needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member

Markus Ruhl...figured I would post this here

I had the privilege of chilling with Markus Ruhl today…. What an awesome guy!! Out of all the guys I have met, worked out with, chilled with, hands down he was the most open, well spoken MASSIVE man lol… One question I plagued him with was why it always seemed like he was judged unfairly. I told him about my first show and how I felt I was robbed, he said “how did you feel, I bet it was the same” … and I was honest and said “I left it alone for two years”…. The difference with him is that he has stuck at it for soooo long!

We talked about Kai Greene, Victor Martinez, Dennis Wolf, Charles glass… He had good things to say about all. He was truthful though lol!!! It was funny to hear about the different cultures he encounters. In Germany he said “nobody knows me, they all just think I am some huge guy who works out to much, but here I can’t walk down the street or enter the gym without getting stopped”.. And really who here in North America wouldn’t stop him . I am from a little town in Ontario (Canada) and he was still quite known here!! I felt bad for him because at one point my black lab was with us and she stole most of his protein bar, actually he was feeding it to her, LOL…

Anyways for a guy who’s been around the game for so long, subjected to so much, pestered by so many fans, he was the most knowledgeable, nice, down to earth great guy, it was a pleasure to spend time with him! Just thought I’d give him a shout out.. I’ll post some pics! Oh and he got ROBBED at the NY Pro, yes Evan is young and coming up, but give me a break he didn’t deserve first!

Markus it was an amazing pleasure to get to know you, you will always be a legend in this sport!!

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Damn nice bro, I'd love to meet him. I always wonder what some of the pro's are like, nice to hear he's approachable.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Damn nice bro, I'd love to meet him. I always wonder what some of the pro's are like, nice to hear he's approachable.
    You can always approach me...

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    You can always approach me...
    yeah but you're a different kind of pro, our last sleepover cost me 1200 bucks, I can't afford that again.

stpete is offline Banned
    Sweet. I've met several myself and for the most part they're very nice guys. The only 2 exceptions would be Titus and Priest. I'd like to knock Priest right in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Sweet. I've met several myself and for the most part they're very nice guys. The only 2 exceptions would be Titus and Priest. I'd like to knock Priest right in the mouth.
    Wow very suprising man!! Priest and my trainer were pretty tight!! You have to remember what they go through each day. Markus was telling me about one Goodlife he worked out in.. his words were "I begged them to leave me alone, they wouldnt, I just wanted to workout... I told them I would take pics, sign autographs afterwards but they wouldnt even let me work out!!"
    So that being said I bet that can carry over day to day my friend!

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    He has got to be one of my favorite pro. I am really going to miss him. As massive as he is I would think he would jump back onstage again.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

Quote Originally Posted by CHAP View Post
    He has got to be one of my favorite pro. I am really going to miss him. As massive as he is I would think he would jump back onstage again.
    He did bud, he just did the NY Pro, came in a bullshit third!! He should have been higher.. thats all I am saying! He'll do the olympia this year!

There is hope for us small guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    When Denis looked good!! He was training with Ruhls trainer but left to train with Glass..and well now.....

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Nice smile!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketbattleship2B View Post
    There is hope for us small guys.
    When he started working out, he was 130 lbs!!!

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength View Post
    Wow very suprising man!! Priest and my trainer were pretty tight!! You have to remember what they go through each day. Markus was telling me about one Goodlife he worked out in.. his words were "I begged them to leave me alone, they wouldnt, I just wanted to workout... I told them I would take pics, sign autographs afterwards but they wouldnt even let me work out!!"
    So that being said I bet that can carry over day to day my friend!
    He disrespected my girlfriend in columbus, ohio before the arnold in 98. They come to the world's gym downtown late at night before the show. Well, my girl worked there and i was there with her when him and some other cats was working out. She really liked the guy, thought he was hot. So before he left, as he was walking out the door, she asked for him to take a picture with her. He turned his head a little and looked at her with this shit eating grin and said "you have to be kidding".
    I was so mad i could've hurt him right there. Thing about it is, he didn't even compete. He was so freaking blown up it was crazy!! But he could've at least said maybe another time or something. Short little shit.
    And yes, she's hot. She's the one that got away.

Thread Information