Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Nooomoto is offline Productive Member

LOL...got banned from a gym today

So my friend and I were deadlifting today. I was attempting to DL 450 lbs which is as much as I've ever done, it was going to be my last set. I go over to get water, and on the way back over to the rack I see this old guy that works at the front desk talking to my friend. He walks away, my friend does his set, I put on my weight and get ready to DL.

I'm getting into the zone. Looking at myself in the mirror, metal blasting into my ears...here we go. Then BAM...****ing old guy walks over and tells me to not drop the weights, but put them down gently. I shrug him off, and go to do my set...my psyche-up is completely gone. I don't try for the 450 because I lost concentration.

So, we get our shit, and leave the 450 lbs sitting on the floor. The guy tells us to rerack the weights while we are walking out. I tell him "You ****ed up my lift, you go rerack them." My friend points at all the huge guys sitting up front and says "Which one of you can put down 450 lbs gently?" They all shrugged. So we walk out, go to my car, two fat bodybuilder looking dudes come over, with our names and account numbers on a piece of paper. They start complimenting me on the weight I was attempting to DL, and go on to say that we should be the bigger men and go rerack the weights...and that the old man is canceling our accounts and banning us from the chain of gyms. I tell the fat BB guy that it's not his problem, and I don't give a **** if the old man cancels my account as I don't intend to come back to this wanna-be hardcore gym ever again.

I further explained that I worked out for years at a commercial gym (LA Fitness) and no one ever said ANYTHING to me about bent bars or dropped weights, I come to some supposed "no excuses" hardcore type gym, and an old man tells me to put down 450 lbs gently.

The guy goes "Well bro...no one says anything because you look scary"...WTF ever, I shook his hand and drove away.

If the old man doesnt know what a deadlift is, perhaps he shouldn't be working in a gym.

BTW...this was at Porky's in Miami.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    So my friend and I were deadlifting today. I was attempting to DL 450 lbs which is as much as I've ever done, it was going to be my last set. I go over to get water, and on the way back over to the rack I see this old guy that works at the front desk talking to my friend. He walks away, my friend does his set, I put on my weight and get ready to DL.

I'm getting into the zone. Looking at myself in the mirror, metal blasting into my ears...here we go. Then BAM...****ing old guy walks over and tells me to not drop the weights, but put them down gently. I shrug him off, and go to do my set...my psyche-up is completely gone. I don't try for the 450 because I lost concentration.

So, we get our shit, and leave the 450 lbs sitting on the floor. The guy tells us to rerack the weights while we are walking out. I tell him "You ****ed up my lift, you go rerack them." My friend points at all the huge guys sitting up front and says "Which one of you can put down 450 lbs gently?" They all shrugged. So we walk out, go to my car, two fat bodybuilder looking dudes come over, with our names and account numbers on a piece of paper. They start complimenting me on the weight I was attempting to DL, and go on to say that we should be the bigger men and go rerack the weights...and that the old man is canceling our accounts and banning us from the chain of gyms. I tell the fat BB guy that it's not his problem, and I don't give a **** if the old man cancels my account as I don't intend to come back to this wanna-be hardcore gym ever again.

I further explained that I worked out for years at a commercial gym (LA Fitness) and no one ever said ANYTHING to me about bent bars or dropped weights, I come to some supposed "no excuses" hardcore type gym, and an old man tells me to put down 450 lbs gently.

The guy goes "Well bro...no one says anything because you look scary"...WTF ever, I shook his hand and drove away.

If the old man doesnt know what a deadlift is, perhaps he shouldn't be working in a gym.

Ill be the first one to call you a straight up A-hole for not re-racking the weight, hands down.

Even if you were mad , is it fair that someone else has to clean up your mess that has nothing to do with whats going on ?

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would be pissed too if he interrupted me but im not gonna lie i hate when i see people leave loaded bars. In your situation ii would probably have done the same but i really hate to see a guy bench 400+ with the most spot i have ever seen and then they just walk away, bench sweaty, bar still loaded

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member

You should've completed your lift (you should've been even more pumped since you were pissed) ... dropped the weights as usual ... and then re-racked your plates.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    you fukked up son

you know how many ppl on this board hate ppl who dont rerack the weights?

EVERYONE!!!!

even if you were pissed or what not.... its your responsibilty to rerack weights

man up

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Ill be the first one to call you a straight up A-hole for not re-racking the weight, hands down.
    Of course I'm an asshole, always have been, always will be. Point is, I would've had no problem reracking the weights had I been able to complete my 1 more set. This isn't the first time I've deadlifted and I always rerack my weights, this is however the first time some fkin jerk off has come up to me and told me to "be gentle" while deadlifting 450 lbs.

Furthermore, the guy already decided our accounts were to be canceled, so what reason would I have for going out of my way to go BACK inside the gym and rerack the weights? Fk that.

To top it off not ONE of the other employees wanted to tell us to chill out, because we're being dicks. They all just sat there quietly. They knew he was being an asshole for no reason.

I'll go back to my commercial gym, no one there ever said ish about anything I did.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    x2..that would be me.

Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33 View Post
    You should've completed your lift (you should've been even more pumped since you were pissed) ... dropped the weights as usual ... and then re-racked your plates.

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    So because he messed up your max you decided not to rack the weights? The weights may be the property of the gym owner, but everyone at the gym uses them. You weren't only being an a-hole to the front desk, but to everyone who goes to your gym.

Just my .02

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    yep........

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    You should be banned if you can only deadlift 450lbs, were the weights pink??

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I was doing squats yesterday and getting under the bar.. staring in the mirror and some kid comes over and squeezes between the powercage and the cablemachine next to it to throw a 5lb plate on the rack... fked my concentration up since i had 595 on the bar... i just shook my head..

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Bwaaahahahahaaaaaa...

Quote Originally Posted by mad matt View Post
    you should be banned if you can only deadlift 450lbs, were the weights pink??

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    I would have re-racked the weights--- unless that old guy was waiting to use the bar next. Then fcuk him.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    you fukked up son

EVERYONE!!!!

even if you were pissed or what not.... its your responsibilty to rerack weights

man up
    i agree

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    i agree...should have done your set as usual...then re-racked them and the if the old man said anything, tell him to **** off.

bushido3374 is offline Member
    I 2nd what DSM said.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    well, I can say that I can pull 500 about 4 times. And I set the weight down athletically and with some level of care.

so its hard to say without actually seeing a video of this

but knowing the way that I personally deadlift, I would have ignored him during the set because my concentration is far greater than anything that could be interrupted. finished my set just as usual, and rerack the weights.
    Last edited by IronReload04; 04-15-2009 at 12:21 PM.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    re-rack your weights son, whoever's got next on that bar, isn't your maid

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs View Post
    I was doing squats yesterday and getting under the bar.. staring in the mirror and some kid comes over and squeezes between the powercage and the cablemachine next to it to throw a 5lb plate on the rack... fked my concentration up since i had 595 on the bar... i just shook my head..
    I had a lady perfectly time me when I was squating one time. She ducked under the end of the bar to get a 2.5lb weight that was on a weight stack between the bar and the wall. I about cracked her on the head because I didnt see her on the way down. I should have though, that would have taught her a lesson or two.

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I had a lady perfectly time me when I was squating one time. She ducked under the end of the bar to get a 2.5lb weight that was on a weight stack between the bar and the wall. I about cracked her on the head because I didnt see her on the way down. I should have though, that would have taught her a lesson or two.
    thats exactly why I hate people and have changed my major from helping people to doing something else...

people are a bunch of jack offs.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

I agree here, and if he said anything about the noise, ask to see a copy of the contract you signed that said no to that action..

Guy was a prick, now you don't have a small gym to work at.. who won??

point being i learned a long time ago..

My commanding officer says to me

"Sgt, you may be correct, but now i have you pissing on a superior, the superior pissing on you and now i have to piss on the both of you, point being all that gets accomplished is we you all get pissed on... work it out"

that was a good lesson..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    you are an asshole.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post

"Sgt, you may be correct, but now i have you pissing on a superior, the superior pissing on you and now i have to piss on the both of you, point being all that gets accomplished is we you all get pissed on... work it out"

that was a good lesson..
    I would have been happy that everyone was into golden showers !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    thats exactly why I hate people and have changed my major from helping people to doing something else...

people are a bunch of jack offs.
    People can be rather stupid at times....I know I can

BTW, every time I see your Master Of Puppets Avvy, I just want to start f-cking rocking out.

Metallica Rules!!!

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    People that don't rerack weights should be executed, seriously.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Buddy Holly rocks...

Blog Entries
    Buddy Holly rocks...
    He had some good stuff, I am a fan of all music though. If I had to do my life all over again. I would have gave it my all at music instead of baseball. At least I could play music the rest of my life....regrets regres...

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MASTER View Post
    seriously, another someone should die (be executed) post...

nice post guy...seriously.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    People can be rather stupid at times....I know I can

BTW, every time I see your Master Of Puppets Avvy, I just want to start f-cking rocking out.

Metallica Rules!!!

Yea they do... i've downloaded all their songs..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    Yea they do... i've downloaded all their songs..
    I hope you did it legally, cause Lars will kick your arse if you didnt....

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post

Even if you were mad , is it fair that someone else has to clean up your mess that has nothing to do with whats going on ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    you fukked up son

EVERYONE!!!!

man up
    Quote Originally Posted by bushido3374 View Post
    I 2nd what DSM said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    re-rack your weights son, whoever's got next on that bar, isn't your maid
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
    you are an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by MASTER View Post

hey OP, I wouldnt have been as nice as you were, but then again that probably has something to do with why I have spent half my life locked up.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs View Post
    That is one of my big pet peeves.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    X2! Hahaha!!! Not only are you an asshole, but you're a weak asshole!!! How scary must you look with only a 450lb deadlift! 16yr old high schoolers are deadlifting that!

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    I tell him "You ****ed up my lift, you go rerack them."
    Uncalled for.
    I would have kicked you out of my gym if you said that to me too.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Sweet!

higherdesire is offline Banned
    I had an Army redruiter who was "training" a kid he was sending to bootcamp come over to where I was doing cable pull downs the other day and take the rope off of the machine and go to another machine with it. I had two choices as i see it. 1) exert my dominence (i.e. take it back, say something fly and take it back, threaten him, clown him etc.) or 2) use another tool and stay focused. I finished my sets with a v-bar and tore it up.

Maybe when you get older you will learn it isn't necessary to be a dick to prove to someone else that they are a dick too. At some point we quit teaching those lessons. Oh, and hurting ourselves in the process.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    On a side note, I really hate people who don't re-rack the weights.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Holy Crap..............i knew that would happen.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    I know why you did not re-rack your weights and fuvk the old guy, now on the other hand you should have taken a min,. got your lift and dropped the bar, fuvk the old man. racked your weights, and shot the old fuvker the bird as you walked out.....

remember it is florida, and old people thank they run the world here.

Quietstorm33, I know I took some of yours and agree with you but you are also a florida brother and know about all these old fuvks...

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information