jnewton86 is offline Member

Business & Bodybuilding

i was jobless for about 3 months, all i did was cook my meals and wkout, lived off my savings. Now i work 6 am to 3pm, come home and take a nap, wake up and wkout and go to bed after i get all my meals of course.

I was able to focus much more on BB when i was jobless obviously

So my question is, are there any fellow career minded bodybuilders here that have businesses? i want to pursue BB full time but in order to do so need enough income and time to devote myself to it. If any of you have tried to pursue bodybuilding as far as you could feel free to add any input on how you made things work between making a living and pursuing BB

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    It takes discipline, dedication, and some creativity and imagination.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    this is what I do. Find a job that pays well where you can set you're own hours. I hit the gym twice a day.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    i was workn at a supplement place, i ate when i wanted n it was a lax job so i could recover but i was hardly payn the bills

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Most bodybuilders work. It's not easy, neither is bodybuilding. I own a small commercial roofing company and work 90% of the time with the employees on the roof. I do have lots of spare time in the winter which serves as my off season, for bulking. It's hard for me to add size during the summer season, but not impossible. One advantage is, if Im planning a summer or fall competition, I don't have to do cardio because the work is so intense.

HOLLYWOOD.JACK is offline Associate Member
    Work out at home You ALWAYS want to go home, but dont ALWAYS want to stop by at the gym - having a home gym would mean extra motivation.

countrybhoy is offline Associate Member
    i tried the home gym thing . it didnt work for me . i need the noise and the companionship around round . friends pushing you a bit futher than you want to go . and being there to stop you getting hurt . if anyone here can say that they never need a bar lifted from thier chest id love to meet them .

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    It takes discipline, dedication, and some creativity and imagination.
    i absolutely agree. i believe owning your own business requires sacrifice, as does bodybuilding. That is why i ask this question. How about you business owners, how did you get started, i have no capital and not nearly enough credit to start anything, no family members will lend( not too smart i think) ??

Ive reached a point where i realize i need to do something in order to go after BB professionally, a business will be essential

higherdesire is offline Banned
    Obtain immigrant status and get all that free money that is then available to you and you won't have to work so walah you have your dream. It is really pretty easy to do. (Before I take any crap for this post google W.A.I.T program and CARIBE as examples.)

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    You could work at a gym and/or as a personal trainer. You basically set your own hours, it pays ok (depending on how good you are), and you are at a gym ALL day.

Karo is offline Associate Member
    I own a small company in the service business with 3 employees. I sometimes train in the morning before work. I get to the gym at 5:30am and i'm home, showered and out the door by 8am. Other days I train in the afternoon at all different times. Basically whenever I get done with work. I don't really work in Jan, Feb and March so I have plenty of time to spend in the gym during this time of year. In the summer we're very busy and it gets harder for me but I always make time.
    One thing that helps me a lot is that I ALWAYS make food for the day the night before. That way all I have to do is grab the tupperware container on my way out the door the next morning. Leaving for work without food is just setting yourself up for failure (dieting).

see, i have my food down, i eat every 2-3 hours and pre make my food the day before as KARO mentioned, my job allows me a lunch and two 15min breaks so eating isnt a problem, money is the issue. Im curious how you guys got started with your business, how'd you go about it? i dont have enough credit to do much so

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by jnewton86 View Post
    i absolutely agree. i believe owning your own business requires sacrifice, as does bodybuilding. That is why i ask this question. How about you business owners, how did you get started, i have no capital and not nearly enough credit to start anything, no family members will lend( not too smart i think) ??

Ive reached a point where i realize i need to do something in order to go after BB professionally, a business will be essential
    i maybe lost but you want to start your own business so you have more free time to BB?

I have my own business and it takes more time then working for someone else. Your day isn't done at 5. And if you are starting a new business lol. If you want it to be successful don't do it unless you have the time to devote to it.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    i maybe lost but you want to start your own business so you have more free time to BB?

I have my own business and it takes more time then working for someone else. Your day isn't done at 5. And if you are starting a new business lol. If you want it to be successful don't do it unless you have the time to devote to it.
    i agree with you to an extent. im sure your aware that the concept is to create residual income so that money is not an issue. some businesses can be ran by employees while others such as doctors, accountants, and so forth require your actual presence day in and day out. I want to create a business that works for me without me, of course i will oversee the operations and this is the long term goal of the business, i am aware that it takes some time to get a business to this point.

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm lucky when it comes to work and bodybuilding because my work is heavily involved with bodybuilding and sports so I am always surrounded with what I love. I devote almost all my time to training and working and with my girlfriend in the mix I don’t really have time for anything else. The most important things for me to do is always fitting my diet in my work days, which is why I installed a big fridge in the corner of my office, and getting the right amount of sleep. You definitely need to make sacrifices and be very discipline to successfully accomplish your goals in business and bodybuilding.

you my friend ( kaberele 15) have a job i want!

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    you my friend ( kaberele 15) have a job i want!
    Trust me it's more work than you'd like

if your involved in the bb industry, have time to train and eat, thats all i need

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    i agree with you to an extent. im sure your aware that the concept is to create residual income so that money is not an issue. some businesses can be ran by employees while others such as doctors, accountants, and so forth require your actual presence day in and day out. I want to create a business that works for me without me, of course i will oversee the operations and this is the long term goal of the business, i am aware that it takes some time to get a business to this point.
    such a business does not exist without a lot of work.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i don't have my own bus but my job is great for working out eating and sleeping

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Look at Mark Dugdale...He's a senior leader at his company and still finds time to be a pro.

Having money for food / drugs is clearly important to get to the "freak" level, but in his case, he has built a life that is completely separated from BB'ing.

He has a family, kids, and a successful business.

I think you are going to be much happier and better off in the long run if you make a life and THEN try to slot BB'ing in.

You'll figure out what gaps it fills instead of trying to use your entire life to fill the gaps BB'ing can't service. You'll be a much more complete person with the former approach.

Good luck bro.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    such a business does not exist without a lot of work.
    I agree 100%. Every business owners goal is eventually being able to step back and have the business be able to run with out you. But most arent able to.

Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    Look at Mark Dugdale...He's a senior leader at his company and still finds time to be a pro.

Having money for food / drugs is clearly important to get to the "freak" level, but in his case, he has built a life that is completely separated from BB'ing.

He has a family, kids, and a successful business.

I think you are going to be much happier and better off in the long run if you make a life and THEN try to slot BB'ing in.

You'll figure out what gaps it fills instead of trying to use your entire life to fill the gaps BB'ing can't service. You'll be a much more complete person with the former approach.

Good luck bro.
    i will give that man props, i watched a vid of his that a member here posted and i dont know how he does it, i saw his setup at work ,but a family too, insane.

im still goin through college so i have that goin for me, i know ultimately though a business is the way to go

Thread Information