J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

took 3 weeks off my dieting and training

I was honestly a little fusterated, not because of lack of results, but because of results.

I'm not a monster, 6', 215. I'm lean atm, around 10%bf.

I don't have a particularly large frame, my wrist are small, ankles, just a small frame.

I'm put on 30lbs this year, I've watched my diet very close, and all winter, I don't work so I train and eat...that is it.

Early August I went to visit some friends and go out, and some comments that should probably flatter me, didn't.

Guys seem to notice more than girls, (sorry dsm) and that was never my intention of working on my physic.

Generally I seem to get approached by mostly guys, asking me work out questions, stats, ext, what I"m on, ext.

Girls assume I'm a meat head.

The most common person to approach me, a 35 year old fat guy who use to bench 525lbs 2 times, when he was wrestling in college. I've met every guy in Michigan like this.

I guess it bothered me, that the first thing people noticed about me, was muscle.

This week, I just decided screw it, planned and prep'd all my meals for the week, re-wrote my work out and re-dedicating myself. Just have to laugh of the comments.

-just me talking

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    Most girls love a dude right around those stats you mentioned, you aren't wearing like super tight clothes by any chance are you?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You should do it for you more than girls but Yeah I hear you. I also do it to get noticed. What I have found is they do notice just girls wont say anything or pay any attention until after you have talked to them. Once I actually get a conversation going with a girl (it's hard for me) then they start commenting about my physical condition, my HUGE arms LOL.

Once you get on in the bedroom you/I get a LOT more comments and they really enjoy being with someone in shape.

I just got back from a cruise and I think I had every gay guy hit on my or at least comment and many many of the straight guys commenting also. I went to Cozumel and the local guys where calling me Rambo LOL.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    No problem with taking time off.

The hardest thing is after a certain point it becomes extremely difficult to return. And 3 weeks isn't that long but def expect to feel like a weak bastard first day back.

Overall though I think this would be a perfect opportunity for you to reevaulate why you're really into bb and if its more for other people then for yourself, you may want to stop bb all together and figure out why pleasing other people is so important to you.

Great female attention is awesome, but then what? Sex?
    Do you just need an ego boost?

I'm just throwing out ideas but ultimately I think your workouts and mindset would be better if you were doing it more for yourself. And this vacation is merely your way of trying to tell yourself that.

sizerp is offline Banned
    ^X2

I've taken a month off here and there, and it sucks returning... sometimes life throws unexpected things in our faces though. Actually, I'm startin' a new regimen tomorrow.

You'll probably blow right up though when you get back in the gym... and that's fun as hell. Girls don't always tell you how they feel off the bat too. So true. Peace and GL.

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm rocking a medium at 240 with your height, you could pull off a small....try it for a night and youll get molested.

I dress pretty nice actually, at least I think. I don't walk around in over sized shirts that drape down over my torso....or a shirt/dress.

I wear fitting cloths, but I don't fear ripping them when I put them on. Most t-shirts have to be XL with exception of the Ambercrombie muscle fit shirts are a XXXL. I only like the button downs, the sleeves are too short on the polo's, but the thermals are nice too.

I'm not against putting on a Affliction shirt, as I am a MMA fan, but they ones I have are working their way to the back of the closet as I notice more and more 170lbers squeezing into an extra small.

Part of my working out is certainly for the ladies, I think this is normal. But the most of it is for me, I don't want to be a BBer, but I do like to be bigger and stronger than most people. I don't want to be a monster, but the size I am now, is ideal for me, maybe a little bigger but I really just try to maintain and work on problem area's for now.

Just did delts, and was just as strong as ever, actually got 2 more reps according to my log than I did my last delt work out on my first heavy set of presses. But I went in with a lot of energy, and a great deal of ambition.

I think a lot of you are right on though, I'm not too big, maybe I just feel people are "thinking" that. Probably more MY HEAD than theirs.

But thanks for the insight, nice to hear from like minded bros!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Not to burst all of your guys bubbles but most girls i know like guys with a couple extra pounds. They like the cuddly type guys.

xo3et is offline Productive Member
    How many blokes get girls approach them?????????????

I think its more easier for blokes to start conversation with a muscle bound bloke as its easy to talk about weights etc as they have this in common.

What a chick going to do, come over and tell you how much she benches haha. And chicks hardly comment on good looking guys as they expect they get it all the time and dont want to give the blokes a ego boost/play hard to get etc.

I have a friend who is fun happy chap and he gest girls approach him, and i have a big gym buddy who doesn't get any comments or chatting up until he actually gets a convo going.

Way it goes dude, go chat to the girls next time and your do fine

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    bloke

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I get comments sometimes when I go out..... nothing that irritates me tho. Someone once asked "How can I look like that..... what do you do?" - some people just wanna know..... some are complimenting you..... and some are jealous.

I find that guys tend to "size up" other guys quite a bit..... it's only natural. I'll give a compliment to someone if i feel like it..... nothing wrong with that. As far as women go.... it all depends on the type of woman. I've found that shallow women have no problem talking about your physique but they also know, or think, they ARE the sh*t.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Not to burst all of your guys bubbles but most girls i know like guys with a couple extra pounds. They like the cuddly type guys.
    I've heard a lot of girls say this, but always just though "bs" kinda.

They say that, but when there is a really in shape guy on TV or in a Movie, they go "gaga" over them.

I think it goes the same along with guys, we'd bang on a stripper, but would not want date them. The attraction is there, but the relationship part of it is not.

I think you can be "too in shape" to hookup with some girls. A girl has to be confident enough in herself, to want to be with a confident and over all "better" than the rest guy.

GuybrushThreepwod is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    I think you can be "too in shape" to hookup with some girls. A girl has to be confident enough in herself, to want to be with a confident and over all "better" than the rest guy.
    Very insightful! I never thought of it that way. So if you want tang, be ugly and fat! jk

Thread Information