IGF-1 is offline Associate Member

i wnt 2 see arnold swarznegre

did anyone see his biography when he was pumping iron,i heard it came out on an hbo channel on new years day around 2:00.can anyone give me some info so that i can watch it. what channel?the name of the show?and when its going to be showing again,thanks

J-MAN is offline New Member
    buy it on ebay, only 15.00-20.00 bucks

zzo18 is offline Associate Member
    IGF-1,
    Pumping Iron was has been replaying on Cinemax lately. The version that they are playing is a digitally remastered version of the original. It is followed by "Raw Iron", the making of Pumping Iron. It shows alot of scenes that we cut out of the original. It also gives updates on all of the bodybuilders in the documentary. Here is the link to the Cinemax site that lists upcoming times that the show will be on.
    http://www.cinemax.com/NASApp/schedu...ETAIL&ID=97812
    I own the original Pumping Iron on VHS but have still watched the new version about 5 times...Its amazing. If the link doesn't work, let me know. I'll resend it to you...Best of luck!
    (Note: Because the link is so long and seems to take up two lines in this paragraph, you may need to copy and paste each part separately in order to make it work.)

IGF-1 is offline Associate Member
    thanks alot zzo18, i got the link nice and smooth ,cant wait to watch it on thu 1/9 6:05 am

anastasio is offline Junior Member
    i downloaded it on kazza, i downloaded it to back my vhs tape up . i dont got a vcr...

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member
    zz what's the new one like???

B

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Re: i wnt 2 see arnold swarznegre

I'm adding that to my list of brutal spellings of Arnold's last name.

B,
    I don't know if you saw the original or not but this updated version blows it away. I've had the vhs version that I bought on EBay awhile back and its a bit dated (grainy images & poor sound quality). First off, the updated version was digitally remastered so it looks and sounds much better. The additional material that they added is fascinating too. They give an overview of how and why the movie was made and some of the challenges that were involved. Alot of people forget that during the time that Pumping Iron was filmed, bodybuilding wasn't as socially accepted as it is today. This was the time of "love" and "peace". These guys were looked at like freaks by most people. Arnold, with his charasmatic personality, challenged the preconceived notions. Its almost as you can witness the "acceptance" of bodybuilding when people meet Arnold for the first time. One of the most interesting parts of the movie, though, is seeing Arnold's extreme confidence on and off stage...it helps to motivate the rest of us to kick ass in the gym. Its also cool to see what these guys are doing these days (Katz, Columbo, Corney, etc).
    Sorry for the long message but, bro, if you're a fan of Arnold or a fan of bodybuilding, you've got to see this movie. Try the link for its show times...if it doesn't work, let me know. I can resend it to ya. Check it out!
    -zzo18

Ironslinger is offline New Member
    Bump

Watch it on HBO and was totally shocked to see what the guys look like today compared to their prime. One exception was BIG Lou F. he walked up to Arnold at the reunion and Arnold said look at you, and Lou flexed his arms and said I still have it. Kats was bloated looking... and Arnolds old workout partner was in a wheel chair. It's kind of sad

chinups Guest
    I need to get this. going to ebay

BIGBOD is offline Junior Member
    You have to remember that these guys are getting up in their age. They can't quite keep up with the guys of today. Lou of course was the youngest of them all, which would probably give a good explanation of why he still looks so good. I saw him last April at a competition, and he still looks damn guide. You have to admire him for that. The show was definately awesome though. After watching that it just makes you want to run to the gym and get in a good workout.
    Originally posted by Ironslinger
    Bump

Watch it on HBO and was totally shocked to see what the guys look like today compared to their prime. One exception was BIG Lou F. he walked up to Arnold at the reunion and Arnold said look at you, and Lou flexed his arms and said I still have it. Kats was bloated looking... and Arnolds old workout partner was in a wheel chair. It's kind of sad

chinups,
    rather than buying it on ebay (it can be quite expensive), go to the cinemax site and look fo upcoming show times. You could just tape it with your vcr and save $$$. Plus, like I said earlier, the version that they're showing on Cinemax is much better anyways.
    -zzo

durbin22 is offline Member
    I have two video's that have different covers. One has Arnold doing a bicep pose and the other has Arnold with a small pic of Lou at the bottom. Does anyone know the difference? If anyone is interested I will sell one of them.

chinups Guest
    True that man...I don't have but I am sure I can find someone who can tape it.....Does anyone have a source who sells it and knows if it is legit
    HAHAHA

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member
    zz,
    Hey I actually saw that on Cinemax I thought it was a new one with different people in it... but the one on Cinemax was awesome... Arnold's body was perfect there seemed nothing wrong with it... Gotta love those guys... What an inspritation...

B

durbin22 is offline Member
    Chinups I have an extra one that I bought on Ebay. I will sell it to you if your interested.

mcgirkz is offline New Member
    does anybody have this on their pc? i don't have direct tv here in canada and my sat provider isn't showing this anniversary edition. does anybody know if you can buy this 2 hour special?

mcgirkz...
    If you haven't found it yet, try downloading it from Kazaa like anastasio suggested. I had a couple of friends do so and it worked great. They ended up burning a copy so they now have a DVD of it. I don't know if you ever had a chance to see the original but it was amazing. The current version, though, is even better than the first!! I would highly recommend getting ahold of it if you haven't already done so. Good luck!
    -zzo

I downloaded it off Kazaa yesterday morning... 600 and something megs in DiVX format.

Got to convert it to VCD compliant MPEG now, this is gonna be long! Then I'll be able to watch it in my DVD player. It's a weird format though, 384x288 thats neither NTSC or PAL... dunno where it was encoded...

Red

Thread Information