Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member

softball/baseball junkies...

ok, so im still "living the dream" and im am a weekend warrior when it comes to playin sports, but i just love playing softball at my ripe young age (thats a pun) - any you big boys enjoy the "game" like i do?

i play softball twice a week and play a tourney or try to at least once every month or two months...

oh...and feel free to open this thread up to any current MLB talk...go Marlins!

Lightsout2184 is offline Senior Member
    the marlins fell apart which is sad because im a big fan of how they develope playas. yeah softball leagues kick ass

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I hate softball, but I play adult league baseball and that is pretty kick ass. All I can say about MLB is go Cards and Yuck the Fankees!!!

marlins need their starting pitching to step up...now that they have had miller and sanchez down on the DL...they need the offense of last year...but thats not happening right now...up hill battle for them fo sho

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I hate softball, but I play adult league baseball and that is pretty kick ass. All I can say about MLB is go Cards and Yuck the Fankees!!!
    do you currently play hardball? and have you ever tried softball?

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    One of my friends is trying to get me to play in some league, softball that is.
    But other friends want me to join a basketball league

and basketball is more my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    One of my friends is trying to get me to play in some league, softball that is.
    But other friends want me to join a basketball league

and basketball is more my thing.
    basketball is def more cardio..but i grew up playin baseball down here in south florida...down here is what you do...baseball or football

two blown acl's and my career went down the drain...

jfalco is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightsout2184 View Post
    the marlins fell apart which is sad because im a big fan of how they develope playas. yeah softball leagues kick ass
    I like the marlins too, but Boston developed their best player.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scerpico22 View Post
    do you currently play hardball? and have you ever tried softball?
    Yeah I play hardball now, I try to play softball but I am a purist I guess. I actually enjoy watching my buddies play, I just go and drink beer and watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by jfalco View Post
    yup...Hanley Ramirez - best hitting short stop in the league...once his defense is better - which it is this year...he could be one of the best ever...

Blog Entries
    basketball is def more cardio..but i grew up playin baseball down here in south florida...down here is what you do...baseball or football

two blown acl's and my career went down the drain...
    Damn, that sucks. (the acl injury)

I played baseball all my life, through high school. Have never played softball in my life though lol.
    I was raised on baseball and basketball, but played football, soccer, roller hockey, tennis.

But ever since high school ended, I just play basketball. Here and there, some guys like to get some flag football going though.

lol, I can't really stand watching baseball though. I find it rather boring, until playoffs anyways.

Blog Entries
    Hell maybe I'll get back at my friend and join his team.
    Talking about it makes me want to play now haha

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    Damn, that sucks. (the acl injury)

I played baseball all my life, through high school. Have never played softball in my life though lol.
    I was raised on baseball and basketball, but played football, soccer, roller hockey, tennis.

But ever since high school ended, I just play basketball. Here and there, some guys like to get some flag football going though.

lol, I can't really stand watching baseball though. I find it rather boring, until playoffs anyways.
    if you liked playin baseball...softball is damn cool...a lot quicker pace and the circuits are a pretty close nit bunch...i play third, the hot corner and love that shit...

i cant play bball anymore due to the knees...but flag football...on thanksgiving morning is a ritual year in and year out since high school...

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    The Doctor Is In...

yes he is...

Blog Entries
    This is a man among men!
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    This is a man among men!
    ]
    ahhh, no doubt!

that man was un hittable!

jfalco is offline Member
    yup...Hanley Ramirez - best hitting short stop in the league...once his defense is better - which it is this year...he could be one of the best ever...
    I love that guy. Every time Josh Beckett takes the mound with his 6.42 ERA I lament that trade. Sure the Sox got a championship out of it, but shortstop has been a weak point for years. Not to mention that we gave away good short stop after good short stop because Hanley was supposed to be the short stop of the future.

in his prime...one of the best...

jfalco is offline Member
    ahhh, no doubt!

that man was un hittable!
    Best pitcher to ever play the game.

One of my favorite highlights is when robin ventura charged the mound only to have nolan kick the crap out of him.

I love that guy. Every time Josh Beckett takes the mound with his 6.42 ERA I lament that trade. Sure the Sox got a championship out of it, but shortstop has been a weak point for years. Not to mention that we gave away good short stop after good short stop because Hanley was supposed to be the short stop of the future.

Julio Lugo...

Blog Entries
    in his prime...one of the best...

One of the very best pitching performances I have ever seen was Randy and Curt blistering everyone in the playoffs the year that the Dbacks won it all. Unbelievable, they were both so dominate it no one could touch them.

jfalco is offline Member
    Julio Lugo...
    Don't rub it in.

Best pitcher to ever play the game.

One of my favorite highlights is when robin ventura charged the mound only to have nolan kick the crap out of him.
    watch the beat down...LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUdFOKWC2ME

Don't rub it in.
    josh is wayyyy better in boston...no humidity...no blisters...oh wait...sorry..he has had blisters...

on the real i live josh he is a bad ass but too injury prone...

he did whip the yanks ass in 03...back to back starts...

jfalco is offline Member
    he was pretty good against the yanks in 07 too, but since then he hasn't done much. This season he can't find the strike zone with anything but meatballs, and his curve has completely disappeared.

The only consolation we have in Boston is Mike Lowell, but his days are numbered.

he was pretty good against the yanks in 07 too, but since then he hasn't done much. This season he can't find the strike zone with anything but meatballs, and his curve has completely disappeared.

The only consolation we have in Boston is Mike Lowell, but his days are numbered.
    yup...but mikey is hot and cold...was once solid but lost it i guess...with youk and padrioa out and big papi with his warning track power...you guys are lucky to be where you are at. the rays will pick it up and now that a-rod is back the yanks will make a push...blue jays will fade so dont worry about them...your boys need to get healthy first. but baseball is a marathon...not a sprint!

jfalco is offline Member
    yup...but mikey is hot and cold...was once solid but lost it i guess...with youk and padrioa out and big papi with his warning track power...you guys are lucky to be where you are at. the rays will pick it up and now that a-rod is back the yanks will make a push...blue jays will fade so dont worry about them...your boys need to get healthy first. but baseball is a marathon...not a sprint!
    Have you seen our bullpen? That's why we keep winning. Two guys with ERA under 1 and another just over, and I believe best bullpen ERA in the league.

The rays, otoh have no bullpen, and that's why they keep loosing. Their starting pitching has been good and almost everyone in their lineup is batting over 300. Crawford leads the league in steals by a longshot. Pena leads in homers. Longoria is batting 350 and bartlett is close to 400. They don't need to heat up. They're hot as hell. They just keep blowing games in the 8th inning. If their starters could last the whole game they would be f-ing awesome. Unfortunately nobody in their pen can do shit.

Hopefully mikey stays hot. He had a bad season last year but he was playing injured. He still has the best fielding percentace on any third baseman ever, and if you discount last season, he has been pretty solid for most of his career.

Yanks have no pitching so they are going nowhere.

On paper the Sox have amazing starting pitching, but they haven't been doing so hot so far. They will come around. Not to mention amazing depth. We have at least 7 viable starting pitchers. After the allstar break you can add smoltz to the equation. Youk and pedy have minor injuries. They'll be back. Bay has been amazing, with countless timely hits. Drew is due to heat up even if he is a pansy. I don't see anyone in the American League beating the Sox in a 7 game series. Everyone knows that pitching wins championships, and the sox have the deepest staff in the league.

Papi is all done IMO, but I still love him.
    Last edited by jfalco; 05-14-2009 at 01:09 AM.

yes they did but i was refering to all the others. they are the masters at bringing them up and keeping a low payroll. kinda like the A's. its hard out there because everytime i watch a marlins home game on tv there are like 12 people there.

jfalco is offline Member
    I know what you meant, I just never miss a chance to plug the Red Sox.

I love the A's too, even though Oakland fans hate boston. I lived just outside of Oakland for a couple of years and I took a lot of crap evertime I went to see a game with my sox hat on. I was constantly explaining that I root for the A's except when the play against boston.

I don't know the marlins farm system as well as oakland, because I am more of an American league fan, but oakland fans must feel like they brought up half of the league.

I know what you meant, I just never miss a chance to plug the Red Sox.

I love the A's too, even though Oakland fans hate boston. I lived just outside of Oakland for a couple of years and I took a lot of crap evertime I went to see a game with my sox hat on. I was constantly explaining that I root for the A's except when the play against boston.

I don't know the marlins farm system as well as oakland, because I am more of an American league fan, but oakland fans must feel like they brought up half of the league.
    yeah i have like 8 buds in the As system. they are kinda like the minors for the rest of the mlb. my homeboy started at first for them last year and was a big prospect but he struggled and is back in the minors.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

jfalco is offline Member
    If your homeboy is who I think he is, he'll be back. There has been buzz about him since 05 and oaklands scouts are rarely wrong.

If your homeboy is who I think he is, he'll be back. There has been buzz about him since 05 and oaklands scouts are rarely wrong.
    yeah i know u know who he is. his downfall is his work ethic. even in high school he was lazy but he just had that perfect lefty swing. i mean the guy could drop 3 home runs in a game at anytime. Im just surprised his homerun power has been so low. he hasnt even hit one in triple A yet this year. its funny though a lot of the A's stars have left and the one they decided to keep eric chavez has just been an injury bust.

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    ok, so im still "living the dream" and im am a weekend warrior when it comes to playin sports, but i just love playing softball at my ripe young age (thats a pun) - any you big boys enjoy the "game" like i do?

i play softball twice a week and play a tourney or try to at least once every month or two months...

oh...and feel free to open this thread up to any current MLB talk...go Marlins!
    use to play softball 4 to five nights a week. then that shit got a litle ridiculous so i only play once a week.

can smash like no other too.

played baseball my entire life until i injured my arm.

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    play softball on Tuesdays and want to try to get another night in as well. we had playoffs this tuesday and won both our games...actually we dominated them LOL. Play again next week and i'm sure we will win the first and then go on to play another right after and that play another. I played baseball all through my younger years

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsout2184 View Post
    yeah i know u know who he is. his downfall is his work ethic. even in high school he was lazy but he just had that perfect lefty swing. i mean the guy could drop 3 home runs in a game at anytime. Im just surprised his homerun power has been so low. he hasnt even hit one in triple A yet this year. its funny though a lot of the A's stars have left and the one they decided to keep eric chavez has just been an injury bust.
    i never understood this...guys with all the talent in the world just dont want to put in the work. man when i was in highschool playing ball...i busted my ass...even after i blew out both my acl's i worked my ass off to get back...could never get back to top form but still worked my ass off...

i just dont understand guys that have "it" and think that's all that you need...

baseball is a grueling sports...162 game season playing 6 and even 7 games a week with only a day break in between at times...that takes a serious toll on your body.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    I actually have a baseball game tonight ... and I'm also in a softball league as well.

yup...my thursday night softball league starts tonight and im going out the park tonight fo sho!

i never understood this...guys with all the talent in the world just dont want to put in the work. man when i was in highschool playing ball...i busted my ass...even after i blew out both my acl's i worked my ass off to get back...could never get back to top form but still worked my ass off...

i just dont understand guys that have "it" and think that's all that you need...

baseball is a grueling sports...162 game season playing 6 and even 7 games a week with only a day break in between at times...that takes a serious toll on your body.
    trust me i know what u mean i killed myself in high school and this guy just floated along and had every scout in the world there to see him bat. got drafted in the first round. he is a real good guy but just cruises along too much. the work schedule has already taken its toll and he has had 3 surgeries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information