Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    you fools is some bad asses up in here.

scribbs12 is offline Member
    anyone know anything on SERE? ... do they just teach the whole time??? or what do they do when they get deployed? teach?? do they actually go out in the field. ?

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scribbs12 View Post
    anyone know anything on SERE? ... do they just teach the whole time??? or what do they do when they get deployed? teach?? do they actually go out in the field. ?
    SERE's is a rough school.. but really fun also.. i don't understand what you are asking though about deploying... and yes there is a field part of it.

Kingweb50 is offline Member
    I went to sere part of it is classroom and part is in the field

Juturna is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    anyone in SPEC ops any branch? could you state some of your experiences? and branch etc..just curious..
    im leaving soon to the air force.. for TACP.. wanted to do combat control.. but i barley passed the past for that. they said they needed better scores.. plus i read and researched its pretty tough.. and if i were to wash out.. reclassified into a bs job..tacp is hard as well but tech school isnt 2 years.. so thats another thing i didnt wanna be stuck in.... tech school 2 years!?.. tacp entrance test is cake.. 2mile run in less than 15, 45min push ups, 45 min sit ups, 8 pull ups gets you in the door.
    2 Mile - 15 min?
    8 pull ups?

1st Recon Bn here ... those standards are a joke... And your complaining about 2 years at a tech school? Think about it this way (based on my schooling to sf in the Corps);

3mo - BC
    2mo - Infantry School (ITB)
    1mo - MARC (marines awaiting recon course)
    .5mo - RIP
    3mo - BRC (basic recon course)
    2mo - advanced infantry school
    1.5mo - SERE school
    1mo - airborne school

That's a little less than 15 months of school alone, not counting down-time when your in between schools which I'd base around 2 1/2 months. Or being deployed 4 days before your school starts for 9 months.

SF isn't something you can just get by being in mediocre shape - and if cardio is your down-side... forget it. I guarantee sf in any branch would be the most demanding thing you've ever done in your life mentally or physically. And it isn't just "Oh, I'm a tough son of a bitch, I don't cry" type attitude. You don't know until you do it, any of it.

Just a heads up - might not be what you expect it to be.

Best & worst times of my life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information