Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member

American Justice System - Another Slap in the Face

Some of you may or may not know about Donte Stallworth NFL receiver for the Cleveland Browns ran over and killed a 57 year old pedestrian in Miami, FL. while drunk driving on south beach last year.

He has plead guilty to vehicular manslaughter while under the influence - alcohol level was .16 (double the limit of .08)

Today he was slapped with 30 days in jail...ARE YOU FVCKING KIDDING ME??????????

Mike Vick gets 2 years for killing dogs and Donte Stallworth gets 30 days for killing a human being??????????

This is really FvCKED UP!!!!!

AP Article released 20 minutes ago...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...WxjlgD98RT2701

jfalco is offline Member
    I agree with you that 30 days is pretty lenient for killing someone, but IMO what Vick did is a more severe crime. Granted Stalworth did choose to get drunk, but it was still an accident. He also gave a bunch of cash to the victim's family, which I'm sure helped. OTOH Vick chose to do what he did.

Most people have gotten behind the wheel drunk. We're all just lucky that we didn't kill someone. And a 0.16 isn't shitfaced. I think most people who drink would drive at a 0.16 and every drinker will drive at 0.08. 0.08 is hardly noticable.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    30 days is pretty damn light. Can you spell M-o-n-e-y?

And Vick is a POS who got what was coming to him, that has jack to do with this case.

Quote Originally Posted by jfalco View Post
    I agree with you that 30 days is pretty lenient for killing someone, but IMO what Vick did is a more severe crime. Granted Stalworth did choose to get drunk, but it was still an accident. He also gave a bunch of cash to the victim's family, which I'm sure helped. OTOH Vick chose to do what he did.

Most people have gotten behind the wheel drunk. We're all just lucky that we didn't kill someone. And a 0.16 isn't shitfaced. I think most people who drink would drive at a 0.16 and every drinker will drive at 0.08. 0.08 is hardly noticable.
    I understand your point about Vick and what he did...I by no means condone it Vick got what he deserved I thought...that being said...Stallworth did not!

giving the family a shit load of cash will not bring their loved one back.

he killed a human being and to get 30 days is a bunch of horse shit!

Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst View Post
    30 days is pretty damn light. Can you spell M-o-n-e-y?

And Vick is a POS who got what was coming to him, that has jack to do with this case.
    you are right it has nothing to do with this case but it is a valid comparison.

like i said above, i think Vick got what was coming to him...Stallworth...please - the system is fvcking joke - PERIOD.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    well, that suck... vic kills dogs and looses hundreds of millions get two years
    ds kills a woman while he was drunk and gets 30 days prob spends 150k to get that

not fair - but as the op said

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Quote Originally Posted by scerpico22 View Post
    - the system is fvcking joke - PERIOD.
    Can't argue with that.

jfalco is offline Member
    I understand your point about Vick and what he did...I by no means condone it Vick got what he deserved I thought...that being said...Stallworth did not!

giving the family a shit load of cash will not bring their loved one back.

he killed a human being and to get 30 days is a bunch of horse shit!
    Agree 100% But I don't think Stalworth got off easy because of his status. This kind of sentence for a first offense drunk driving is pretty typical, which is why so many people drive drunk all the time.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    the family of the victim was on his side.
    off course they already reached a settlement so he can not be sued in the future for wrongful death.
    but i agree, what a crock of shit...him and leonard little now have something in common, they both killed someone while driving drunk and will both be employed by the NFL.
    30 days, are u kidding....i got 30 days for speeding in some po-fuk town by some backwoods judge...

Iron_Pig is offline Member
    Some of you may or may not know about Donte Stallworth NFL receiver for the Cleveland Browns ran over and killed a 57 year old pedestrian in Miami, FL. while drunk driving on south beach last year.

He has plead guilty to vehicular manslaughter while under the influence - alcohol level was .16 (double the limit of .08)

Today he was slapped with 30 days in jail...ARE YOU FVCKING KIDDING ME??????????

Mike Vick gets 2 years for killing dogs and Donte Stallworth gets 30 days for killing a human being??????????

This is really FvCKED UP!!!!!

AP Article released 20 minutes ago...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...WxjlgD98RT2701

Judge must be a browns fan

Agree 100% But I don't think Stalworth got off easy because of his status. This kind of sentence for a first offense drunk driving is pretty typical, which is why so many people drive drunk all the time.
    No sir...vehicular manslaughter while operating under the influence of alcohol or drugs brings a mandatory minimum of 3 - 5 years depending on the state with a max of 5 - 10. look it up...

hence, he got off waaaaaaay easy. and why????

separate set of rules?

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Money rules all.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member

I bet your opinion would be vastly different if the person killed was someone you loved. I'll go further and say that if you were personally affected by this than you would not be comparing the killing of dogs, that were his own private property, to the taking of someone's life.

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    No sir...vehicular manslaughter while operating under the influence of alcohol or drugs brings a mandatory minimum of 3 - 5 years depending on the state with a max of 5 - 10. look it up...

separate set of rules?

Thats correct but they always work out plea deals for 1st time offenders.

Quote Originally Posted by vpchill View Post
    Thats correct but they always work out plea deals for 1st time offenders.
    understood VP...but my point is how F'ed up our justice system is...

Vick was a first time offender and put in a plea as well...yet he got 2 years

Where is the rational?

Blog Entries
    Why does an admitted child rapist only get 1 year?

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    Why does an admitted child rapist only get 1 year?
    my point exactly - the system bites the big one!!!

Fvck this...im grabbing my firearms, ammo and spam and heading underground.

Theatrix is offline Associate Member
    The way I understood it, he was charged because he had consumed alcohol. Had he not had an elevated blood level, he may not have been charged. He struck a pedestrian who was not in a cross walk, but rather crossing quickly to catch a bus. The pedestrian could have been hit by anyone in that situation, unfortunately he was struck by Stallworth who happened to be drinking. Not sure if the drinking was the cause. In any event, he imediately stopped and reported the incident. It was an accident that resulted in a death involving alcohol. Thats why he got 30 days.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wow, today, and just from this site ive seen two videos of british cops using OTT force, a paedo getting 1 year jail time and a drunk asshole getting 30 days for manslaughter. Good to see justice appropriately used..

Of course this boils down to money. Rob a bank, and you get anything from 20 years to life imprisonment. Rape a kid or run someone over and you get a little vacation.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i disagree,, drunk or not it wasnt his fault. The dude ran out in front of him without looking.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    i disagree,, drunk or not it wasnt his fault. The dude ran out in front of him without looking.
    I'd like to know just what "ran out in front was". I mean are we talking 1 meter, 5 meters, 10 meters...because I know damn well that when a person isn't drunk off their skull, that their reaction times is a hell of a lot faster. Sorry, there is NO EXCUSE for drink driving.

jfalco is offline Member

separate set of rules?
    I know what the law says, I also knows what happens in practice. Everyone pleas to a lesser charge and gets off easy on a first offense unless they can't afford a lawyer.

sooooo, you are going to blame a pedestrian for jumping out in front of a drunk driver? riiiight....

Blog Entries
    LOL, are you drunk?

I know what the law says, I also knows what happens in practice. Everyone pleas to a lesser charge and gets off easy on a first offense unless they can't afford a lawyer.
    first offense or thirtieth offense - he took a life, lawyer no lawyer, he DESERVES more than 30 days...

jfalco is offline Member
    first offense or thirtieth offense - he took a life, lawyer no lawyer, he DESERVES more than 30 days...
    All I am saying is that he didn't get special treatment because he is famous. 10 years of probation is a lot also.

I agree with you that the legal system is ****ed up and all about money. I'm not sure how I feel about this particular crime. I don't drink anymore, but when I did, I drove drunk a few times. I would think that anyone who has ever driven drunk should have some sympathy for stalworth. This could have happened to any of us. You seem to think that stalworth is some kind of scumbag for doing this. Have you ever driven drunk? If you have, then I don't really think your stance is reasonable.

sooooo, you are going to blame a pedestrian for jumping out in front of a drunk driver? riiiight....
    yes i do blame the pedestrian for his death. NO its not right to drink and drive and you do have to suffer the consequenses but its still not donte's fault the man died.

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    In the Mighty words of Young Jeezy... Its crazy when you get more time for selling Dope than Murder...

The system sux all around.

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    LOL, are you drunk?
    i wish

Blog Entries
    So I can get wasted and ride around hitting whoever steps foot into the street. I mean, hey its no big deal right... Take my 30 day vacation and be on with my life.

But boy, I better not dare to train dogs to fight in my backyard. After-all, thats worse than killing people while driving drunk...

Doesn't make a lick of sense.

well if he would of swerved and hit a pedestrian on the sidewalk or jumped a curve or ran a red light and killed someone he would of been charged with homicide and not manslaughter. There is a difference between the 2 scenarios.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Get it straight guys, Mick Vick didnt get setenced to prision for killing dogs. he got sent to prision for Federal counts of financing the operation, directly participating in dog fights and executions, and personally handling thousands of dollars in related gambling activities, aka rackateering

That is a big a difference between killing dogs and what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post
    Get it straight guys, Mick Vick didnt get setenced to prision for killing dogs. he got sent to prision for Federal counts of financing the operation, directly participating in dog fights and executions, and personally handling thousands of dollars in related gambling activities, aka rackateering

That is a big a difference between killing dogs and what he did.
    Jumping jesus on a pogo stick...
    man you really are slow..i read alot of your stuff and i always end up scratching my head.
    u say vick didnt get sentenced for killing dogs, he went to prison for directly participating in dog fights and executions...

where is the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by mooseman33 View Post
    Jumping jesus on a pogo stick...
    man you really are slow..i read alot of your stuff and i always end up scratching my head.
    u say vick didnt get sentenced for killing dogs, he went to prison for directly participating in dog fights and executions...

where is the difference?
    I think hes trying to say the charges were much higher because he got busted for racketeering other than just dog fighting/killing.

i understand, the way he wrote it was wrong..
    but then again, i write like shit so, who am i to talk...

and i agree it was more then just one thing.. guess i was just actin like a dick...
    Last edited by Mooseman33; 06-16-2009 at 02:44 PM.

I think the point is that they cannot prove that the accident was caused by the drinking.

I don't think anyone feels like what he did was ok in any way. But like it was said before, many of us get behind the wheel as drunk or more than him. We are just lucky some guy didn't bolt out in the street when we weren't expecting it.

And to people saying we would feel differently if it was a family member or friend....what the hell do I care if a guy gets 30 days or 30 years, somone close to me is gone. I'd be so messed up from the fact that they were gone, I could care less what happened to the guy. It was an accident. Now, if he purposely killed someone close to me, that's different.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    This all came down to paying the family enough money to tell the prosocuter to back off. Obviously the family cared more about lining thier pockets then the relative who was working construction to feed them and walked to and from work every night.

ray0414 is offline Member
    i read the first and last post so i dont know if this was mentioned, the the family had to OK the entire deal. if hte family is ok with it then oh well. they get arbitration money, and he goes to jail for 30 days. im not positive but im thinking i remember that the guy was homeless, so obviously his family didnt care that much about him.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    some of you may or may not know about donte stallworth nfl receiver for the cleveland browns ran over and killed a 57 year old pedestrian in miami, fl. While drunk driving on south beach last year.

today he was slapped with 30 days in jail...are you fvcking kidding me??????????

Mike vick gets 2 years for killing dogs and donte stallworth gets 30 days for killing a human being??????????

This is really fvcked up!!!!!

Ap article released 20 minutes ago...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...wxjlgd98rt2701

money talks!!!

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information