Griffin v Silva UFC

What the ****!! I thought this was going to be a close one.. griffin is my boy! he went down like a sack of shit rigged!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    yea glad i saw it at the bar and didnt pay for it

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    i really wonder why the **** he gave up.. i mean writters are writting it as if the ref stopped it, but griffen threw up his hand and said no more....

that was horrible, i had to eat my words because i thought griffen was the one going to knock silva around.. crazy night.

the only thing i wonder if griffen wasn't truly injuried (broken jaw, nose, or something) and so he gave up before letting it show in the ring, and also whey he ran out and was in the locker room before the post fight interview started.

Yer it was a love tap.. and then he stood up 3 seconds later and literally ran back to the locker room... hope somethin comes out of this like he had an injury we didnt know about or somethin. I really hope he didnt throw it for money cos hes my fav fighter surely not! But a guy that can have his arm broken and keep fighting and knock the other guy out with his other arm shouldnt go down with a punch like that ****ing bull shit how many guys have u seen knocked out with a jab... while walking backwards haha wat a joke

well i'll give it to silva, he is good, but i do believe on some levels griffen got injuried and just was to ashamed to admit it.. griffen is too proud of a person to get admitt defeat like that..

i think griffen is probably either truly injuried, or totally pissed at himself and didn't know how to handle being manhandle for the first time ever really..

it just seemed everytime silva throw a punch it landed.. and people keep calling it a jab, which on some levels yes it was a backward moving jab.. but it still came with alot of force, his head rocked.

but me personally, i think he broke his jaw, and scared to say it right then and there..
    Last edited by quarry206; 08-09-2009 at 02:08 AM.

DOM6 is offline Member
    Link???

I heard the rumor, and from lots of people online but can't find it anywhere to use as a source

griffen was rushed out of the fight because he couldn't hear, he told his trainers he could hear and they rushed him out and to the ER. where he reported as having a dislocated jaw and not able to hear out of his left ear..

anybody else heard about this, or is it just a rumor?

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    ****!!!! Griffen is the man. Im pissed. He will be back though. Guaranteed.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    A hit like that shouldn't have effected Forest Gritten like it did. He's normally so savage, don't know if he had an injury before hand or what, but he wasn't fighting well.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Griffen is an awesome fighter but silva is untouchable at this point. I felt bad for griffen it was embarassing

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    honestly...it looked to me like he got rocked and was too dumb to back off until he got his legs back.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Silva will keep beating people up for the next few years the only fight I see as a real challange would be machita. But Anderson Silva already said he would never fight him.

HILLBILLY is offline Associate Member

-JJ-

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    What does everyone think the outcome of the silva vs Roy jones jr boxing match will be.... I believe silva is gonna win if jones jr will actually step in the ring with him

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    What does everyone think the outcome of the silva vs Roy jones jr boxing match will be.... I believe silva is gonna win if jones jr will actually step in the ring with him
    I can't wait to hear the rationale behind that thought...

lostcause is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    I can't wait to hear the rationale behind that thought...
    his trainer, freddie roach says, "that he not ready yet, but is getting close." i would like to see it, buy imagine anderson would b a 5:1 underdog rightfully so.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Freddy Roach also said De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton would beat Floyd Mayweather, we know how that turned out....lol!!!

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    He got rocked twice, Griffin got heart he will be back, maybe rethink is strategy, was not a good idea to stand and exchange with Silva

Tarheel is offline Associate Member
    I hear a few people talking that the fight was rigged...Forrest has a better chin than that!

Yer alot of people are saying rigged but how can you rig a fight to have the underdog lose?? thats where that argument falls to peices.

My theory is that griffin sustained some sort of serious injury in the week leading up to the fight but knew if he backed out of the fight he would miss out on the 100k or thereabouts he would have got for the fight. So his trainers might have said go out there swinging and try and knock him out cold in the first few minutes if you arent landing any than youd best just go down and stay down. That way we still all get paid but you dont risk gettin seriously injured if you try and fight through the injury. Could have been somethin serious like a concussion the few days prior or kneck injury or who knows its just my theory.

Also the broken jaw/loss of hearing thing has been denied by his camp just a rumour

^^^ I agree with you, I think Silva won, but Griffen is a proud person and took defeat very hard.

If you watch the fight there are more than a few times Griffen is swinging as hard as he can with three punch combos and Silva just ducked them or moved. The fact of the matter is Griffen was trying his hardest, Silva was fast with his body and dodging that when silva did connect with a punch it was timed perfectly..

Griffen is a good fighter.. but MMA is like rock paper scissors.. and just because you are great doesn't mean somebody can't make you look like a beginner.. thats why it is one of the only sports that 15-5 is looked at as a good record. because in all honesty nobody wins them all....

thai-lan is offline Member
    unless you are fedor

Thread Information