weslcher test matrix reasoning info needed

i've done some research on the welscher iq test and prolly will take one later, anyways i tried to find some specific examples of the matrix reasoning part of it, but could only find a brief description of what the matrix reasoning part was, anyways could anybody give me some specific examples of it, perferably the visual testing parts of it?

chicmagnet is offline Senior Member
    Ask Phate!

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I took that test years ago . . . there were 6 or 8 sections, and all I know about the score was that I aced the part on general knowledge.
    The other parts were on social interaction, short term memory recall, vocabulary, spatial intelligence, and I forget the rest.
    There were some tests where they showed a drawing of an object (a box or tetrahedron or whatever) along with a drawing of the object unfolded and a few other similar drawings, and you had to identify which unfolded drawing could be folded into the folded drawing.

Also, some questions included 4 drawings, and you had to identify which of the 4 did not belong. Sometimes you had to identify which of 4 other patterns would come next.
    I have a Mensa brain-teaser book that has similar questions, and even when reading the answers for the questions, I have no idea what they're talking about . . .

If you want to practice up for the test, ya, get a Mensa brain teaser book. And you'll want to know all the titles of the books that Goethe wrote.
    But, if you're wanting to know at what level your brain is working at right now, you'd probably be better off not practicing.

And give some serious thought to whether or not you really want to know what your score is. Chances are that if you gotta know, you probably shouldn't. If you don't care what your score is, then you don't need to know.
    Problem is that some people use the score as a way to judge their own self-worth, which is a very bad idea, because all that an IQ test can tell you is how you scored in relation to other people, and then only at the moment you took the test. There are hundreds of facets of human intelligence (maybe more) and all the Weschler test evaluates are 8 of them.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    yep, Tock is exactly right.

I took that test before too.

Don't study for it. Just take the damn test and see what happens.

Thread Information