TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries

The Social Security Trust Fund

The Social Security Trust Fund is IN FACT
    Date: 2009-08-19, 11:08AM

A literal filing cabinet full of IOU's in the form of T-Bills. http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=4190
    No one under the age of 50 will ever collect the promised benefit. It is mathmatically and demographicly impossible. The last real chance at long term solvancy was under Clinton, until Monica got under him, that is. Bush tried, but no one wanted to hear the truth. And them he piled on 3-4 TRILLION more in unfunded liabilities via the prescription drug benefit.
    The boomers take a lot of heat but the so-called "greatest generation" is the one that is sucking this system dry.
    Obama's profligacy is almost a footnote to the amounts "owed" in future SS benefits. And we're not even going to mention the train-wreck-in-progress that is Medicare.

I promise you this: Social Security becomes a means tested welfare program within 20 years. I dare you to make the numbers work any other way.

(You will have to copy and paste this link into your google browser).
    Last edited by TITANIUM; 08-19-2009 at 12:12 PM.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I saw something with john stossel once where he interviewed old people and asked them questions about SS and the younger generation. Most of them said "TOO BAD..... we paid into it. If they don't get it..... it's their loss. Infact..... we ought to be getting more money!" the same old lady admitted shes gone to the doctor when unnecessary because it's become a "social habit" - she gets to emet with friends there.

There is so much sh*t wrong with our system it's not even funny. Yah gotta hit the mega millions to not worry about this crap

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I saw something with john stossel once where he interviewed old people and asked them questions about SS and the younger generation. Most of them said "TOO BAD..... we paid into it. If they don't get it..... it's their loss. Infact..... we ought to be getting more money!" the same old lady admitted shes gone to the doctor when unnecessary because it's become a "social habit" - she gets to emet with friends there.

There is so much sh*t wrong with our system it's not even funny. Yah gotta hit the mega millions to not worry about this crap

~Haz~

Unless you have a healthy portfolio for retirement, your shit out of luck!!!

Why am I paying into it then???

If I an not going the be able to collect SS, then WTF?

Is SS considered a tax then???

Needs to be overhauled, to say the least!!!!

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM View Post
    Unless you have a healthy portfolio for retirement, your shit out of luck!!!

Why am I paying into it then???

If I an not going the be able to collect SS, that WTF?

Is SS considered a tax then???

Needs to be overhauled, to say the least!!!!
    As long as you work.... you pay SS tax. Does it matter if you're going to get screwd? NOPE! They're making US pay for the old farts and we're going to get it right up the pooper.

Lets get rid of SS and have everyone put their own money away..... it's the only fair way. You don't work..... no retirement. The more you work or the more you put away..... the bigger retirement fund you have. Why should we have to pay into social security AND pay for our own retirement funds.....

It becaomes a really big issue with me when the old people don't give a sh*t. If i was there i probably woulda broke that witch's jaw LOL - then she'd have a valid reason to goto the doctor.

~Haz~
    Last edited by Hazard; 08-19-2009 at 12:50 PM.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    As long as you work.... you pay SS tax. Does it matter if you're going to get screwd? NOPE! They're making US pay for the old farts and we're going to get it right up the pooper.

Lets get rid of SS and have everyone put their own money away..... it's the only fair way. You don't work..... no retirement. The more you work or the more you put away..... the bigger retirement fund you have. Why should we have to pay into social security AND pay for our own retirement funds.....

It becaomes a really big issue with me when the old people don't give a sh*t. If i was there i probably woulda broke that witch's jaw LOL - then she'd have a valid reason to goto the doctor.

~Haz~

I here you bro.

It's a big bag of "SUCK"!

In actuality, SS went bankrupt.

How many trillions of $$$ are we in the hole now?

We are screwed!!!!

I think I better learn to speak Chinese!!!!

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    are you that suprized?
    it says right in your statement what's going to happen
    somewhere between like 2017 and 2035 they expect to start cutting pay outs
    so people after that point won't get 100%, more likely around 50% or even less

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Obama will fix it.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Obama will fix it.
    list examples of things he has fixed so far

funding it with more debt isn't fixing btw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    list examples of things he has fixed so far

funding it with more debt isn't fixing btw
    This should be an interesting list of non existing examples!!!LOL

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    All you old heads better thank me for all the money im going to give you when your crapping in your pants. I know i won't see it anymore.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Well you can't blame, Obama, Bush, or Clinton because Social Security was a TEMPORARY solution that emerged during the Great Depression. It wasn't supposed to go on for another century like they are planning it too.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post
    Well you can't blame, Obama, Bush, or Clinton because Social Security was a TEMPORARY solution that emerged during the Great Depression. It wasn't supposed to go on for another century like they are planning it too.
    We need to stop becoming the new Europe. We're slowly being forced to succumb to the New Anglo World Order. It sucks... but it's true. FREEDOM!

Thread Information