stryker is offline Junior Member

electrolisis for abs whats do yall think

i keep seing these infomercials on electronic impulses for your abs. the abe enegizer is one of the infomercials. i know bruce lee used electronic impulses, but he weighs about 145 soaking wet and i weigh 200. what have yall found out to work on your abs other than those painful crunches that i hate doing. thanks in advance

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    Diet...... I find when I carry extra, they disappear. Lose it, and there they are......

I do the usual exercises for mine......and work them about 3 times a week, cause I find they can take the abuse

Always looking for new exercise tips myself??

stryker is offline Junior Member
    if that is your picture of abs, they are very nice you should be proud of them. me i lke to drink to much beer i also love eating so its very hard to keep my waist line down.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: electrolisis for abs whats do yall think

Originally posted by stryker
    i keep seing these infomercials on electronic impulses for your abs . . .
    What a relief, dude! I don't know how to tell you this, but electrolosis refers to permanent hair removal, not muscle development. (Nothing against BB's who shave their chests or abs, or who have had electrolosis done, but I like my l'il ol' chest hair.)

What you're ralle talking about is electric or electro-magnetic stimulation (often abbreviated as [i]EMS[i]), often done by EMS or "TENS" units (many of which have been advertised on the Internet for the past couple of years). EMS/TENS can be good for sore muscles, lower back pain, and other conditions, but is not worth much when it comes to muscle development (despite the new slew of commercials and informercials you're starting to see on TV).

Unfortunately, there's still nothing better than those damned crunches . . . You do not necessarily have to do floor crunches, as there are some pieces of circuit equipment that will do this more comfortably (I find that the old Nautilus version on which you sit, put your hands on handles behind your neck, and pull forward is the best). If you're doing floor crunches, you will find it just as easy to raise your head (and even your legs) just off the floor until you feel the abdominal crunch - you do not have to do a full sit-up. Also, you do not have to crunch up and down (as in sit-ups); merely staying in a crunches position will do just as good, and a good measure of your development is the increasing amount of time you can stay in the crunched position.

But Ann is right - the ultimate solution is diet. Regardless of how many crunches you can do, you can't "spot develop" your abs into a six-pack without taking off some pounds.

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    you know, I knew electolosis wasnt the correct word, but I knew what he was talking about

Thread Information