bighital is offline Associate Member

Working a job..How to get my energy back.

At almost 40 yrs old and working my ass off 8-12 hr's aday, what is the best way to motivate myself to get to the gym after a long day--I drink them 5 hour energy drinks--Don't seem to kick in..I know it's a stupid question, just wanted to hear what everyone else dose...

sirrah2508 is offline Associate Member
    try taking a pre workout supplement like noxplode usually works for me

I have been there man.....the only way I made it work was to get to the gym before work. First couple weeks it blows but you will get used to it. Otherwise eca stack has always gave me energy, but it may mess with your sleep taking it that late.

higherdesire is offline Banned
    can you work out prior to work? Or at lunch?

I would have to get up at 4am Tampa Florida time..lol..The gym is open 24-7 so I could go anytime..I dont want to get up at 4am...

Someguy123 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sirrah2508 View Post
    try taking a pre workout supplement like noxplode usually works for me

this does work. but the problem i have with it. is that then im wired all night, and i cant sleep after the gym.

im in the same boat, i work 12 hour days(14 from the time i get up, till i get home). and i just have to have the will power to drag my ass to the gym, no matter how much i dont feel like going. if im on cycle, i always have lots of ambition, cause you just feel full of energy all the time. but ya, off cycle can be a chore, to get yourself to the gym every night.

Quote Originally Posted by bighital View Post
    I would have to get up at 4am Tampa Florida time..lol..The gym is open 24-7 so I could go anytime..I dont want to get up at 4am...
    Just gonna have to sack up man, just try whatever you are going to take pre workout on a saturday or something to make sure you will be able to sleep after.

See I get up everyday at 5:30 am so by the time I get home I been up for 12-14 hour's already--Im not getting any younger..lol...I do try my best--I will make it to the gym 3-4 times a week, I notice if I get home around 6 pm lay down and take a cat nap and get up around 7 jump in the shower then gym by 7:30 I will get home around 9:30 or 10 pm..

higherdesire is offline Banned
    I did it for about a year. I had to drive an hour to get to the gym, but I couldn't do it after work. Once I got used to it I loved it.

I do workout on the weekends, so that is a good thing..Sometime I go 2x on saturday and sunday cardo 1st hang out a few hour and go back and lift, same on sunday..

mho
    mho is offline Member
    Go to bed earlier! This isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle.

I do workout on the weekends, so that is a good thing..Sometime I go 2x on saturday and sunday cardo 1st hang out a few hour and go back and lift, same on sunday..

Could always do sat sun mon tues that way you dont have to hit the gym while the work week is starting to catch up to you.

It's better for me to work out at night--It's 6:18am I have to get ready for work...

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    This is something I have strugled with all my life. I have a Dorian Yates DvD that I put on If I start feeling lazy, Drink some superpump250 and watch that dvd and you cant NOT go to the gym.

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    I work 9 - 13 Hours a day. Try to Work out either before work or during Lunch. Its too hard for me to work out at end of day.
    I understand your pain

Quote Originally Posted by vpchill View Post
    I work 9 - 13 Hours a day. Try to Work out either before work or during Lunch. Its too hard for me to work out at end of day.
    I understand your pain
    Not to mention x y or z responsibility popping up on you, or you are just pissed after a bad day at the salt mines. Too bad we have to be such go-getters and have jobs.

Thread Information