powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

spark plug sizes?

I thought all spark plugs were 5/8" or 13/16". Trying to work on my atv and finally figured out it was 18mm. is that common? i cant seem to find a specific spark plug socket in an 18mm. what all sizes are out there?

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Yup many different sized. Sounds like a Yamaha? Just get a set of spark plug sockets or any set of deep sockets will work. Usually though the kit under the seat has on in it.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Yup many different sized. Sounds like a Yamaha? Just get a set of spark plug sockets or any set of deep sockets will work. Usually though the kit under the seat has on in it.
    its a honda rancher 4x4. so they can come in any size? think ive heard of 14mm too. 5/8, 13/16,14mm, and 18mm or even more sizes?

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    surprisingly yes I think so, you just need to always be prepaired with the right one for what you are riding. I always keep the stock tool under the seat and a NEW spare plug in case I drown it in water and it gets fouled.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    Can find out 100% for you monday! My Brother works on Small Engines , he ownes a Repair . Machine shop! Bu I would Say from Experiencs that is why most of the companies give you a tool kit with a Plug Wrench in that way you have the correct size!

Quote Originally Posted by ninesecz View Post
    Can find out 100% for you monday! My Brother works on Small Engines , he ownes a Repair . Machine shop! Bu I would Say from Experiencs that is why most of the companies give you a tool kit with a Plug Wrench in that way you have the correct size!
    Thanks. Yea i bought this used and got no wrench or manuals with it. its a pain, they got manuals online but the cheapest are $29. so im just figuring stuff out on my own. if you could ask your bro what oil type too id appreciate it. im thinking 5w-20

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post
    Thanks. Yea i bought this used and got no wrench or manuals with it. its a pain, they got manuals online but the cheapest are $29. so im just figuring stuff out on my own. if you could ask your bro what oil type too id appreciate it. im thinking 5w-20
    I use 10w40 myself.

Ok found out there are 4 sizes: 5/8, 13/16, 3/4, and 18mm. it makes sense now. Also got a guy to lookup the oil i need and it was 5w-30.

Thread Information