ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries

Bloodwork in the mornin =g I have to "fast" for 12 hrs

Nit sure how I am going to do that for 12 hours! I got home from the gym at 5pm did my PWS and then 1/2 hour later ate again! not suppose to eat after 7:30pm but I had to eat something at 9pm!! Could not help it did legs today and was sure not going to not give my legs the protein it needed! hopefully I can make it from 9pm til 7:30am ! it sucks cause my body wakes me up at 3am every night to eat some protein. Just got a feeling I am going to get uo in the middle of the night and not be able to go back to bed

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    you don't HAVE to fast, unless they are checking you for diabetes(A1c), glucose and insulin levels, etc....

i never fasted, i just told them that and they write it in, what are you getting tested for?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    there are lots of test you have to fast for. Skipping a meal is better then getting a test wrong

seriousmass is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    there are lots of test you have to fast for. Skipping a meal is better then getting a test wrong
    x2... you're already getting your bloodwork done, might as well make it as accurate as possible.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    They always tell me to fast for blood work.

You can have water and 1 cup of coffee black in morning buts all.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I usually am told not to eat after midnight and I have my blood drawn as soon as the lab opens up the following morning. That's for blood glucose, and lipid profile/hepatic panel.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    I had a complete blood workup done / Full Lipid Panel That was my theory, I figure I might as well fast like they told me to and get an accurate results for all of my tests! I think she was going to test for pretty much everything she could test for. this will be the first bloodwork that this new doctor will take so I am sure whe wanted a complete baseline set of results.. and at 7:55am Friday July 17th They got it

Thread Information