Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dancer is offline Anabolic Member

Do you remember single events in your life that changed you drastically?

We all have moments in our life.

There is the you before that moment and the you after, but those moments mean things to you.

Please this is a thread for serious stuff people can post. No pics please.

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    Woke up and sat on the side of the bed... Looked at my 6 month old daughter .And said I have to get my life togather..

I had been doing an 8-ball a day and weighed 145pds at 6 ft.(I had a low BF % though HAHA)

Needless to say that is way behind me . My daughteer is 8 and my son is 5.

Now I weigh 220 . Bench 315 for reps . And deadlift 495. And have a decent BF%.

That moment changed my life.

I love my kids ......But they can really piss you off some times..

DOM6 is offline Member
    i waas 17 and my super hot neighbors wife stamped my man card,
    I still think marriages are bullshit, lol

6 seeing and realizing what domestic abuse was and the results of alcohol and illicit drugs

9 moving outta war-zone

17 birthday party of a 28 year-old stamped my man card

18 AAS

19 First time I danced

21 getting stamped into jail for fighting

25 meeting my wife and growin with her

many more

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries
    When I lost my father in 2003, it changed everything.
    He fell to pancreatic cancer. I watched him wither away to nothing.

He was my best friend, and always there for me.

I realized how proud he was and the dignity he portrayed.

I also realized how everything he tried to explain to me, when I was younger, made sense.

I had already served this country, as he did. Had two children, and gone through a divorce.(That's always hard on kids, because they don't understand what has happened).

When your young, you think you know everything. And you believe it. You think your bullet proof.Until your best friend dies suddenly from a brain aneurysm.

This gets you thinking. The war that I was in.All the suffering, disease, and death.

This was more of an awakening for me. Or , I guess, a part of life.

So, sometimes there just isn't one thing that changes your life. It can be alot of different things, all happening or being realized at once.

But, in closing, my father's death was a pivotal time in my life.

I was different before it. Different during it. And different now.

I hope I can fill his shoes someday.

irish_2003 is offline Associate Member
    my second enlistment being handcuffed to a chair for 8 hours exercising my Miranda right to remain silent while my roommate (who failed a piss test) told NCIS about me selling xtc and lsd on base........2 years at the navy brig in charleston........

sizerp is offline Banned
    I took a very large dose of salvia divinorum 30x concentrate. i turned into a floor board and was strapped physically retarded for about 5-7 minutes.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    just broke up with my fiance. I moved to north jersey and desided to go out by myself the first weekend there and meet my wife

Juturna is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    18- First tour to find that I hated the people I was fighting for. Not because I discriminate, but because they spend every waking moment trying to kill me. Even the kids.

Sadly enough I wanted kids until my first tour. Now I'm terrified that by raising them, I'll subconsciously be giving them a pre-conceived mindset.

20 - My second tour... Keep my mouth shut. I'm actually scared that if I always have to keep the secrets I keep, I'll be alone my entire life.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    July 16, 2005 My Fiance went put to get hair spray so she could get redy to go play a round of golf...
    2 hours later a cop was at the door telling me ' I am very sorry sir, but she was in an accident and did not make it"
    Had to be by far the worst thing I have ever went through!

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    First serious GF at 18, I stopped being a every day all day stoner. I had been for 2+ years. 1981

My first wife getting into Coke and destroying both of our lives. 1991

My daughter being born and me having to get her away from the coke wife. 1993

Wife dying at the end of the divorce. 1995

2nd wife dying 2 years ago. Already divorced but still friends. 2007

Going to Thailand and discovering I was one of those people who was buying happiness and needed (still do) to liquidate. 2007, 2008 3x

Realizing that if you are in good shape Asian girls really are more attracted to you and even a shy guy like me doesn't have to work to meet girls. Asian girls LOVE foreigners but even more so if your in shape. 2007 - 2009

Meeting the next Mrs. and getting to be daddy again to a wonderful 4 yr old. soon.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 08-09-2009 at 04:40 AM.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sitting one morning after a several day blowout, thinking how can I be married to the finest chick I have ever met and have just spent 2k of our savings on coke, titty bars and piss.

I am an arse.

Flying with the gods after taking DTM
    Thinking I was dead after taking Salvia
    5 days in a Thai jail.
    Doc telling me a may have had a heart attack.
    Telling my Dad I love him.
    Last edited by terraj; 08-09-2009 at 05:06 AM.

Sauced_Up is offline Associate Member
    November 16th 2008, Crashed my motorcycle (04 Yamaha R1) doing 65mph. Helmet saved my life but had a huge gash on the left side. Was told by police and EMT's that came to the scene I should have been dead. My bike was in pieces about 75-100 ft away. Ended up in the hospital for 2 days, couldnt walk for 5 weeks, almost failed all my classes, left with some notorious scars on my legs...

Learned not to take life for granted, all happened literally in a blink of an eye. Truly does change your life forever.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    started taking drugs age 13

Stoped smoking weed age 21 after 8 years hardcore.....2002

Nearly going to jail for fighting...got community hours instead....2004

Mate being stabed to death at a house party....2006

me and my ex spliting after 7 years...2006

summer in ibiza...2007

going bankrupt 2009

realising training was more important to me than drugs..2009

being discharged as a bankrupt could be a major part...2009????

Going to Australia 2011???????? really hope this happens......

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    19 i kissed a boy and i liked it.

Addy:

07/24/2005 wrecked a R1 at 110mph and only God knows why I walked away

03/24/2005 burnth my legs in a house fire

running_scared is offline Junior Member
    22 - Meeting a professional bodybuilder (retired) and having him train me from a twig like figure not only helped me grow from 160-196, but helped me improve my personality immensely.

23 - Getting Accutane, to clear my back of acne. It's something I'd had to deal with all my life, and caused me to feel very insecure about myself in public. You'd never see me with my shirt off around people.

24 - Braces. Yup. My mouth looked very Britishlike (no offense to anyone with bad teeth), but I've always wanted to have decent grill, and they come off sometime this year. What a journey.

Great thread by the way.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    ^^^^^^^^ hey im British and my teeth are good!!!!!

i take them out everynight and give them a good clean!!!!

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    16 wrecked my gfs car
    19 wrecked my car
    21 wrecked my car
    22 guy wrecked my car

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by l2elapse View Post
    16 wrecked my gfs car
    19 wrecked my car
    21 wrecked my car
    22 guy wrecked my car
    I think that's a sign to start taking to bus.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I think that's a sign to start taking to bus.
    =[ me and machinery do not mix

Sauced_Up is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancer View Post
    Addy:

07/24/2005 wrecked a R1 at 110mph and only God knows why I walked away

03/24/2005 burnth my legs in a house fire

I ask myself how I walked away to, I even highsided my bike... somethings are left a mystery

Quote Originally Posted by Sauced_Up View Post
    I ask myself how I walked away to, I even highsided my bike... somethings are left a mystery
    I never seen God.

I never felt faith was an end all be all or explain all.

But in my life I can not explain why I am alive.

I do not know how I can still be standing without there being a God. That is the only answer I have for my personal mystery.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Dont lie, you where 12.

I kissed my first girl at 5 and was hooked. I had steady girl friends through Kindergarten, 1 and 2nd grade that we use to kiss/make out. Sweet little girls LOL
    Then I got shy no more GF until late high school

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    10-12 - was molested for 2 years by a friend of the family. Going through puberty and highschool I started suffering from severe anxiety and depression, although I hid it pretty well throughout most of highschool. I never told my folks till years later when I was on a downward spiral in life.

17 - Fell asleep behind the wheel after a 3 day binge on x prom weekend. It was monday morning was going to school and almost killed a mother and classmate hitting them head on. The g-force sent a zippo from my pocket through the windshield. Amazingly everyone was wearing seatbelts and noone got hurt.

18 - Passed out drunk on the parkway doing 60-70mph coming home from a party. (my friends should have took my keys that night, still my fault 100% though) I ran into the divider and shaved off the left side of my car untill the car came to a complete stop from the friction. Woke up, noone was on the road (like 2 am in the morning) drove home. Woke up the next morning wondering how I was still alive, was a bit mad that I still was..

19 - Got involved in a pretty serious drug ring producing, maintaining and operating the sales of well know designer drugs (x and crystal). A friend died in a car accident exporting the drugs to Brooklyn to sell. (he was a good kid, very smart) Got charged with 1 first degree count of maintaining and operating a CDS production facility, and 44 lesser charges. Was sentences to 7 years in prison and I had just started my freshman year in college. My life was falling apart.

20 - Got beat up in prison by 3 bloods, then got thrown in lock up for 9 days for getting the shit kicked outta me. While in lock up I ran into a the brick wall and tried to off myself. Stupid idea, got transfered 3 hours across state to a worse prison. I was slowly losing my mind and couldnt stand doing any more time.

21 - While all my friends were turning 21, graduating from college and what not, I had my 21 birthday in prison. I cried myself to sleep that night not being able to see a single person from my family on my b-day.. or my dog.

22 - Was released, had developed panic disorder and PTSD upon release. I was happy as shit to be out but could not be around people. I was always scared and paranoid, I didn't know how to act coming out of prison. I couldn't just go back to being that preppy white kid from the burbs. My identity was shattered and I now had to rebuild myself and sense of what and who I was.

24 - Had done 2 years on parole. Graduated one college and had transfered to another. Had a gf and full time job. My I still never felt right in the head. My past was eating me alive but I didn't wanna talk about it either.
    As much as my life seemed it was back on track, I cracked and swallowed 1200mg of phenobarbital (stole if from my aunt for her cat). Before my last final in the morning I swallowed them all and thats all I remember.

24 (later that day) Woke up in a psychward dual detox facility. My mom found me on the bed and called 911. They pumped my stomach before the pheno could do I wanted it to. Spent 14 days in a psychward, met some of the most interesting loving affectionate people in my life. Decided I wanted to follow through with psychology and getting my degree. I helped a lot of people when I was just a patient and nothing in the world felt better. I decided if I didn't get my life on track I really wasn't gonna make it much longer.

24 - (my "rebirth" or w/e you wanna call it) Came out the ward seeing a new dimension to life. I finally felt for ONCE in my life that I could actually help people, and do what I had initially set out to do when I was 19 (graduate college and become a counselor/therapist). One day something clicked, and it was like a thought that what happened to me between the ages of 10-12 may have actually caused everything I had been subjecting myself to since I was a little boy. I really started to fear and grow and new respect for death. So I began dedicating myself to facing my fears, no matter what, my fears werent going to run my life anymore, I needed to do something to fix myself.

Now I'm 27. I started reading outside of school about psychology, women, just all the things in life I felt I needed to know about. I started becoming A LOT more outgoing, and less critical of people. I started learning how to accept people and be a friend, rather then someone who just needs them for something. I started seeing an innocent side of life I never saw when I was younger. And over the past years, and through all the shit I've put myself through I've realized a few things.

Our fears are not real, they are only real to us. But because they are real to us, they can still take us out of this world.

People are not always out for their best interest. There ARE craploads of decent, down to earth loving people in this world, you just can't become suspect and reject them the second you meet them. You NEED to be open to new experiences, and moreso, you NEED to realize at 27, you still don't know shit about life.

So thats where I'm at now. Those are just all the negatives from my life. There have been a lot of good times as well. I have the 2 best parents in the world, the best family in general. I'm surrounded by a lot of smart and motivated people. I just really need to make sure I don't make any more wrong choices. I'm starting to see once and for all that a lot of what I have been through has actually gave me strengths and advantages I could have NEVER got w/out those experiences. So life does have a weird way of working itself out sometimes... guess we'll see..

edit: and I realized I never addressed the title of the thread. My answer would be a question, how the hell can you ever forget?
    Last edited by Bojangles69; 08-09-2009 at 07:44 PM.

fit4ever is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    just broke up with my fiance. I moved to north jersey and desided to go out by myself the first weekend there and meet my wife
    Wow man, I was a long time lurker and I do recall that.

Congrats!

fit4ever is offline Associate Member
    You want to know what the definition of irony is? It's that you so often make overly sexual/gay suggestions because you're still attempting to convince yourself that the life that you adhere to is okay in your very own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by fit4ever View Post
    You want to know what the definition of irony is? It's that you so often make overly sexual/gay suggestions because you're still attempting to convince yourself that the life that you adhere to is okay in your very own mind.
    Orrr he could just be comfortable in his sexuality, which is healthy.

Do you not make overtly sexual comments to your friends about girls you want to fvck or have fvcked? Or if your married now I'm sure you did it when you were still a bachelor. (how many times did they say "your just saying that cause you're trying to convince yourself that your not gay?" - cause if they did you should have decked them in the face)

I see that as nothing more then pride in DSM.

And moreso, you're not seeing the sequence of events DSM went through that led him to that point. Do you think being gay is easy? I wonder how much stress he use to go through in highschool about how he would explain his lifestyle to people who would be to young and critical to understand it. The fact alone that he prob went through SO MUCH SHIT may explain the way he is now. Hes decided not to be ashamed of it, hes open and fun about it, which I say is cool, normal, and speaks pretty well of his character..
    Last edited by Bojangles69; 08-09-2009 at 08:03 PM.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    Spring/Summer of 2004 my life fell apart.

My gf left me for some other guy. So I drank way too much to get over it. I gained a lot of weight, failed out of college, and got charged with assault on a police officer cuz I was a dumb drunk.

I was trying to hide all this from my mom, but I had to tell her because I needed help with a lawyer. I never had her look at me like I was a failure before this.

I picked my self back up again. It took about a year but I stopped drinking, my lawyer got my case dropped to public intoxication, I started a new career and now I have my own business.

And best of all. My ex, who started me on this free fall, wanted to get back together with me and I told her the truth, that I had no feelings for her anymore whatsoever.

lostcause is offline Junior Member
    8-accepting christ into my life (the biggest impact on my life to this day)

16-went from #1 in my class, to setting the record for the most absentces for a graduate, still hold the record. (changed my life b/c my whole outlook on life changed for the better IMO).

17-being falsely accused of rape, quiting football, and suspended from school for fighting a teacher. all within the a 2 month span. (charges come up completly false didnt even make it into court, rep takes a huge hit just for the allogations tho; teacher forced to resign for instigating, 10 days of OSS for me tho).

20-lost my first love, 100+K (bad investment with all of my money) and lost my first fight (incredibly humbling, priceless lesson)

these are the things that i think about everyday, other bs comes and goes.

This is the only reason I'm into psychology/counseling. I must have this thing for hearing peoples life stories just always found it so intriguing, keepem coming people!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    Orrr he could just be comfortable in his sexuality, which is healthy.

Do you not make overtly sexual comments to your friends about girls you want to fvck or have fvcked? Or if your married now I'm sure you did it when you were still a bachelor. (how many times did they say "your just saying that cause you're trying to convince yourself that your not gay?" - cause if they did you should have decked them in the face)

I see that as nothing more then pride in DSM.

And moreso, you're not seeing the sequence of events DSM went through that led him to that point. Do you think being gay is easy? I wonder how much stress he use to go through in highschool about how he would explain his lifestyle to people who would be to young and critical to understand it. The fact alone that he prob went through SO MUCH SHIT may explain the way he is now. Hes decided not to be ashamed of it, hes open and fun about it, which I say is cool, normal, and speaks pretty well of his character..
    Hit the nail right on the ......head. Get it

lmao! yes cupcake I get it.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    1. best choice I have ever made is to start smoking marijuana. And I am not being sarcastic. I have a habit where I smoke only once a week. I have a theory that marijuana somehow can encourage new neuron growth but also improve connectivity and efficiency of the brain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    1. best choice I have ever made is to start smoking marijuana. And I am not being sarcastic. I have a habit where I smoke only once a week. I have a theory that marijuana somehow can encourage new neuron growth but also improve connectivity and efficiency of the brain.

^^^^

and more. I feel it has taught me how to unlock the power of the so called "right brain thinking"

and not only connectivity neuron to neuron, but integration of the brain as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post

Thats interesting and I have heard similar from other people, just not any theory about it actually changing your physical brain structure (well it kills brain cells so its gotta change something)
    But I have heard people say because its such a powerful stress reliever, they're actually able to be less distracted by stress, and believe it or not work more efficiently in daily life then w/out it.

So I can't really argue with you, would just have to say it depends on the person I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    Thats interesting and I have heard similar from other people, just not any theory about it actually changing your physical brain structure (well it kills brain cells so its gotta change something)
    But I have heard people say because its such a powerful stress reliever, they're actually able to be less distracted by stress, and believe it or not work more efficiently in daily life then w/out it.

So I can't really argue with you, would just have to say it depends on the person I suppose.
    that is incorrect. Marijuana does not kill brain cells. The study about the killing of brain cells was done in the 70's on a monkey. WIth current day technology, no matter how hard they try, scientists just cannot reproduce those results. Their is absolutely nothing to support that mj kills brain cells. saying that mj kills brain cells by analogy is comparable to the science community's stances on steroids in the 70's, "they do nothing for muscle growth.

Let me just put it this way. I started smoking at about the time I got obsessed super serious about school. I feel mj has aided in brain development. I still stand by my theory. Perhaps thc plays some kind of role in initiating some chain of events that helps the brain to be more elastic.

in case you didnt see my second post on the subject. I also feel it can somehow encourage the brain to start acting as one unit, and become 1 integrated unit rather than a bunch of pieces.

and more. I feel it has taught me how to unlock the power of the so called "right brain thinking"

and not only connectivity neuron to neuron, but integration of the brain as a whole.

Blog Entries
    Can i volunteer as a test subject ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information