Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wheelie_Rider_R6 is offline Junior Member

My Job is making me a racist...

Thats it, i said although I hate to but its true. Heres the short story. Got laid off and needed to find something quick. I find a security job making $13/hr at a bar/club. I have many black and spanish friends and have never been called or considered a racist but its really getting to me. I'm a pretty big dude, 6'5 250lbs. pretty damn solid. I'm always getting called a "cracker," or hear people say F**K that cracker, blah blah blah. The list goes on. These remarks come primarily from Puerto Ricans and sometimes blacks. I'm actually real nice and fair with everyone but lately, EVERY fight, brawl, etc. has come from races other than my own (white male). I have yet to see a white brawl. The last one we had was a 30, yes thats thirty, person brawl involving blacks and hispanics. I start yoking them out the door, then all the sudden, once again, I'm a F'ing cracker. There has been over 15 major battles at this place, and not ONE of them has been a white brawl. I'm always getting mocked, called cracker, and everything else in the book. I've never felt like this until now and I'm almost 31 yrs old and I've worked security jobs when I was in college, with no problems back then, although that was 10 yrs ago. Anyone else ever had/have the same issues at thier job?

BuffThaStuff is offline Associate Member
    Do you live in Miami or Orlando?

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie_Rider_R6 View Post
    Thats it, i said although I hate to but its true. Heres the short story. Got laid off and needed to find something quick. I find a security job making $13/hr at a bar/club. I have many black and spanish friends and have never been called or considered a racist but its really getting to me. I'm a pretty big dude, 6'5 250lbs. pretty damn solid. I'm always getting called a "cracker," or hear people say F**K that cracker, blah blah blah. The list goes on. These remarks come primarily from Puerto Ricans and sometimes blacks. I'm actually real nice and fair with everyone but lately, EVERY fight, brawl, etc. has come from races other than my own (white male). I have yet to see a white brawl. The last one we had was a 30, yes thats thirty, person brawl involving blacks and hispanics. I start yoking them out the door, then all the sudden, once again, I'm a F'ing cracker. There has been over 15 major battles at this place, and not ONE of them has been a white brawl. I'm always getting mocked, called cracker, and everything else in the book. I've never felt like this until now and I'm almost 31 yrs old and I've worked security jobs when I was in college, with no problems back then, although that was 10 yrs ago. Anyone else ever had/have the same issues at thier job?
    What do you expect bro, you live in FL. I get that shit all the time here. You on West Coast? Near Miami? You may as well be in Mexico or Cuba.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I do but it's not everyone. It's just a lifestyle that some people live. Including whites

sizerp is offline Banned
    Also, how the hell do you fit on an R6? LOL.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I dont know, The only thing I have noticed when I go out in my town is that the Gangs would fight and shoot each other a lot. So my friends and I just avoided the places that they frequented and sometimes a fight would break out between a couple of drunks.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    I do but it's not everyone. It's just a lifestyle that some people live. Including whites
    exactly!

Even people that grew up in the best of conditions will choose Thug Life over a Virtuous Life.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffThaStuff View Post
    Do you live in Miami or Orlando?
    Ive lived in both, but in Orlando now.

Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    Also, how the hell do you fit on an R6? LOL.
    I dont anymore! Its sits in my garage....

BuffThaStuff is offline Associate Member
    Oh ok, so little Puerto Rico as I like to call it.

Why not work at a bar/club near campus instead of downtown?

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Yeh I got those words a lot in prison lol.
    I thought because I was being forced to live in world where like 90% of the population was black that Id start looking more at similarities we share rather then differences, and all the wonderful bs people who live in segragated worlds would like to tell you to do.

But the truth is you are no more or less a man because of it.
    Certain breeds of dogs dont mix, certain breeds of fish don't mix, and certain breeds of humans don't mix. You don't need to know why, you just need to know it happens a lot.
    Its not about hate as much as I think its about wanting to be happy. People turn racism into this bitter hateful word which its not.
    Its more a preference in my mind.

And its really not because of skin color either.
    Its more like theres this group of people who are loud and arrogant, have this insatiable drive to stare (ever drive through a black neighborhood and notice how they NEVER glance and look away, they will literally stare at you through the car till your off the block?) But what I was saying is its a group of people that act a certain way, but they JUST HAPPEN to be black/hispanic or w/e.

I could give 2 shits if they had purple skin its not the skin that bothers me, its the cursing, the loudness, the arrogance, the walking, the staring, the trying to intimidate. When it REALLY comes down to it, most of them just seem like punks, spoiled punks at that.
    So no I would not feel bad about it. I think like 10million studies were conducted that proved blacks are more racist then whites anyway so I have no moral reservations about my feelings at all.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    haha the funny thing is before i even read your location i thought damn this sounds like orlando.. haha

i lived there for years, i love the city but the PR relationship with white males there is not the best in some areas... I bounced back in 2007 downtown, and had the same problems with racist remarks.

only good news for you is orlando is for the most part a safe place to find new jobs and good paying ones. so if its causing issues i would

Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Thats true cause I hate guidos and I'm italian.

Again, I never been a racist or called a racist, but why is it that everytime theres mayhem at work, its of other races? The worst white on white "altercation" was when a guy smacked the crap out of some other guy, who deserved it in the first place, for grabbing his wife. These other brawls involved bottles, beer buckets, pool sticks, etc....I hate my job, am to old and educated for it, but its all I've got right now for the decent money I make.

Again, I never been a racist or called a racist, but why is it that everytime theres mayhem at work, its of other races? The worst white on white "altercation" was when a guy smacked the crap out of some other guy, who deserved it in the first place, for grabbing his wife. These other brawls involved bottles, beer buckets, pool sticks, etc....I hate my job, am to old and educated for it, but its all I've got right now for the decent money I make.
    Just keep telling yourself "THIS IS TEMPORARY". Thats how I get through everyday at my job lol.
    But it really is, just never feel like your trapped cause your not.

I'm too "young and educated" for my job so I know how it feels, minus the old part lol. But if a gene is maladaptable to its environment, time WILL weed that gene out at some point. So if whites, blacks or ANYONE really has some sort of racial genetic flaw (which I believe we both do) time will fix that imo. Like an entire race killing each other which is already kinda happening with blacks.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Undercover is offline Associate Member
    You guys are talking about people with certain persoanlities. Just because you encountered more blacks or hispanics with that personality, doesn't mean you're racist. I'm sure you'd feel the same way about white people with a similar background. As long as you don't start generalizing and develop hatred for these races, you're just doing your job.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    its scumbags, not race.

RangersLTW is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum
    pump shotgun will shut em up nothing like the international language

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    its scumbags, not race.
    exactly.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    i don't know why they call white people "crackers" to begin with...... i guess most of them think it's because the skin color is white..... which is not where the term "cracker" came from.

I remember a black friend of mine used to call me cracker all the time..... just joking around..... then one day he stopepd saying it. He told me he found out what the term "cracker" meant. According to him.... "Cracker" was the term the slaves called the white men with whips..... they would "crack" the whip - hence the term "cracker"

I personally take offense to both "meanings" - i don't judge people by their skin color and i expect the same from others. The reference of "cracker" as in the whip cracker is offensive because I WAS NOT BORN IN THAT TIME PERIOD. I had nothing to do with slavery..... don't use that f*cking term if I wasn't even alive back then..... PERIOD

*Rant off*

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    When people call me a cracker, I get out my whip and crack it on their ass

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    When people call me a cracker, I get out my whip and crack it on their ass
    LMAO

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

southmadejd is offline Member
    To the original OP. I believe that is mostly dependent on where you live. Meaning in Orlando, in your club it seems to be mostly black people and hispanics that cause disturbances. But if you were to go to South Boston, you most likely would start to hate our own race as much as any other race.

ROIDSR4ME is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by southmadejd View Post
    To the original OP. I believe that is mostly dependent on where you live. Meaning in Orlando, in your club it seems to be mostly black people and hispanics that cause disturbances. But if you were to go to South Boston, you most likely would start to hate our own race as much as any other race.
    Finally an intelligent comment..... Like I have always said it is all about where you live & how you are brought up.

To the OP, Just because you are probably working in a black/Hispanic area that is why you are seeing mostly minority fights. I can guarantee you that the ratio of minorities to non-minorities at your bar you work in is probably like 75% minorities & 25% non-minority, am I right??

I bet if me as an African American worked in a bar in Alabama that was 75% white & 25% black I would see mostly white fights and probably would hear a few racial slurs also. So your post is kind of does not really make a valid point does it?

I try to never judge someone by the color of their skin; I make my judge by their character. It shows a non-educated person that would say that blacks, Hispanics or even whites are pre-dispositioned to rob, steal or kill.

I am a firm believer that it all depends on how you are brought up. Luckily for me my father & mother were both educated so I had no choice but to get a college degree & my masters. I am one of the lucky few though because unfortunately most of my people don't have that chance. So that is why you see mostly blacks in prison, newspapers etc...........

In closing I am by no means making excuses for my people just giving you a different view on things.....

Quote Originally Posted by ROIDSR4ME View Post
    Finally an intelligent comment..... Like I have always said it is all about where you live & how you are brought up.

To the OP, Just because you are probably working in a black/Hispanic area that is why you are seeing mostly minority fights. I can guarantee you that the ratio of minorities to non-minorities at your bar you work in is probably like 75% minorities & 25% non-minority, am I right??

Wrong...yes lots of black and hispanic but mostly white. White is most definetly the majority. And i was brought up in a very non-racist, educated family myself. I too have a masters degree from The University of Miami.
    Last edited by Wheelie_Rider_R6; 08-26-2009 at 12:34 PM.

ROIDSR4ME is offline Junior Member
    Wrong...yes lots of black and hispanic but mostly white. White is most definetly the majority. And i was brought up in a very non-racist family, educated family myself. I too have a masters degree from The University of Miami.
    Ok I stand corrected then.... What side of town is the bar in? I highly doubt that it is located in a white area also....

its scumbags, not race.
    Couldnt agree more

Undercover is offline Associate Member
    There's no such thing as race biologically speaking. We should start classifying people based on personalities not skin color and facial features. That would cause much less confusion.

I nominate 'scumbags' for Race No.1

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Blacks like to fight, at least in my experiences. They tend to get real loud and in your face, looking for trouble.

But I agree, its just idiots being idiots.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    ive seen blacks who are some of the whitest people i know in terms of sterotypical character... you really cant put race into this discussion its narrowminded... urbanization is what screws people up white or black.. just happens to be prodominately minority in some places.

fitluv09 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
    You guys are talking about people with certain persoanlities. Just because you encountered more blacks or hispanics with that personality, doesn't mean you're racist. I'm sure you'd feel the same way about white people with a similar background. As long as you don't start generalizing and develop hatred for these races, you're just doing your job.
    well said.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Want to see some white guys pick a fight?

Go to any white college town.

I live near one, I go out there, and rich college boys are always looking to "prove" something to someone. I don't even like going out there, despite the hot girls all over, I'm generally flocked with guys asking me work out questions, how much I weigh and what "i'm on". the sad part is, they are befriending me, because they probably want to start a fight.

The good thing is, generally these white college kids are just looking to prove how tuff they are, they are not trying to impale someone with a pool stick or stab them in a neck with a beer bottle. They just want to fight, maybe go to jail for the night but stay out of prison.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Welcome to the United States of America!

"Yes we can"
    ***No source checks!!!***

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    its scumbags, not race.
    I'm with eat on this one.

sizerp is offline Banned
    I dont anymore! Its sits in my garage....
    You wanna sell it? I live in SW FL. What year is your R6?

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    i don't know why they call white people "crackers" to begin with...... i guess most of them think it's because the skin color is white..... which is not where the term "cracker" came from.

I remember a black friend of mine used to call me cracker all the time..... just joking around..... then one day he stopepd saying it. He told me he found out what the term "cracker" meant. According to him.... "Cracker" was the term the slaves called the white men with whips..... they would "crack" the whip - hence the term "cracker"

I personally take offense to both "meanings" - i don't judge people by their skin color and i expect the same from others. The reference of "cracker" as in the whip cracker is offensive because I WAS NOT BORN IN THAT TIME PERIOD. I had nothing to do with slavery..... don't use that f*cking term if I wasn't even alive back then..... PERIOD

*Rant off*

~Haz~
    Yeah but in FL lots of dirty southerners come around, some of whom ARE crackers. Usually they are fat though.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    I worked at a bar/club in san diego this past year, and i find that it was usually the white dudes that felt like they had something to prove, and were usually fighting. but it was the black people at the club below us (club belo anyone?) where 3 people got shot, so....

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    FAIL!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information