Surreal is offline Associate Member

Picking up chicks at the gym?

I workout at my university's gym, where there are always plenty of chicks huffing and puffing away on the treadmills and elliptical machines, but relatively few girls in the weight rooms. The weight room chicks are either with a boyfriend that can't even bench his own bodyweight, doing ab work in pairs, or in a pack looking for (and receiving plenty of) male attention.

While I've had a few girls in the weight room smile at me or initiate eye contact, I've never bothered to hit on or chat up any. As much as I like girls, there are better places for meeting chicks - places where they aren't already drowning in male attention (despite being a 6.5) and outnumbered 1 to 5.

Normally I prefer sticking to my weights, and refrain from excessive chit chat. However, let's say there's a cutie in the mix, and you just can't help yourself . . . how would you approach her given that she's already drowning in the male attention that she craves?
    Last edited by Surreal; 03-24-2009 at 06:20 AM.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Oh good god i need to stay away from this thread, to many flaming thoughts going on in my head..

ufcfighter4 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Oh good god i need to stay away from this thread, to many flaming thoughts going on in my head..
    Doe's this mean you are a flaming homo?

Who the hell is madmatt anyway

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ufcfighter4 View Post
    Doe's this mean you are a flaming homo?

Who the hell is madmatt anyway
    Nice try, i will tell you who mad matt is in 6 days...

Wtf, why is all this about you????

Blog Entries
    Wtf, why is all this about you????
    Seriously my friend ask me in just 6 days, however you may not post again for another two years..

Picked up a few psycho bîtches (or maybe "tgirls") at your local gym, I presume?

Seriously my friend ask me in just 6 days, however you may not post again for another two years..
    I don't want to wait six day ass munch, I want you to tell me now. I am not trying to make you a flamer but I want to no....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal View Post
    Picked up a few psycho bîtches (or maybe "tgirls") at your local gym, I presume?
    I havnt lol, although i am a little interested now to what people will advise cus i have been in a similar position at my gym, dukki will chime in anytime now, he's good when it comes to this stuff...

Blog Entries
    I don't want to wait six day ass munch, I want you to tell me now. I am not trying to make you a flamer but I want to no....
    You dont have to make me a flamer, im the master at that but ive promised i wont flame anyone for a whole week, this is day two...

You dont have to make me a flamer, im the master at that but ive promised i wont flame anyone for a whole week, this is day two...
    Why would you promise that?

Blog Entries
    Why would you promise that?
    Because i was flaming everyone that asked any questions, i guess it may have put some people off asking anything.. Im trying to prove that im a nice guy really..

Because i was flaming everyone that asked any questions, i guess it may have put some people off asking anything.. Im trying to prove that im a nice guy really..
    But your picture says you are a smart ass, but you act more like a dumb ass.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    I havnt lol, although i am a little interested now to what people will advise cus i have been in a similar position at my gym, dukki will chime in anytime now, he's good when it comes to this stuff...
    well i dont hit on chicks in the gym. the gym is my escape away from the rest of life.

and there are plenty of threads on this topic already. with lots of good advice....

check em out

how to pick up a chick at the gym.

Who has had luck picking up girls in the gym? ...not me...

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    well i dont hit on chicks in the gym. the gym is my escape away from the rest of life.

and there are plenty of threads on this topic already. with lots of good advice....

check em out

how to pick up a chick at the gym.

Who has had luck picking up girls in the gym? ...not me...
    After madmatt's comment, I was looking forward to some individualized guidance from you. LOL.

After madmatt's comment, I was looking forward to some individualized guidance from you. LOL.
    i havent had my coffee yet.

i dont feel like thinking that hard

lol

im taking this from NOVA cuz its almost exactly what i would say

what u guys really need to do is create a way you approach women every single time. practice it. it should work in every single instance, and it should be your go to move. it's important to have one so you don't EVER pass on an opportunity to grab a number or email. i see WUSSY guys all the time strike up a conversation without finishing. at the gym, the POLICY REMAINS UNCHANGED; be a man, and a gentleman. approach her when she isn't training, if she trains then leaves you have to make an effort to meet her at the door, comment about the weather or whatever, but don't interrupt her. and if you don't go to the gym at the same time everyday, you may have to make an extra effort to go in at the time she's there.

me, i don't try and hit on girls in the gym. that doesnt mean if a situation presents itself i pass it up. ive talked to girls in the gym before, and its totally platonic and i enjoy those relationships.

another thing. too many guys see "picking up girls" as a one time thing. it isn't and in my experience it works best in time. say hi. next time, ask her a question (or better yet her opinion on something), next time ask what her goals are, why she's in the gym, show genuine interest in her self-improvement. and then next time say something like this, "you're pretty interesting to talk to in here, i wonder if youre this interesting outside the gym." take your time and let the correct time present itself to you. if it happens sooner, great, if not, it will.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Get on some high dose of test, take some cials, wear sweats and no underware to the gym. She'll notice you that way. If she likes it, she'll smile....if not, she'll look away.

Dukkit hit's it pretty good though. Most girls want guys to talk to them. The best part about a gym girl, you are going to see her again. You don't have to close that day.

The best thing about girls now days, is texting. It's made hooking up with girls so much easier. They are far more comfortable texting than talking to you.

Chat her up, some gym talk. Think of a reason to get her number.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    When she is doing laying hamstring curls....walk by and ask "Can I get on that next?"

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    When she is doing laying hamstring curls....walk by and ask "Can I get on that next?"
    Why don't you just say "girl you must be tired because you have been working out in my mind all day long"

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    Get on some high dose of test, take some cials, wear sweats and no underware to the gym. She'll notice you that way. If she likes it, she'll smile....if not, she'll look away.

Dukkit hit's it pretty good though. Most girls want guys to talk to them. The best part about a gym girl, you are going to see her again. You don't have to close that day.

The best thing about girls now days, is texting. It's made hooking up with girls so much easier. They are far more comfortable texting than talking to you.

Chat her up, some gym talk. Think of a reason to get her number.
    dammit! i'm old school. Not that i love talking to stragers, but i have to to accomplish my goals, but i HATE texting and anything related to cell phones LOL

I have never seen a girl do hamstring curls at my gym. LOL. They're usually crunching away on the ab machine or doing oblique work thinking that it will flatten their waistlines. Keep in mind that I goto a gym where few dead or squat, and even fewer squat parallel or lower. With that said, while I'm pretty weak by the standards of this forum, I'm stronger than 97%+ of the guys at my gym. However, I'm not sure if that works to my benefit or against me. I've gotten some weird stares for doing weighted dips with 90lbs. Now if only I could refocus that attention into positive interest from chicks there!?

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    "Don't hang out... WORK OUT!"

(Wow, I should put that on a t-shirt...)

Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim View Post

id buy it

and wear it at the gym

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim View Post

id buy it

and wear it at the gym
    i'd wear it at the gym, while picking up chicks

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Chicks seem to be on defence mode when ther at the gym, i only know a few ppl that have gotn laid from a cardio bunny that he met at the gym. But it NEVER fails for me that if i take a sum cat to the gym with me im gona get sum tang(not the tasty drink)

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
    Chicks seem to be on defence mode when ther at the gym, i only know a few ppl that have gotn laid from a cardio bunny that he met at the gym. But it NEVER fails for me that if i take a sum cat to the gym with me im gona get sum tang(not the tasty drink)

studies prove that vigorous exercise is a very potent aphrodisiac for humans

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    There are cougars at my gym that eye ball me, I find it very distracting!
    Bitches should 'get in the kitchen and make me some PIE'
    The grocery store is the place to pick up the ladies! when they are out buying ingredients to make PIE.

Quod Sum Eris is offline Junior Member
    im taking this from NOVA cuz its almost exactly what i would say

what u guys really need to do is create a way you approach women every single time. practice it. it should work in every single instance, and it should be your go to move. it's important to have one so you don't EVER pass on an opportunity to grab a number or email. i see WUSSY guys all the time strike up a conversation without finishing. at the gym, the POLICY REMAINS UNCHANGED; be a man, and a gentleman. approach her when she isn't training, if she trains then leaves you have to make an effort to meet her at the door, comment about the weather or whatever, but don't interrupt her. and if you don't go to the gym at the same time everyday, you may have to make an extra effort to go in at the time she's there.

me, i don't try and hit on girls in the gym. that doesnt mean if a situation presents itself i pass it up. ive talked to girls in the gym before, and its totally platonic and i enjoy those relationships.

another thing. too many guys see "picking up girls" as a one time thing. it isn't and in my experience it works best in time. say hi. next time, ask her a question (or better yet her opinion on something), next time ask what her goals are, why she's in the gym, show genuine interest in her self-improvement. and then next time say something like this, "you're pretty interesting to talk to in here, i wonder if youre this interesting outside the gym." take your time and let the correct time present itself to you. if it happens sooner, great, if not, it will.
    awesome i just sit n stare at the hot girls

chicmagnet is offline Senior Member
    I ignore them, it makes them want me more. If you don't give a fvk, they start hitting on you because they need the attention.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    You at the gym to workout not socialize.

subaruwrx04 is offline Associate Member
    LOL... For one girls have there gaurd up at the gym. For two your there for yourself. So get your eyes of the girls and focus on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
    Chicks seem to be on defence mode when ther at the gym, i only know a few ppl that have gotn laid from a cardio bunny that he met at the gym.
    Exactly, and besides, just how is one supposed to start a conversation with a girl that's huffing and puffing away on a treadmill?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Exactly, and besides, just how is one supposed to start a conversation with a girl that's huffing and puffing away on a treadmill?
    you don't start a conversation at first. When she is walking by just say hi. And keep working little by little each time you see her. Eventually you will be having conversations

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    I ignore these hot chicks! coz they ignore me too... lolol!

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    But your picture says you are a smart ass, but you act more like a dumb ass.
    The funniest post in this thread lmao.

What is even funnier is that he hasn't responded.. guess hes really making an effort

PIGPEN8181 is offline Member
    I workout at my university's gym, where there are always plenty of chicks huffing and puffing away on the treadmills and elliptical machines, but relatively few girls in the weight rooms. The weight room chicks are either with a boyfriend that can't even bench his own bodyweight, doing ab work in pairs, or in a pack looking for (and receiving plenty of) male attention.

While I've had a few girls in the weight room smile at me or initiate eye contact, I've never bothered to hit on or chat up any. As much as I like girls, there are better places for meeting chicks - places where they aren't already drowning in male attention (despite being a 6.5) and outnumbered 1 to 5.

Normally I prefer sticking to my weights, and refrain from excessive chit chat. However, let's say there's a cutie in the mix, and you just can't help yourself . . . how would you approach her given that she's already drowning in the male attention that she craves?
    I had a bad experience 1 time, was at Gold's some years back, met a much older woman 6'1 and a MILF. After that she became obsessed and wouldn't leave me alone when I wanted to workout. No matter what she was doing when I walked in she came flyin over. After about a week of the same thing, I had to change gyms and swore that i would never pickup another woman in the gym again. The gym is for weights, clubs are for partying, etc. The choice is yours.

Thread Information