Lots of trouble sleeping

It takes me sometimes 2-3 hrs to fall asleep every night. I guess I just can't " turn my thoughts off." It's been this way for a long time, not quite sure what to do. Tylenol p.m. and that kind of otc stuff doesn't really make a huge difference. Any suggestions? p.s. not on any gear right now or anything. Thanks.

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    Try benedryl

^^^ Thanks, have you or anyone else tried maybe a ZMA type supplement? Will that help at all?

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Hold your head under water for 1 hour, works a treat...

higherdesire is offline Banned
    Stay up later.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Hold your head under water for 1 hour, works a treat...
    Great, anyone have a Jibberish to English dictionary I can borrow? Truthfully, I get so frustrated with this sleeping problem some nights I'm not too far off from something like that.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    try thinking about nothing but the color black, after 5 minutes if you can do it successfully you should be asleep or almost asleep. It helps turn the brain off

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey I have the same problem . It bothers me to . I too use the OTC sleeping aids . I used to have to use them every single night . I highly recommend against that. It may be OTC but I literally had to have it all the time . Not anymore though I just go till I feeel like I'm tired then try to sleep if I don't feel llike I can in a few minutes then I turn the T.V. back on .... And so on . I feel we just really have to tune into how our body is feeeling . Good luck and good night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Try not to focus to much on the male penis....

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Try not to focus to much on the male penis....
    UR A FUNNY FUCER-REALLY!!
    TRY SOME MELATONIN,BENADRYL(WAS MENTIONED EARLIER) OR A COMBO
    NO NAPS-GET UP EARLY-STAY UP LATER-DAMN ALL THE ABOVE

Blog Entries
    Has he gone, he must have fallen asleep...

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    A lot of it's probably in your head. In my early 20's I went through a spell of it also.

Laying there.....looking at the clock......doing the math.......I can get 7 hours of sleep.....okay 6 hours.......5 hours....so on.

I don't go to bed until I'm tired. Your body will sleep when it needs, it's natural.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    A lot of it's probably in your head. In my early 20's I went through a spell of it also.

Laying there.....looking at the clock......doing the math.......I can get 7 hours of sleep.....okay 6 hours.......5 hours....so on.

I don't go to bed until I'm tired. Your body will sleep when it needs, it's natural.
    Yeah, I suppose it will level out eventually. Thanks guys. Even Mad Matt I guess.

subaruwrx04 is offline Associate Member
    Get the off brand tylenol pm pills.. Works like a treat...

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by subaruwrx04 View Post
    Get the off brand tylenol pm pills.. Works like a treat...
    And ruin your liver.

No habit forming sleep aids are the safest way to take a pill to sleep.

^^^ any will work?

subaruwrx04 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah pretty much.. I usually got to target and get there brand..

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Buy a lb of fresh passion fllower leaves off ebay. Do not buy the shitty ass pills from GNC or bullshyt teas they make. Buy it raw and pure, make tea out of it yourself (about 1/4 cup chopped dry leaves), there is no way you won't fall asleep trust me (unless the leaves are old read feedback from the seller)

I use to have issues sleeping and theres tons of meds you can take but ideally you want to do it naturally.
    When I started doing landscaping 8 hours a day than working out afterwards, I would come home and be ready to sleep around 7pm.
    I would venture to believe this has nothing to do with your thoughts keeping you awake. Your body is awake and you can't sleep so YOU WILL THINK. Thinking is the product of not being able to physically fall asleep.
    If you are tired, you can think your ass to oblivion and it won't matter, you WILL sleep.

Dont take OTC pills they suck. Diphenhydramine HCL will have you drowsy as shit in the morning and it can last easily till noon or later. Ambien never made me drowsy in the morning, nor did xanax, and they're more powerful than OTC diphen products.

I wouldnt even bother with melotonin, youd be better off taking a sugar pill. And lastly a good theanine compound like Theanine Serene or Pyschotropin will help A LOT before bed, but you will get a tolerance in a few weeks and it will stop working like most things.

Imagine yourself as a battery that is charging every night but not emptying enough volts during the day to need a recharge the following night. It doesn't mean you can sleep less, it means your body will want to enlarge the normal 24hour cycle.
    Like right now if days were 36 hours you prob would sleep like a baby at night.

But they're not, so if you want sleep early, work on tiring your body out. For me if I'm not doing some sort of physical labor (not including gym) for 5-6 hours I will have issues sleeping. Usually I get around 8-10hours of physical labor. If I was sitting in an office all day though I might just get 2 hours of physical labor.

So look at your daily schedule and realize sleep at night is by making adjustments during the day, not right before you fall asleep, unless you wanna get hooked on sleeping pills like a lot of people do.
    G/luck!

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    cranking one out puts me right to bed

Thread Information