Thread: Workers comp?

CBGB is offline Senior Member

Workers comp?

I stumbled while carying something pretty heavy at work the other day. Now I have a knot sticking out, about 2in right of my junk. Not sure if I am going to do anything about it, but it brought up a question.

My employer knows about my second life in the gym and I'm not sure if I could pass off any lifting type of an injury as workers comp claim. No matter if it happened there or not. Have any of you guys ran into this? Just wondering how to handle it if it happens again.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I made a worker's comp claim one time, and if I had known then what I know now, I would have just filed it on my regular company insurance. The company denied that I was hurt, denied that I could have been hurt at work, etc etc etc. I had a hard time finding a doctor that would take workers comp insurance, and when I finally found one, I could tell he didn't really want to do anything. I was lucky that the problem resolved itself after about a year.

If I had just gone to my regular doctor, the company wouldn't have cared, and I'd have saved myself a lot of trouble.

In your situation, sounds like you might have some sort of hernia. Definately needs a doctor's attention. Maybe surgery, maybe not. Until you get a MD's opinion, I wouldn't be lifting anything heavy . . .

iballin09 is offline New Member
    I agree with Tock^^ Hernias are no joke bro. Sounds like you should get it looked at for sure.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries

Matt's got a point. Pork Faggots fix everything!

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    The problem with workman's comp is they have been scammed so many times they do not believe anyone unless there were witnesses to the accident. Luckily I have never been seriously hurt at work because it takes our workman's comp insurance 6 weeks to kick in. If this is something you will not loose time at work for I would just see your regular doc. Only down side to this is if you need some type of surgery then you would have to pay a portion of it.

Darksyde is offline Member
    sounds like an inguinal hernia. i have had both sides, and an umbilical.

I'm sure I should have it checked out, although I will admit I probably wont.

I guess the question is.... Has anyone ever had a work injury and had problem taking care of it because of their training.

For instance. I do a lot of overhead lifting at work and rotator cuff injury's are pretty common. I wonder if I would have a hard time filing a claim at work if it happened to me, because of their knowledge of my training.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Let me heal your shoulders!!!

jbm

jbm

J431S is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
    I'm sure I should have it checked out, although I will admit I probably wont.

I guess the question is.... Has anyone ever had a work injury and had problem taking care of it because of their training.

For instance. I do a lot of overhead lifting at work and rotator cuff injury's are pretty common. I wonder if I would have a hard time filing a claim at work if it happened to me, because of their knowledge of my training.
    ^ A friend of mine had a similar situation like yours at one of my previous work places many years ago. After he reported his injury, he was granted a paid sick leave while he was being examined by doctor. Two wks later upon his release from doctor's care he was fired from the job for some other cooked up reasons. Several months later when i run into him i asked him what happened, his belief was that HR manager in charge of worker's comp didn't believe his injury was work related. I think u should be care with making claims if u don't want to end up on an unemployment line especially in this hard time. There are geeks in HR who trying to keep insurance cost down and might compromise it for your personal problems. But if u are in good terms with them, go for it, it is free healthcare but otherwise not!

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    Brother Tuff it out, or we gotta add you to this Thread -

Deadbeats in this Country.

LMAOOOO. j/k

lol

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am 5 weeks post surgery . Diagnosed as a sports hernia . I was trying to move a broken pallet at work . The manual pallet jack would not fit . Pushed pulled and tugged like a dumbass . Contacted supervisor right away . Thus on workers comp . Everyone at work knows my passion for the gym . The company has regular health survey's and suggest modest exercising .

Quote Originally Posted by dontwannabold View Post
    I am 5 weeks post surgery . Diagnosed as a sports hernia . I was trying to move a broken pallet at work . The manual pallet jack would not fit . Pushed pulled and tugged like a dumbass . Contacted supervisor right away . Thus on workers comp . Everyone at work knows my passion for the gym . The company has regular health survey's and suggest modest exercising .
    No problems then? Any non-believers?

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    dude go through your work,, you hurt yourself on the job then they should pay for it. You liking to workout should have no bearing on your situation.

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No 1 questioned me . By working out I believe you are healthier than average person . I see the same people that abuse system at work are the same ones in the smoking area of the cafeteria . Talking about the abilities of mass alcohol consumption . We have to call jobhurt for any instance of possible work injury . Then there's transitional duty where you can hang around for a few days if you have a sore back . I would believe the person that takes pride in there well being are the same who take pride in there actions . Let employer know you where injured there and accept the workers comp. Recovery time is a standard of 6 weeks. Good luck

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    can't fake an inguinal hernia

Thread Information