Polska is offline Anabolic Member

Do you have car insurance?

I personally think vehicle insurance is bullshit and wish it was not mandatory where I live. I wish it was not mandatory anywhere.

Have you ever driven without insurance? if so did it bite you in the ass? Give your views on insurance companies in general.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    In my country when you buy a new car, insurance is a must but if you are buying second hand car, it's up to the owner if he wants to get an insurance or not.

Many insurance here say they are easy claim, but the truth is in would take you 2 to 3 months for them to release the money. A lot of dealing tactics are done.

Insurance companies suck, and most people don't use them, but that one time something happen's and you can't cover it, it's your ass!

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    I have mixed feelings about car insurance but I think it is necessary. I hate that the government makes it mandatory but then lets the insurance agencies run whatever rates they want. I think there should be a cap on premiums.

However I do live in Southern California and we have a huge illegal alien population and generally they drive without insurance. If you get hit by an illegal you are screwed unless you have full coverage insurance. I have seen it many times when a car full of illegal Mexicans have hit another car and they just get out and run or drive away if they can. And the other party to the accident would be either injured to some degree or their car would be totaled.

I have liability insurance and hit and run insurance just to protect me and my family from other uninsured drivers. I pay more ($1,200.00 U.S. a Year) but I know we are protected. I guess it’s the price to live in So Cal.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    since i'm young i'm still on my dads policy, but i know its a lot for 5 cars and 4 drivers in the family. especially since i've wrecked one car, and my dad has racked up a few smaller claims and tickets

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Having insurance is mandatory here. I have full coverage. With my lousy driving record it's almost $200 a month.

I totally am in the same boat as Fat Guy. Where I live it's estimated that 1 in 3 people in the area are illegal aliens driving without coverage. It's only normal to have full coverage as a result. My friend's parents got hit by an illegal and ended up stuck with the medical bills and a destroyed car because they weren't adequately insured.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Having insurance is mandatory here. I have full coverage. With my lousy driving record it's almost $200 a month.
    Thats funny, i have the exact same thing.

I have 2 wrecks. Both im at fault.

You? lol

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    DUI and 3 or 4 moving violations. The DUI is like 5 years old, but they stay on your record for I think 7 years. Only at fault wreck was when I was a teenager and took out a motorhome with an old Cadillac. More like a boat accident really .

stpete is offline Banned
    Gotta have it here. I think they can suspend your license if you don't carry it.

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    I have no car, no bike, now bicycle, no rollers...haha so no insurance for me.
    Got a very efective pair of legs though.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Guy View Post
    I have mixed feelings about car insurance but I think it is necessary. I hate that the government makes it mandatory but then lets the insurance agencies run whatever rates they want. I think there should be a cap on premiums.

However I do live in Southern California and we have a huge illegal alien population and generally they drive without insurance. If you get hit by an illegal you are screwed unless you have full coverage insurance. I have seen it many times when a car full of illegal Mexicans have hit another car and they just get out and run or drive away if they can. And the other party to the accident would be either injured to some degree or their car would be totaled.

I have liability insurance and hit and run insurance just to protect me and my family from other uninsured drivers. I pay more ($1,200.00 U.S. a Year) but I know we are protected. I guess it’s the price to live in So Cal.
    Michigan has pretty awful Insurance laws, over all, it's actually a pretty crappy state, but then again we are not 42 billion in debt lol had to poke sorry.

But we have a "no fault" insurance law. If I DON'T have full coverage on a 2009 Vet, and someone has a 1999 Dodge Caravan, and hits me with full coverage, even if they run a red light.....they are covered, i'm not.

THere is no fault in accidents in the insurance companies eyes. So even if that immigrant hits you in Michigan, it's your responsibility to have full coverage, they won't even cover your deductible.

I just carry the cheapest possible now, and it's rolled into my company expense. For full coverage (i'm 28 perfect driving record and drive company trucks) It was costing me about $150 a month per vehicle. I'd have a $500 deductible.

I only buy what I can afford to pay for with cash, if you finance, you are paying for full coverage. The average income in my area for just an employee, is probably under 30k a year. If they buy a decent used vehicle, $300 a month, then add in $150 for insurance, $50 on average for maintenance (Oil change/wipers/breaks/general) and gas, they are paying more to drive than they are to live in there houses. 70% of the houses in western Michigan are under 120k.

I buy trucks used (3-6 years old), for 4k-10k. I put them on my company policy for $70 a year. I pay an employee about $6 to change the oil ($12/hr/30 minute job) and it cost me about $10 for the oil and filter.

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    i think insurance companies are full of shit. that being said...i think auto insurance falls under a slightly different umbrella. reason is, if some schmuck who can barely afford to pay for the car he is driving and like others have said above, even worse is here illegally. that means you get stuck with the liability, collision and property damage bills? no way, auto insurance to me is a must. its bad enough that so many are driving around illegally or with completely shit records then for me have to worry that if one of these idiots hits me or a loved one that i will have zero recourse for recovering any damages. the same goes for bad drivers...if your record is crap and you cant keep from getting into accidents...you should lose your license - period. i can drive, in fact im a great driver...its all of the other idiots on the road that scare the shit out of me.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    IMHO, if you're gonna drive, you need to be able to fix any problems you might create along the way. It's being financially responsible for your own actions.

If you're driving with a Great Dane or bunch of rowdy kids and they jump on top of your arms and you swerve and bump into someone else's shiny new parked Chrysler, or if you are driving 50 in a 25 mph zone on slick roads and you slide, flip over, and end up crashing through the front window of a donut shop (this happened in my neighborhood last week) then who should have to pay for repairs? The victim? Or you?

I could see allowing small motorcycles (99 cc's or less) on the road without insurance, as their damage potential is less than an automobile, and most people do need some way to get around town. But if it's your fault when you drive your ratted-out FIAT right into the side of my shiny new BMW, somebody's gonna pay, and it ain't gonna be me.

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    pay the car off and get liability.
    ur right, fuk the ins company-they are like AIG but still in business

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Yes it should be mandatory. But there should be some more oversite on how they work. I think insurance companies get away with to much bs.

I pay about $330 a month for my wife and i with 2 cars

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    someone hit my dad one time without insurance.....they tried to drive away.....and he got out and latched on to their car or something and got drug a little bit....ended up having to use crutches through halloween that year......got the license number found the ****tard and sued the piss out of them

higherdesire is offline Banned
    I hate the insurance sompanies obsene profits but I baileive you owe it to everyone to have it. I mean the first time you have an accident where someone is seriously injured or killed the vehicle coverage becomes moot.

How about this one for you.In my country insurence is mandetory.If you are male and under 25 even with a full clean driving licence with a 1.1 liter car you Will pay over 1800 euro= $2394.
    If you are a 17 year old girl(youngest age to drive at) in the same car with a learner permit you are unlikly to pay more than 1000Euro= $1330.

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    I plowed into a Audi TT with my jeep with a Trail Ready Winch Bumper....

Did no damage to my jeep....or my bumper

23K$$$ damage to the audi

LOL

My full coverage insurance is 413$/mo.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    If you don't like ridiculous car insurance don't drive like an idiot (not singling anyone out) But everyone I hear bitching in real life ALSO also happens to suck at driving.

Car insurance gives people incentive to not drive like stupid fvcks, sure the law does too but car insurance will rape you for much more. That is why I 100% completely aggree with it being mandatory.

I pay about $900 a year, AND I'll be moving to a cheaper company soon (NJ Cure) because my record has been clean for 7 years.
    People like to say "accidents happen" but fvck that. Accidents happen when you're an accident waiting to happen, too many people are exactly that, I'd like to punch them all in the face but at least I can rest comfortably knowing their car insurance is most likely raping their dumb ass.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    If you don't like ridiculous car insurance don't drive like an idiot (not singling anyone out) But everyone I hear bitching in real life ALSO also happens to suck at driving.

Car insurance gives people incentive to not drive like stupid fvcks, sure the law does too but car insurance will rape you for much more. That is why I 100% completely aggree with it being mandatory.

I pay about $900 a year, AND I'll be moving to a cheaper company soon (NJ Cure) because my record has been clean for 7 years.
    People like to say "accidents happen" but fvck that. Accidents happen when you're an accident waiting to happen, too many people are exactly that, I'd like to punch them all in the face but at least I can rest comfortably knowing their car insurance is most likely raping their dumb ass.
    100% agreed! Car insurance should be mandatory and it is reckless to drive without it. I even have insurance for uninsured drivers on my policy. What a sick option that is lol..and not sick in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios View Post
    100% agreed! Car insurance should be mandatory and it is reckless to drive without it. I even have insurance for uninsured drivers on my policy. What a sick option that is lol..and not sick in a good way.
    dido. And good to see you back budyy! Long time no see.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Never drive with it, i like to watch people suffer more when they find out i have know insurance..

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    dido. And good to see you back budyy! Long time no see.
    dude im back i still want my sig back lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios View Post
    dude im back i still want my sig back lol
    Yeh I think you had the red name going on too, I actually have to pm you about something..

taylor26 is offline Member
    Yes I have insurance

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I have insurance...Being a real motorcycle rider also (not the stupid kids on crotch rockets to ride like ass 2) you really do see just how bad people drive. Atleast every day I HAVE to avoid some one else killing me. So I definately think the insurance should be mandatory especially with the snooty upper class and mom mobile's cus those a$$ hats are the ones that never see me!

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Here in New Hampshire it is optional.

Thread Information