would not have a dime in possession of any money he has made off the show.

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    I like the one where Tyrone Biggums goes on Fear Factor with Joe Rogan 5/5 on the funny scale!

Surreal is offline Associate Member
    Mr. Chappelle is free to live his life however he please. While his comedy was amusing, his personal life, like that of any other two bit celebrity, is not particularly worth examining. As for Saladin's story, I'm completely uninspired by it . . . I'm staying an atheist. Sorry bro!

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    On Oprah he said he turned down the money because the producers of his show wanted more control of his sketch comedy. He wanted to continue to branch out but they wanted him to continue the same stereotypical characters like Rick James, the black/white supremecist Clayton Bixby, etc.

Dave has been a Muslim for years. I don't think he embrace of Islam while in college has nothing to do with his decision to turn down this much money.

And he did have a mental breakdown.

Peace be unto you, Spywizard.

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    So??? how much money has been donated to the Christian church or the Catholic church???
    There is no doubt about that.

Like I said earlier:
    I want to conclude by saying that I do not wish to limit this thread to being some sort of victory for Islam; rather, I think it is a nice story about spirituality in general, for people of all faiths.

What's the point of this thread?? If he truly loved Muhammad wouldn't he earn that money then give it away?? to advance that religious teaching??
    Well, according to the religion, his money earned through such comedy would be considered tainted with sin.

Quote Originally Posted by scerpico22 View Post
    this is not a stage to preach on...it is an AAS board. Granted this is the lounge but c'mon man...

I agree with you. I made a mistake posting this thread. I should've posted this in my "Ask a Muslim" thread. I shan't do this again. I was trying to limit all my "preaching" to that one single thread, and I made a mistake by posting this in another thread. Apologies to the board members. I do realize now that this could be seen as obnoxious by others. I'll limit by shenanigans to my "Ask a Muslim" thread, since I think that's the most unobtrusive way of spreading awareness of the faith.

I don't actually mean to preach, just spread awareness. But yeah, I'll limit it to my thread from now on forth, God-Willing. Mods, please kill this thread if that's ok according to the rules.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 03-11-2009 at 04:10 PM.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by scerpico22 View Post
    I dont believe AAS has anything to do with spirituality.

Because in the end......who is the better person? a steroid user. Or a devout christian with an eating problem/obesity? see what I'm getting at. its not for you to judge. Especially if users believe it not to be sinful

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    BuffedGuy dont sweat this fool. You can talk about wtf you want to talk about where ever you want to talk about it. Hey scerpico....the thread obviously had a religious overtone if you read the thread title..if you dont like it, dont click. And if you click, and dont like it, shut the **** up.

Quote Originally Posted by MMArmour View Post
    BuffedGuy dont sweat this fool. You can talk about wtf you want to talk about where ever you want to talk about it. Hey scerpico....the thread obviously had a religious overtone if you read the thread title..if you dont like it, dont click. And if you click, and dont like it, shut the **** up.
    Thanks, I appreciate your words of support. But I think I need to be respectful of the needs of others, and I don't want to be that obnoxious guy who floods boards with religious threads. I have my thread where I can post anything I want, and I'll just make use of that.

But again, thank you for your words.

Blog Entries
    I love it when you get angry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate your words of support. But I think I need to be respectful of the needs of others, and I don't want to be that obnoxious guy who floods boards with religious threads. I have my thread where I can post anything I want, and I'll just make use of that.

But again, thank you for your words.
    BuffedGuy come and join us in the hot ass thread...

Hey MMArmour, I made a simple comment about the thread to BuffedGuy. I was not rude nor out of place and in fact Buffed kind of agreed with me. Buffed has posted plenty of interesting threads and that's why I clicked...its just he has posted a few religious type threads and I simply made an observation of which I doubt he needs you to come to his defense.

besides, i owe you no explanation as to why i opened, read and commented on the thread...so in the meantime, why don you go play bodyguard elsewhere and YOU shut the FVCK UP!

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    I really can't stand these people that wait until they get rich before they "find religion".

After you no longer struggle for money you start to think, "hey life isn't just money" then you wonder if there's a hell or not so you claim religion. GIVE ME A BREAK!

I will remember dave chappelle for the funny ass skits he did on the Chappelle Show, not him backing out after getting rich enough to never need to work again. It doesn't upset me, it just makes me shake my head. It's not even like he did a bad thing, no crimes are committed because of the Chappelle shows material. He made racism funny, which it is.

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Can I come too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information