Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member

What would you do?

A couple of weeks ago I was in the gym around 5 oclock. I was about to finish up my shoulder routine with standing lat raises. As I am doing my last few reps, this girl sneaks up behind me and bends down to get a DB (As I am doing my set) and came about 2 inches away from catching a 25lb DB to the face. Luckily, I happen to see her at the last minute and stopped. It really pissed me off, I shouted "god dammit" and moved over and finished my set. She really pissed me off for interupting my set, but most of all, she almost got seriously injured out of her stupidity.

After that, I see her go up to these three guys and start talking. I came to the conclusion that the one guy was her bf and he starts staring me down immediately. I said to myself "fvck this guy, he can stare all he wants."

Now I bump into these three assholes every Tuesday and Thursday. Due to my work schedule, I cannot go at a diffrent time and avoid them. The bf of the girl constantly gives me dirty looks and I'll catch him whispering to his friends. Once again, I can careless, I am there to take care of business and leave.

Today, I almost lost it. I stacked 4 plates of the smith machine and was ready to begin my second set of shrugs. This jerk off walks up right as I am about to do my set and pulls off a 45 plate from the BB and puts it on the Decline bench so he can use it! I was in udder disbelief. For about 30 seconds I just stood there in shock. Then I started to get irate. It's one thing to look at me and its another thing to start fvcking up my work outs. I was just about to say something to him but then I realied, no don't say anything because if he starts to run his mouth, chances are I am probably going to hit him.

This guy is about 5'9" and 165lbs. Where as, I am 6'3" at 240. One shot and I would probably really injure him. I do not want to get arrested over some arrogant prick. However, I am not going to tolerate this terrible etiquette any longer.

soooo, with that being said. Should I pull him aside and try asking him wtf his problem is? The best thing to do is just ignore it, but if he pulls another plate off the machine I am using one more time, I'm probably going to lose my temper and nail him.

What is the best way to solve this?
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 08-06-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    I am a pretty nice and respectable guy at my gym so people don't fvck with me plus I go late at night so I know the people there.

I do get stared at time to time probably people saying "look at that roid head" or something, but i could careless.

That being said if someone came and took a weight off my rack as I was about to do an exercise, I would just calmly wait, wait until he starts his exercise (decline bench) then as he is doing it I would go up and grab the 45 and yank it off and put it back on my thing.

If he gets up and in gets in my face, *wham* you hit him. Pure and simple.

That is disrespectful, I don't know what you look like, but if i was 165lbs and short i wouldn't **** with someone who has nearly 80lbs on me plus height. So this kid has either got balls or really thinks you aren't going to do shit. Put him in his place.

I see where you're coming from, but theres things to consider. Funny part is, I am 22 and he is about 8-10 years older than me, along with his two other friends. I always think about consequences. If I rock this fvcker, I'll end up going to court and the judge is gonna look at both of us and probably take his side for the most part because I'm 4x is size. Real tough situation, just wish people weren't suck ignorant fvcks

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    i would have walked over and took the 45 off his decline and put it back on the smith machine

playboii is offline Senior Member
    i woulda walked over and said what the **** are you doing i was using that and took it off his barbel and put it back onto my machine..I always put people in check at my gym when they try to take a weight off of what I am doing or cut my set short by getting on the machine as if he didnt see I was using it. I say next time you see him on a machine take the weight off and put it on to yours and if he has something to say then theirs only one more option and let him know that if it wasnt for you that his little gf woulda been in the hospital with stitches for getting in your way the day before while you were doing lateral raises..then if that doesnt work..punch him in the mouth.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Rip his face off and eat it

xavier_888888 is offline Senior Member
    So did he took the 45 in front of you? If he did , thats very disrespectful and I would do what phate said and take the 45 off his decline.

Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    I see where you're coming from, but theres things to consider. Funny part is, I am 22 and he is about 8-10 years older than me, along with his two other friends. I always think about consequences. If I rock this fvcker, I'll end up going to court and the judge is gonna look at both of us and probably take his side for the most part because I'm 4x is size. Real tough situation, just wish people weren't suck ignorant fvcks
    Self-defense is a beautiful thing. Bait him in, get in his face and say either you leave me the **** alone or you get some balls and fight me.

Try to get him to swing, once he does you have probable cause to swing back.

End of story

kojak_x is offline Associate Member
    The guy actually took one of your plates as you were going to lift. Now that disrespectful as hell. He must be one stupid basterd. Now im surprised you let him walk off with that plate. You should of said something (in a nice way) that you were using that and see what happens. Now he also must be braindead if ur 240 and he is 165. I would let it go for now but if that happens agian you have to say something. Just remember you have to control yourself. Your huge compared to him and it wouldn't even be a fight with you putting your weight behind you. He most likely thinks you were rude to his girlfriend (feels like he has to do something about it) but doesn't understand the reason behind it cause that dumb bitc.h didn't tell him the whole story.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    I would have got Seriousmass to kick some Seriousass

I've been in this type of situation before where people try to play hard in the gym just cause they think they are the biggest badass in the world or the way I look seems to get me mean mugs.

I either get respect and people praise me or then you get the people that I don't know what their problems are but the stare you down and just try to piss people off

And I agree with Phate, but don't be passive, but I would straight up say I was using that give it back to me in my psycho crazy I'ma rip your face off and eat it look. This is what i do and every single time I get the same response "Oh ok man, my bad"

If I'm not your friend I will be aggressive if you piss me off thats just me, if you are my friend and you piss me off I am passive for whatever reason.

If you were using it don't let people walk over you that are unfriendly, fvck em up! haha.

Otherwise I am one of the nicest most helpful people in the gym and will help or allow people to share with me when they are friendly.

xavier_888888 is offline Senior Member
    LMAO!! I like that PSYCHO CRAZY I'MA RIP YOUR FACE OFF AND EAT LOOK. Have to try that one of this days.

Looking small Reed whats going on you taking estrogen again?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    Rip his face off and eat it
    Lol, you still hungry after all that eating? i hear faces are high in fiber

Yes extra estrogen, and I'm filling out ok, that pic was me flat but vascular.

Competition is saturday then another one next saturday

Trying to get my mind in the right spot, super aggressive and confident

About to Phil Heath these kids.... they ain't ready

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P51UkOM6GUQ

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    Lol, you still hungry after all that eating? i hear faces are high in fiber
    I got over 1000 grams yesterday

I'm full and just getting my mind on point

NS
    NS is offline Associate Member
    I agree ******, if you hit him it will look bad for you in a court pretty much no matter what. As kojak said the gf prob didn't understand what happened and gave him an emotional version of events and now the bf feels like he has to do something.

Hopefully he won't pull anything else like that again but if he does then explain that you were not angry with his girlfriend when she put herself in danger but that you were just worried for her safety and that you would hate to see her or anyone else get hurt in the gym, then you could ask him what you have done to deserve being harassed and provoked every time you use the gym like this.
    Last edited by NS; 08-06-2009 at 06:08 PM.

NS
    NS is offline Associate Member
    If all the diplomacy fails then when he takes the plate next time you walk up to him, stare him down, then kiss him on his forehead and walk off. See how he reacts to that lol.

Iron_Pig is offline Member
    Walk over to him and ask him what his problem is next time you see him

C-MaN is offline Senior Member
    Ok bud here is what i have come to realize in a gym type setting. If you have some dude that has a problem with you.. especially if he thinks you did something to his girl he is going to do something, either talk wise or what happened to you with the smith machine. And if he has his buddies beavis and butthead there with him i am sure they were pumping him up.. fvck that dude man.. you gonna let him get away with that shit.. blah blah blah blah. Back when i was at university i was in the gym one day and there was a group of dudes who would always look at me and my brother and whisper and say shit for whatever reason.. So one day i was doing military presses and sure enough they were there saying shit under there breathe... this time i heard what they were saying because i opted not to bring my ipod. When one of the guys started looking at me through the mirror with a smirk on his face i threw the 85lb dumbbells pretty much at him stood up and said YOU GOT A **** PROBLEM DOUCHE BAG ! ! The bitch backed down.. what im trying to get at is...... STAND UP FOR YOURSELF BUD.. i would never let someone take any type of plate of mine.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    A couple of weeks ago I was in the gym around 5 oclock. I was about to finish up my shoulder routine with standing lat raises. As I am doing my last few reps, this girl sneaks up behind me and bends down to get a DB (As I am doing my set) and came about 2 inches away from catching a 25lb DB to the face. Luckily, I happen to see her at the last minute and stopped. It really pissed me off, I shouted "god dammit" and moved over and finished my set. She really pissed me off for interupting my set, but most of all, she almost got seriously injured out of her stupidity.

After that, I see her go up to these three guys and start talking. I came to the conclusion that the one guy was her bf and he starts staring me down immediately. I said to myself "fvck this guy, he can stare all he wants."

Now I bump into these three assholes every Tuesday and Thursday. Due to my work schedule, I cannot go at a diffrent time and avoid them. The bf of the girl constantly gives me dirty looks and I'll catch him whispering to his friends. Once again, I can careless, I am there to take care of business and leave.

Today, I almost lost it. I stacked 4 plates of the smith machine and was ready to begin my second set of shrugs. This jerk off walks up right as I am about to do my set and pulls off a 45 plate from the BB and puts it on the Decline bench so he can use it! I was in udder disbelief. For about 30 seconds I just stood there in shock. Then I started to get irate. It's one thing to look at me and its another thing to start fvcking up my work outs. I was just about to say something to him but then I realied, no don't say anything because if he starts to run his mouth, chances are I am probably going to hit him.

This guy is about 5'9" and 165lbs. Where as, I am 6'3" at 240. One shot and I would probably really injure him. I do not want to get arrested over some arrogant prick. However, I am not going to tolerate this terrible etiquette any longer.

soooo, with that being said. Should I pull him aside and try asking him wtf his problem is? The best thing to do is just ignore it, but if he pulls another plate off the machine I am using one more time, I'm probably going to lose my temper and nail him.

If that happened to me i would have waited for him to start benching the weight and i would have pulled that plate right back off.

Feed him a dumbbell, then tell him you were just trying to help him out because he looked like he needed more iron.

DOM6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    i would have walked over and took the 45 off his decline and put it back on the smith machine
    good answer
    And pulled the other one off just to be an ass

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    honestly dude it was probably him trying not to feel like a bitch because the female used her emotional bullshit explaination of the earlier situation.

I doubt he is going to do anything again after the fact to tell you the truth;

Ultimatley its probably not the best idea to go up to him right off the bat looking for a confrontation.

But you damn well better put him in his place if anything else goes down in the future!!!

Whats done at this point is done so wait for him to be a douche again and take care of it if he does try anymore bullshit

monkeyman33 is offline Associate Member
    yeah dude what is done is done, no point of starting a confrontation because it will make you look like the ass. If he does though decide to jack your weights again you must tell the dude you were using that plate in a normal or possibly mean faced way if required, but I'm sure the little jerk off will not do it again unless he knows what is good for his health and his lungs after you punch him in the chest and they collapse. Anyways, just forget about it because if you do not you will let this little jerk off ruin your workouts by not being able to stay focused.

fit4ever is offline Associate Member

These other people are not the problem. You're the problem as you are choosing to be angry over someone elses actions. Ignore them and take responsibility for your own actions. It's a can't lose strategy.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    kill him

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    If you have aspirations to be anything other then a landscaper or day laborer for $10-12/hr and dont want to work construction for the rest of your life, I would let that roll off your back. It is one thing to be out at the bar in a dark area where no one knows you from the next guy. But in situations where you are easily identifiable, it is always wiser to take the high ground. In high school or maybe even when i was a fresh/soph in college I would have thought nothing of dropping someone no matter where I was at. However, now that I am out of college, and I have my future career to consider, I cannot be involved in that kind of stuff. I dont even want to be in a situation where I am arrested/accused of assault and then later acquitted or found not guilty. Something like that would keep me from being licensed by the medical board.

The way I look at it, why would I jeopardize a $400,000/year salary+benefits for some asshole who "disrespected" me? 1 minute worth of "showing him who's boss" would cost me millions of dollars in lost income. I want to provide things for myself and my future family, and I will not throw that away so that I can feel like a tough guy or show some insignificant nobody that he needs to respect me. I'd rather crush him with my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    If you have aspirations to be anything other then a landscaper or day laborer for $10-12/hr and dont want to work construction for the rest of your life, I would let that roll off your back. It is one thing to be out at the bar in a dark area where no one knows you from the next guy. But in situations where you are easily identifiable, it is always wiser to take the high ground. In high school or maybe even when i was a fresh/soph in college I would have thought nothing of dropping someone no matter where I was at. However, now that I am out of college, and I have my future career to consider, I cannot be involved in that kind of stuff. I dont even want to be in a situation where I am arrested/accused of assault and then later acquitted or found not guilty. Something like that would keep me from being licensed by the medical board.

The way I look at it, why would I jeopardize a $400,000/year salary+benefits for some asshole who "disrespected" me? 1 minute worth of "showing him who's boss" would cost me millions of dollars in lost income. I want to provide things for myself and my future family, and I will not throw that away so that I can feel like a tough guy or show some insignificant nobody that he needs to respect me. I'd rather crush him with my wallet.
    That's how I look at it. Solid advice. Being that I don't come from a lot of money, each semester I get grants from the state towards my tuition. One of the rules above the dotted line I signed stated "If convicted of a crime, grants are noneligible." So I'm not going to risk my future over some moron who struggles with 135 on the flat bench, makes himself look stupid without my help. Thanks for the help.

RangersLTW is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Hmm.....I would would have to budge him just a little.....remember no witness no crime

Quote Originally Posted by NS View Post
    If all the diplomacy fails then when he takes the plate next time you walk up to him, stare him down, then kiss him on his forehead and walk off. See how he reacts to that lol.
    Do not do this unless you want your sexuality questioned

Bojangles69 is offline Banned

I actually have already hit someone with a dumbell before.

I was doing 35lbs for tricep kickbacks and this guy/kid was trying to sneak behind me as I was letting the dumbell swing forward, I don't know if he thought I'd pause and wait (I could see him in the mirror accross the gym but I had my head down so if he expected me to stop thats his fvck up)

I swung it back and nailed the guy right in the ribs. The SECOND I felt it hit him I dropped the weight, swung around, and didn't even think, the words "dude wtf" came out of my mouth pretty loud.

He apologized, then I apologized and it was over. But even now, I don't acknowledge people if they're by me, I don't look around when I'm doing sets, I don't fvcking care, it stresses me out too much.

If someone gets nailed, its their fault pure and simple.

But I'll tell you the reason why all this has built up in your mind is one simple word, "communication", or a lack there of.
    I'm telling you the staring games and whole tough guy act is just gonna make both of you angrier, and worse, its really making your angrier about NOTHING.

He doesn't know shit about you except what his gf told him, and you don't know shit about him except what you think his gf told him. If it ever happens again you must COMMUNICATE or you're gonna wind up killing him.
    Don't be tough (I never come off that way if I have even just a second to think first, its not cool no matter how big of a deush he *seems)

But ALL YOU NEED TO DO next time.
    Put your weights down, turn to him and POLITELY say "I'm sorry but can you not pull weights when I'm in the middle of my set, it freaks me out and I don't wanna drop weights on my feet"

Thats ALL. But dont say it like an ass (even if hes looking at you funny). Say it like you just met him that second, completely indifferent to any hostility to have towards him. Then squash it and let it go.
    But just think about how many people die everyday in this world just cause they couldnt open their mouths and communicate. When you hold shit in like that you're basically turning molehills into mountains, its a waste of time and energy.
    Last edited by Bojangles69; 08-06-2009 at 10:15 PM.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro if you lived close to me in CALI I would take care of it for you. Point him out and no words or questions would be asked. I'd knock the fu.ck out of him.

fit4ever is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    But I'll tell you the reason why all this has built up in your mind is one simple word, "communication", or a lack there of.
    I was thinking more along the lines of pride. Because the fact is, people are going to do things that we don't like in life. But it's unwise for us to think that others are going to adhere to our own expectations. So what you end up with is a risk vs. reward scenario. He went in there to work out and if he makes good decisions, he leave there having worked out. The other option is a criminal offense. And being overly prideful is what lands people in jail.

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    Ya know what always works... go BUY a pair of thongs ok.... now keep them in your pocket of your gym shorts and when you see the GIRL and THE A**HOLE together at the same time again politely walk over.. reach in your pocket.. pull out said Thong hand it to her and say " Hey you forgot these... just thought you'd want them back.. they look expensive.."

DO IT !!!! DO IT DO IT DO IT !!!!

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    wait till hes doing his set of declines and locks it out then go over and take the plate off the bar mid set...

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference

WOW!!!! that is bang out of order!!!!! fukin hell im pissed off for you....i dont know how you managed not causing a scene...i would of had to of said something...fight are no fight...he just took the piss.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    I would tell him if he keeps staring or ever pulls another plate off of the BB when it is in use, you will take and shove that plate up his ass sideways and then grab another one and throw it through the window of his car!!
    I would then probably just beat the shit out of him!! I actually keep a 7iron in my trunk at all times for reasons like this! I have found the 7 iron has just the right amount of angle to it and if you catch someone across the jaw just right it is a beautiful thing!

spooledup is offline Banned
    You really have to be careful. Things like this can escalate into something you never imagined.

Let's say you have words with him. He and his buddies wait for you to come outside after your workout. They say disrespectful things to you and you confront them. They irritate you to the point of you getting physical. You take a swing, one of the guys pulls a gun out and all of a sudden your life changes dramatically.

Doesn't matter how big the guy is, you can't fight a bullet. You don't know how far these guys are willing to take it.

People take drastic action over silly shit these days.

My recent story:

Got a new windsurfing sail and wanted to rig it in my yard. Stepped in dog crap and I don't have a dog. Next day I see a little dog crapping in the same area. I chase the dog off. The owner comes over to get the dog. I say " would be nice if you picked it up". He immediately says "CHILL". Now I'm 6' 220. My neighbor is about 5'8"-5'9" and about 150-160lbs. I didn't like that one bit and I wanted to rip his head off the way he said it.

He ended up knocking on my door a few minutes later saying he picked it up. BUT, after I explained to him I stepped in it the day before he deinied it was his dog. I believe he was lying (turds were same size), but I said "you're right...it could have been another dog". We shook hands and we are on good terms now.

Bottom line is gym people are like neighbors, you see them all the time, so it's best to get along with them if you can.
    Last edited by spooledup; 08-08-2009 at 12:36 PM.

johnCash is offline Associate Member
    whats the deal with newbs or retards at the gym. if i see someone sitting near a machine ill ask them "are you using this?" b4 i start changing weights. every week some idiot or old man comes up and starts trying to steal my machine basically or start changing the weight until i rudely shout "im using this". its always some loser doing circuit training, or some twig old man doing rehab, never some big guy or anyone you see down there often. last week some old bast*rd did this, i told him to beat it, then 15 min later i seen him do the exact same thing to someone else, it was funny but damn annoying

Thread Information