xavier_888888 is offline Senior Member

Bought iphone at craigslist and got scammed

Ok here is the story. I bought an Iphone 3g trough a guy at craigslist. We met up and looked at the phone working good and looks good paid $300 for it. The only thing I did not check is putting the sim card in. Anyway , got home putting my sim card in and its not reading it. Called the guy and want my money back and he is not aswering anymore.

So here I am stucked with a F'up phone, so figured just go to Apple store and just pay whatever cost to get it fixed. Got there showed it to the rep. Rep said "OH THIS IS A HARDWARE PROBLEM , WE WILL JUST GIVE YOU A NEW PHONE REPLACEMENT". So I said ok! but deep inside I want to jump there at the apple store.

Long story short Got a new Iphone for $300. The guy was so stupid that he did not bring it to apple store to get if fixed but the intention of scamming other people who work hard for thier money( Well I was stupid to for buying it LOL ).

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    welcome to the real world

Yah iknow! have to learn from our mistake. Never again. But good thing it turned around well for me on this one.

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    I hate Scammers

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    isn't the new iphone only $200 new?

8iron is offline Associate Member
    go in like a turd come out smelling like a rose..............lol youll love that phone....I got one wont have anything else...one of the applictions that i downloaded is called gym buddy keeps track ot all ur set and reps and history on increases of strength and 1 rep maxs... tracks everything.....

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    isn't the new iphone only $200 new?
    Nope! $200 is with 2 years contact with like $100/ month for 2 years.

$599.00 + Tax for 8gb and $699.00 + Tax on the 16gb.

Quote Originally Posted by 8iron View Post
    go in like a turd come out smelling like a rose..............lol youll love that phone....I got one wont have anything else...one of the applictions that i downloaded is called gym buddy keeps track ot all ur set and reps and history on increases of strength and 1 rep maxs... tracks everything.....
    I'm DL it right now . lol thanks for the info. Love this phone

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    getting scammed sucks.. how do those people sleep at night.. karmas a bvitch!

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    After you start to get bored with it jailbreak it and it's like a brand new phone. I still love mine and have had one since the day they came out. July 1st the new software comes out that allows you to copy and paste aswell as send and recieve pic messages.

8iron is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    After you start to get bored with it jailbreak it and it's like a brand new phone. I still love mine and have had one since the day they came out. July 1st the new software comes out that allows you to copy and paste aswell as send and recieve pic messages.
    right on..... it about time......that was about its only down fall...!!!

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by xavier_888888 View Post
    Ok here is the story. I bought an Iphone 3g trough a guy at craigslist. We met up and looked at the phone working good and looks good paid $300 for it. The only thing I did not check is putting the sim card in. Anyway , got home putting my sim card in and its not reading it. Called the guy and want my money back and he is not aswering anymore.

So here I am stucked with a F'up phone, so figured just go to Apple store and just pay whatever cost to get it fixed. Got there showed it to the rep. Rep said "OH THIS IS A HARDWARE PROBLEM , WE WILL JUST GIVE YOU A NEW PHONE REPLACEMENT". So I said ok! but deep inside I want to jump there at the apple store.

Long story short Got a new Iphone for $300. The guy was so stupid that he did not bring it to apple store to get if fixed but the intention of scamming other people who work hard for thier money( Well I was stupid to for buying it LOL ).

I would phone the asshole and tell him what u did and also tell him that if he wants to be friend you hae to fvck his GF.

laduem88 is offline Senior Member
    im so surprised they just gave you a new one. you should leave a message on that guys phone and be like..hahaha you dumb **** i went to the apple store and got a brand new iphone

Quote Originally Posted by laduem88 View Post
    im so surprised they just gave you a new one. you should leave a message on that guys phone and be like..hahaha you dumb **** i went to the apple store and got a brand new iphone
    I actually did this! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by laduem88 View Post
    Yes I was supprised too. Apparently the phone is still under warranty till OCT of this year and when its a hardware problem they will just replace it with new one.

I did left a message to the guy that if he wants the new phone come and see me. LOL

laduem88 is offline Senior Member
    Yes I was supprised too. Apparently the phone is still under warranty till OCT of this year and when its a hardware problem they will just replace it with new one.

I did left a message to the guy that if he wants the new phone come and see me. LOL
    haha nice

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Good thing!
    problem solve!
    ingat nalang!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Phone could be stolen which is why he didnt try and fix it. No one will know unless the original owner made a police report (which most people don't). Got lucky.

Remember boys and girls: When it sounds to good to be true, IT IS !

higherdesire is offline Banned
    hey check out the lose it app too. I live by it.

jbm

jbm

Thread Information