Dinosaur is offline Member

How did they come up with the $$750 billion$$

Anybody knows how they came up with this funny number that the economy or banks need to keep their heads above the water or in order for the economy to get back on track.

This is really suspecious and anonymous number trown out to us. I just think that they came up with this number so they can make people more damn. Anyone out there can share or explain their views of this puzzle!!!

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    Democrats????

PIGPEN8181 is offline Member
    It can be a number of things, they printed more money and made the U.S. dollar go down in value. They borrowed the money from other countries increasing the nation's deficit, you never know with the government.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Pocket money, i spend that much on rancid protein powder...

subaruwrx04 is offline Associate Member
    Obama SUCKS...

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Flipped a coin

Gears is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Flipped a coin
    750 billion sided dice actually.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by subaruwrx04 View Post
    Obama SUCKS...
    I'm not a pro "anyone" at this point in time, but you do realize that the stimulus package was started by bush.

i don't even care about the figure, no matter what it is, they are just going to keep printing.

What I don't like, is tax payers bailing out irrisponsible lenders. A lot of lenders got burnt with bad loans.

750 BILLION is not only enough to bail them out, but it's enough money to fun NEW business' and help fund the ones that were not out writing bad loans.

Imagine what credit card companies would have done 3 years ago, if the government stepped in and said "Hey you cannot give college kids a credit card with a 10k spending limit, you are taking advantage of them, ruining their credit, and you'll probably never collect."

No one wants the government to be involved, until they need help.

ray0414 is offline Member
    the 750 billion is actually DECIEVING!!!! the secret "clauses" in the bill basically gave the banks and everyone a blank check, they can go back for more. from what i have heard its actually around 5 TRILLION, NOT 750 billion!! do some research and you'll see. The federal reserve is actually refusing to say where 2 trillion of that went to and according to the bill they dont have to say where it went.

Dinosaur is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ni4ni;4525***
    Democrats????
    No, it was actually the republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by PIGPEN8181 View Post
    It can be a number of things, they printed more money and made the U.S. dollar go down in value. They borrowed the money from other countries increasing the nation's deficit, you never know with the government.
    you are damn right

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Pocket money, i spend that much on rancid protein powder...
    make sure you leave some left over for me.

Quote Originally Posted by subaruwrx04 View Post
    Obama SUCKS...
    he's no diffrent than others

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Flipped a coin
    like the dark knights. stop watching too many movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gears View Post
    750 billion sided dice actually.
    they are bunch of corrupt people. with no moral values

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    I'm not a pro "anyone" at this point in time, but you do realize that the stimulus package was started by bush.

i don't even care about the figure, no matter what it is, they are just going to keep printing.

What I don't like, is tax payers bailing out irrisponsible lenders. A lot of lenders got burnt with bad loans.

750 BILLION is not only enough to bail them out, but it's enough money to fun NEW business' and help fund the ones that were not out writing bad loans.

Imagine what credit card companies would have done 3 years ago, if the government stepped in and said "Hey you cannot give college kids a credit card with a 10k spending limit, you are taking advantage of them, ruining their credit, and you'll probably never collect."

No one wants the government to be involved, until they need help.
    I have to desagree with some of what u said, with all due respect to ur opinion.
    I just think that the government had something to do with this mess. they new that the boat was sinking down but they kept throwing more fuel. what I mean by that is wasting money on things that doesn't benefit the U.S like the war and other things that we might not even know about.

Quote Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
    the 750 billion is actually DECIEVING!!!! the secret "clauses" in the bill basically gave the banks and everyone a blank check, they can go back for more. from what i have heard its actually around 5 TRILLION, NOT 750 billion!! do some research and you'll see. The federal reserve is actually refusing to say where 2 trillion of that went to and according to the bill they dont have to say where it went.

I don't doubt the number you threw in. I even think that its more than the 5 trillion. especialy with cricis that's going on all over the world right now. nobody in the government will DARE to speak the truth

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    with the spelling in this thread, i understand why they only give it to big companies.

but my opinion is that the big banks are the ones that dictate the majority of lending, and have the biggest impact on the market, so maybe funding a small company in a single location will help their revenue, but it won't have any effect on the country, or the global economy. the amount of money isn't really the big question, because they can show any number they want, but in the end, throwing 5 trillion dollars into an economy that doesn't have all that much more already (all the money by all the people in the country) will make the value drop even further. so its a simple "fix" for the here and now, but by causing more inflation with this money, it only puts off the problem that the country has massive debt they will never pay off, and until then, the dollar will keep getting weaker, while people have false comfort in all their big savings/investments.

not only do the companies come back and ask for more, but they also have had no guidelines as to where the money could go. you hear a lot of it in the news about how the big companies (aig...) get all this money, and immediately turn around and put a significant percent into the pockets of their higher employees. a few banks used the money for advertising, rather than actually using it on the people, which was the idea

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    to sit here and say it was Bush or now Obama is foolish.
    sorry ass congress wrote that bill....the same congress that has been responsible for the failing of america.
    thats correct, nancy pelosi and harry reid, and the rest of the bums in congress who feel nothing from the economy are the ones keeping us down...
    modern day republicans and democrates are the same, all big spenders.....
    and using the money on advertising is not a bad idea, the money was to generate business....

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    rancid protein powder research!!!!!

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    didn't anyone see the new South Park the other night...

they explained it all...

Thread Information