Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)

Rack Your F%cking Weight!

Do you guys have this problem at your gyms? The place I go is a health club/fitness center, so the majority of people who go there are women and older people. I like it because in about 3 years total membership there I've only had to wait for equipment once. But lately, the equipment I go to use is laying all over the place or stacked with weight. I stand back and look around the place (which is about half a football field), and it looks like the three ****in little pigs just lifted there.

There are dumbells sitting next to the cable machines, ****ing bouncy balls next to the squat rack, three 45s slapped on the t-bar row machine, ez bars laying all over the place, 35s where the 45s should be and 25s where the 35s should be, a barbell with weight on it laying over by the mirrors, and plates laying around like a cat 5 hurricane just came through. And none of this shit is anywhere near the places they should be. I may kill the next person I see that doesn't return equipment to its rightful place.

fig
    fig is offline Member
    Haha. I HATE that sh!t. I always clean up after myself. It's almost an OCD compulsion. My gym is usually pretty good but on Sunday's it's a mess so I clean up an area before I get going.

stpete is offline Banned
    Well don't kill anyone or you won't be working out at all for awhile. hahaha....
    I agree....Rack your fvcking weights!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain I usually try to catch the young guys who don't rack there weights and tell them to put the shit back where you go it give em a little scare. I really get pissed when i have to search around the gym 2 of 3 times I use free weights.

DownSouthUser86 is offline New Member
    Yeah it sucks having to pick up after someone. Luckily the place I workout is pretty good about cleaning up after people. It's unfortunate that the owners and managers have to do that but it's usually someone that is not experienced and really dosn't know what they are doing. I always appreciate a person that puts their weights back...

For someone who can strip the weight or move it back to where it belongs it isn't a big deal, just a pain in the ass. But for women and older people it can become a danger. What's the 105lb lady supposed to do when she wants to do barbell lunges and some cocksmoke was just doing 225lb squats and walked away? People are so inconsiderate and lazy.

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    i can't stand that shit...the main thing that pisses me off is when stupid fukks can't even put the dumbells back where they go...especially when it actually says where they go!!!

Indymuscleguy is offline Senior Member
    Hate it here also!

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That is one of my pet peeves... I think it is pretty selfish for a person to use weights and then assume that someone else should put their mess away for them. I went to a gym in Los Angeles and man, that was the most unorganized one I had ever been to. Most gyms have a sequence on the dumbell rack, not that one. People were putting 100's next to the 20's, etc. Man I couldn't stand it, couldn even get a matching set once.

chicmagnet is offline Senior Member
    Bloody teenagers!!

pyrat is offline Associate Member
    i wanna punch people who dont rack their shit.

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    it doesnt irritate me that much. what bugs me is when someone leaves a leg press loaded with 45 to the brim and does three quarter reps and leaves it.

My gym oz fitness has all these trainers running around cleaning peoples weights up.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah yeah,,, same sh*t,,, its never going to go away because there are always newbbies that don't understand and don't think about others,,,, I get sick of it too but what can you do, most of the offenders are gone in a week and new ones take there place......its life in the gym i guess.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    My gym put up notes saying if you dont pick up your weights they will put them in the storage room for a week. hahahahaha Never happened because to many people bitched about the notes.
    Yes there will always be inconsiderate people. I have mild OCD so Im always putting weights away that arent mine and organizing the free weigh racks. LOL

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    i am the first one to ask every one who was using the weights that were not put away and i go get them and have them put it away... i counted the weights that i had to put away from others messy habits it pissed me off sooo much i and a sargent major pain in the ass to those who break the rules and dont clean up after them selves

Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    Yeah yeah,,, same sh*t,,, its never going to go away because there are always newbbies that don't understand and don't think about others,,,, I get sick of it too but what can you do, most of the offenders are gone in a week and new ones take there place......its life in the gym i guess.
    There are signs at eye level on the mirrors.

Every gym I've been to since I moved to Las Vegas nobody puts their weights back. I feel like people are looking at me like I'm crazy every time i strip my weights

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    I can care less if someone doesn't wanna rack their weight. Its never inconvenienced me before. Like, "dammit the weights on the wrong rack now I gotta bend 6 inches to the left" seriously wtf? I dont get it. It actually makes my life easier a lot of times cause all I need to do it add a little more weight to the bar. Or theres 15 people by the dumbell rack but I dont need to squeeze through cause the ones I need are on the floor right by me. Its not the end of the world you drama queens..

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    I can care less if someone doesn't wanna rack their weight. Its never inconvenienced me before. Like, "dammit the weights on the wrong rack now I gotta bend 6 inches to the left" seriously wtf? I dont get it. It actually makes my life easier a lot of times cause all I need to do it add a little more weight to the bar. Or theres 15 people by the dumbell rack but I dont need to squeeze through cause the ones I need are on the floor right by me. Its not the end of the world you drama queens..

Well it's not a huge deal, but I have forearm tendonitis pretty bad right now so it actually really is a pain in the ass (arm actually) to strip the extra weight. And I'm sure the older folks and women don't appreciate it either.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    i agree with the majority here......i allways put my shit away after use....its a proper piss take when you have to tidy other peoples shit up...anyone who doesnt tidy up is a twat in my book!! fuk off twats!!

gator_mclusky is offline Junior Member
    Some dont realize that racking the weights is part of exercise and helps build muscle......

I let people know if they go to take off with their weights scattered all over the place. Im polite but I tell em....

gator

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I don't mind the barbell weights being scattered or unracked but I hate when dumbells aren't put up or if the db's are all mixed up on the rack. I lift at two different locations( same gym) and one is really good about staying clean and orderly while at the other one you have to play the match game on the db rack.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    I'll leave a plate or two depending on the machine...just a courtesy for the next person to use it so they don't have to load everything up for their first set. Leg press is a good example....usually leave a hundred or 2 plates on either side....whatever i found on it to begin with when i started. I never leave barbells with anything on them though.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    How bout you rack my weight for me you asshole? lol

I usually rack my weights unless I am doing shrugs because at the end of 4 sets of shrugs I end up having 5-6 plates on each side so I am just like "fvck it" and walk away.

I know that is an asshole thing to do, but I am tired as fvck and I still have 5 exercises left (I do mass set workouts) and its my college's gym so some scrawny 145lb kid will take them off anyway.

chicmagnet is offline Senior Member
    I'm way to big to bother with that kind of thing.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Im too tired to rack my weight. Im sure the 67 year old women behind me doesn't mind...

powerful intelligent is offline Associate Member
    yes please rack your weights. I hate tripping over your shit because you left the dumbells on the floor.

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    I'd like to add rack your weight correctly! My gym is usually good but sometimes you'll find some mismatched dumbells ie. 55 sitting next to a 60 or a 90 next to a 100. Doing lopsided dumbell bench and flyes is not cool...

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I pretty much hate everyone at my gym...lazy fvcks

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post

It IS a damn pain in the arse and this pisses me off hugely. I tend to find the guilty parties are the young casual members, who will look exactly the same 12 months from when they first joined.

It's a total lack simple gym etiquette in my opinion. I go to a Uni gym so I see this crap every single day, its worse when a bar with some plates has been loaded up, some guy does one set and then fvcks off. Not only is this lazy and rude, but people are unsure if someone is using the bar/free weights still, if the person is coming back or what.

Also i'll argue that it's potentially dangerous. Who the hell wants to bust out some heavy dumbell shrugs, only to return the weights to the rack and you end up tripping over some random weights left on the floor.

EDIT: Anyone here guilty of the above are cvnts in my opinion.

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    I try to restack my weights as much as possible, but when i deadlift i always keep the weight on the bar and just roll the bar forward, my back wants to fvk out if i bend anymore.....
    I try and obide bye the rules as much as possible as well, but i cant help farting and swearing ....

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    damn old ppl... why cant they just get stronger.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    want to buy a shirt that says "please rack your fkn weights" on the back

Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    want to buy a shirt that says "please rack your fkn weights" on the back
    U make I'll buy.

So tonight I'm at the gym and head over to start some upright rows, and what do you know..... two 45s on each side of the barbell, along with an incline bench in the modified squat rack. WTF?!?!? There are pieces of equipment ALREADY DEDICATED to incline bench... what the hell is the need to jimmy-rig your own, and leave it like that on top of it?

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    Somebody left a bench in the squat rack yesterday. I threw it out the window then broke every mirror in the gym.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Someone took my ONE OF MY DUMBELL RACK SPOTS so I had to put one 50lb dumbell next to a 60lb dumbell on the rack and the other one next to a 40lb

Oh well fvck these college kids and their hooked on phonics mentality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information