Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member

Skinny kid at the gym

OK Im sure most of us have seen them but last night this one was cracking me up.

This kid, maybe 17 think as a rail and to make it worse was 6' 4"+ I swear my wrist are the size of his biceps.

That's not the funny part at all. Of course he is a typical kid doing everything wrong, trying to lift to much, failing most of the time, no form.

The funny part was after every machine he used (he used all of them at least once) he would walk up to the mirror and flex (no change/bulge) and look at his arms or he would pull his shirt to the side and look at his chest (flat as a 6yr old girl) and stand there for a few minutes doing this each time.

He spent more time in front of the mirror than working out and honestly spent more time looking at himself in the mirror while I was at the gym than I probably do in a month. LOL

Before making judgment please read my below post. You will see it's not because he was 16/17 or skinny, it was because he was being a spectacle and what he was doing was WAY over the top. I have been in the gym for years and have never seen anyone standing in front of the mirror 6" away looking at himself so much. I was expecting him to start pooping zits any second. LOL Really this was WAY over the top, everyone was watching him and snickering.

This is what he was doing basically but for longer between every set.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDjx2...eature=related
    Last edited by lovbyts; 08-15-2009 at 02:55 PM.

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries
    You'll only see him for a short time.

He will figure out how hard it is to BB.

Then he'll bail...

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Seasonal Gym rats

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    OK Im sure most of us have seen them but last night this one was cracking me up.

This kid, maybe 17 think as a rail and to make it worse was 6' 4"+ I swear my wrist are the size of his biceps.

That's not the funny part at all. Of course he is a typical kid doing everything wrong, trying to lift to much, failing most of the time, no form.

The funny part was after every machine he used (he used all of them at least once) he would walk up to the mirror and flex (no change/bulge) and look at his arms or he would pull his shirt to the side and look at his chest (flat as a 6yr old girl) and stand there for a few minutes doing this each time.

He spent more time in front of the mirror than working out and honestly spent more time looking at himself in the mirror while I was at the gym than I probably do in a month. LOL

Did you offer him any pointers or did you just sit there and laugh at him? Kids gotta start somewhere. I only ask the question because I train many high school athletes and most of them come to me in that 'condition'.

kickinit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *El Diablo* View Post
    Seasonal Gym rats
    I thought that was Jan-mar/Apr time frame?

No wait that's "newyearrevolutioners" as I like to call them.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Did you offer him any pointers or did you just sit there and laugh at him? Kids gotta start somewhere. I only ask the question because I train many high school athletes and most of them come to me in that 'condition'.
    I was wondering the same thing?

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

lola1182 is offline Female Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I was wondering the same thing?
    very good point.

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    omg BG u look like MATT HUGHES!!!!! hahahaha.....

nah we got guys like that in our gym. we got one guy that just comes to flex. i call him "flex" of course.. maybe hes trainin for abercrombie model

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    i dont give advice at the gym unless asked (when i workout at a big gym instead of home) nor would i want advice from anyone else..... less they looked like bg

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

operationgetbig is offline Senior Member
    well it's good practice to get in to. flexing in between sets. helps if u plan on competing. gotta know how to properly flex and pose. i started out pretty skinny and blew up really quick.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    good point we all started somewhere.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I've have learned don't give pointers unless asked or he is doing something dangerous.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

I know you love this bro...

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    should have put this in the "biggest idiot in the gym" post

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

This is the part where I ask you what it is you were doing? Just watching this kid or working out yourself?
    ***No source checks!!!***

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm curious to know the OPs stats...by his avatar, he looks in good shape but his biceps are probably the size of my wrists! LOL!!!!!

I'm kidding, but seriously, guys that the OP were referring to bother me as well, but I have no problem talking to them. If they act like they know it all, I laugh and chalk it up to the guy being an idiot. But at 17, I guarantee the guy probably read one too many FLEX mags. A little guidance could go a long way with this kid.

I've had little 200-220lb guys all the time tell me I should cut my BF so I could look better, I see their point, but those guys couldn't squat what I bench, so I laugh at them the same you the OP laughs at this kid.

YES I'M A JACKED FATTY AND PROUD OF IT!!! LOL!!!!!

jbm

If someone looks like the type that would take advise I am more than willing to give it and love talking to people but I'm not forward and just offer my advice/opinions without some kind of prompting.

He did not look like he was looking for any advise, he was spending FAR to much time at the mirror admiring himself after each 3 or 4 sets LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I've have learned don't give pointers unless asked or he is doing something dangerous.
    Exactly. I really dont just offer advise. If I get talking to someone and they ask or seem to want advise I will give some basic advise but keep it simple.

Really guys, this kid was SKINNY and being 6' 4" or MORE, maybe 6' 6" made him look even skinnier. The point was he had NO, muscles, a chest like a 6yr old girl but he was really admiring himself. He spent at least 3x in front of the mirror than he did on any weights. I was far from the only one looking and snickering. He was making a total spectacle of himself. Maybe you would have had to been there. I have seen many small kids flexing in front of the mirror. I did the same thing when I was young and small but her was really OVER doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    I know you love this bro...

OMG that is a CUTE snake I have a Ball python. I like snakes.

I like the handler also. My Thai girl was Scared to death of snakes but I got her to go to a snake show and hold one, besides my king cobra that scared her also. hahahahaha

fit4ever is offline Associate Member

I'm willing to bet that there's an area in his life where he excels and you don't. For all that you know, he may grow up to be a doctor and save your life one day.

These types of post are becoming far too common on this board.

OH REALLY is offline Banned
    i love flexing in the mirror

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by OH REALLY View Post
    Been getting into it myself lately, I dont care what people think, I only have that real good pump when Im at the gym.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    Quote Originally Posted by OH REALLY View Post
    me too...makes me feel like the only athelete in the gym...

kickinit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    ding ding ding... oh yes, not in anyones place to really give advice since it drives me crazy when someone does it to me.

OH REALLY is offline Banned
    ill even ask peolpe to move out of the way so i could see my self better...

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    This is the part where I ask you what it is you were doing? Just watching this kid or working out yourself?
    u read my mind.......attention on ur workout or if there is any nice piece of arse thats it

Quote Originally Posted by fit4ever View Post
    I'm willing to bet that there's an area in his life where he excels and you don't. For all that you know, he may grow up to be a doctor and save your life one day.

These types of post are becoming far too common on this board.
    NO SH*T, there is the same with EVERYONE.

What are you, where you one of the bean polls that like to look at yourself in the mirror and make a fool out of yourself? Is there something wrong with pointing out he was being an idiot? I would have point it out if it was some 400 lb guy or even some 225 lb totally buff guy, if you are standing in front of the mirror 6" away in a crowded gym admiring yourself 2 or 3x longer (or at all for that fact) than you are working out you are a FOOL and deserve to be laughed at.

Everyone steels glances at themselves and maybe flexes a little but this was WAY over the top. I'm not making fun of him because he is 16/17 and skinny, it's because he was being a spectacle.

These types of post are becoming far too common on this board. Is this particularly sensitive issue for you? By chance was/is this you??? Maybe learn something from these comment instead of just taking offense to them.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 08-14-2009 at 08:58 PM.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    OMG that is a CUTE snake I have a Ball python. I like snakes.

I like the handler also. My Thai girl was Scared to death of snakes but I got her to go to a snake show and hold one, besides my king cobra that scared her also. hahahahaha
    that's the chick from the fast and the furious 2, she plays Suki i think, at the time she was only 15 so in that picture she can't be more than 17-18

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    What do you think or you just being a smart ass. Its call the train wreck.... even if you dont want to look you have to. When you are driving and see a wreck, do you glance over? Most people screw up traffic by staring and slowing down or stooping to look.

Do you have any more stupid questions? Ill be glad to throw more logic and common sense your way, just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    that's the chick from the fast and the furious 2, she plays Suki i think, at the time she was only 15 so in that picture she can't be more than 17-18
    No wonder I think she is HOT.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 08-14-2009 at 08:59 PM.

jbm

NO SH*T, there is the same with EVERYONE.

What are you, where you one of the bean polls that like to look at yourself in the mirror and make a fool out of yourself? Is there something wrong with pointing out he was being an idiot? I would have point it out if it was some 400 lb guy or even some 225 lb totally buff guy, if you are standing in front of the mirror 6" away in a crowded gym admiring yourself 2 or 3x longer (or at all for that fact) than you are working out you are a FOOL and deserve to be laughed at.

Everyone steels glances at themselves and maybe flexes a little but this was WAY over the top. I'm not making fun of him because he is 16/17 and skinny, it's because he was being a spectacle.

These types of post are becoming far too common on this board. Is this particularly sensitive issue for you? By chance was/is this you??? Maybe learn something from these comment instead of just taking offense to them.
    It's okay. You're a little too prideful at this time to understand the real issue. Because the fact is, you're more sensitive to the issue than anyone here because you're the one that created the thread regarding the issue.

CBGB is offline Senior Member
    To be honest with you. The seasonals and the New Years people don't bother me. Them buyiny contracts a year at a time help keep my membership cost down. I can handle them acting like goofballs. The only thing that bothers me is when they congregate around a machine or rack. Even then, a simple "you guys gonna work or b.s." is pretty effective. In all other cases ignore them.

It's okay. You're a little too prideful at this time to understand the real issue. Because the fact is, you're more sensitive to the issue than anyone here because you're the one that created the thread regarding the issue.
    LOL if you notice the mods and vets seem to agree with ME so where does that leave YOU. LOL No sense of humor

You keep being the gym do gooder and help out all the young boys you can. Ill stick with working out and having a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    Looks GOOD but they should have moved the Honda out of the background...

LOL if you notice the mods and vets seem to agree with ME so where does that leave YOU. LOL No sense of humor

You keep being the gym do gooder and help out all the young boys you can. Ill stick with working out and having a good time.
    I expect most people on here to agree with you because the greatest common denominator on this site is that every man loves himself way more than he's willing to admit. And if you don't live up to certain standards that this board is about, then you're not worthy.

You're still missing the point. You talk as if you came out of the womb as an expert. Knowing it all and being it all and never having a starting point in your fitness journey. Believe it or not, everyone in this world is unique and just because they choose not to adhere to your expectations doesn't make them a douchebag.

You're probably right as you're probably bigger, stronger and heck, maybe even a little better than me in life. I do have some areas in my life where I excel at certain things. But I feel no need to advertise them on an Internet message forum and use them to my advantage to make other people look dumb.

Humble yourself.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    What do you think or you just being a smart ass. Its call the train wreck.... even if you dont want to look you have to. When you are driving and see a wreck, do you glance over? Most people screw up traffic by staring and slowing down or stooping to look.

Do you have any more stupid questions? Ill be glad to throw more logic and common sense your way, just ask.

Nah, your post was enough.
    ***No source checks!!!***

I expect most people on here to agree with you because the greatest common denominator on this site is that every man loves himself way more than he's willing to admit. And if you don't live up to certain standards that this board is about, then you're not worthy.

You're still missing the point. You talk as if you came out of the womb as an expert. Knowing it all and being it all and never having a starting point in your fitness journey. Believe it or not, everyone in this world is unique and just because they choose not to adhere to your expectations doesn't make them a douchebag.

You're probably right as you're probably bigger, stronger and heck, maybe even a little better than me in life. I do have some areas in my life where I excel at certain things. But I feel no need to advertise them on an Internet message forum and use them to my advantage to make other people look dumb.

Humble yourself.
    Are you stupid or just a moron? What dont you get? It had very little to do that the kids was a stick, it was/is the fact how much time and how he was going about flexing and looking at himself in the mirror. FFS I guess YOU would have to be there to get it because you to dense to understand.
    It has nothing to do with PRIDE. Look at some of the other post here. See the one someone named DSM on the weekend???? It's a guy making a fool of himself, dancing like an idiot and most everyone laughed. This is the same, the kid was being a total retard in front of the ****ing mirror and most everyone in the gym was looking and laughing.

Dude, if you dont get it PLEASE just go away... Dont worry, I PROMISE to follow a couple of your future threads and f*ck them off topic.

Here you go for the guys who dont get it. This kid has more size/definition that the kid at my gym. The point is This is basically what he was doing standing 6" from the mirror between EVERY set for 2x longer than this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDjx2...eature=related
    Last edited by lovbyts; 08-15-2009 at 02:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information