JC.1987 is offline Associate Member

to all you north americans

Im currently writing a paper for my international business class on whether or not NAFTA is good or bad. I'm just wondering your guys opinions on it. I haven't really decided yet which side i'm going to take, but it would be nice to get a few opinions on the issue. What do you guys think of NAFTA?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Quote Originally Posted by JC.1987 View Post
    Im currently writing a paper for my international business class on whether or not NAFTA is good or bad. I'm just wondering your guys opinions on it. I haven't really decided yet which side i'm going to take, but it would be nice to get a few opinions on the issue. What do you guys think of NAFTA?
    If I had told you what I know about that topic, you would probably fail the exam!
    So, I shall shut the fvck UP.

JC.1987 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    If I had told you what I know about that topic, you would probably fail the exam!
    So, I shall shut the fvck UP.
    I'd like to hear some of the things you know lol. Its not an exam, just a paper... and i cant fail, no matter which side i take.

elpropiotorvic is offline Senior Member
    Nafta with what country ?

jccnewbie is offline Senior Member
    NAFTA is great if you live in Mexico. The US already outsorces more than it should and now they want to make it to where all of our labor will be sent to Mexico for cheap labor costs. Have you also noticed that once we produce our good out of the country, there goes our trucking. How many US truckers will lose their job? Take a look an the highway and that should give you an idea. I wrote a paper on this in my business class, there are a lot of people who feel different about this but look up rustbelt cities. These were created as soon as we started sending business to China. You have to look after your own because nobody else will do it for you.

elpropiotorvic is offline Senior Member
    ^^ agree there has it's ups and downs it's up for them to weigh them

powerful intelligent is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jccnewbie View Post
    NAFTA is great if you live in Mexico. The US already outsorces more than it should and now they want to make it to where all of our labor will be sent to Mexico for cheap labor costs. Have you also noticed that once we produce our good out of the country, there goes our trucking. How many US truckers will lose their job? Take a look an the highway and that should give you an idea. I wrote a paper on this in my business class, there are a lot of people who feel different about this but look up rustbelt cities. These were created as soon as we started sending business to China. You have to look after your own because nobody else will do it for you.
    You must consider what the quality of living for those people in mexico. Are the jobs improving the economy of that country. The same with canada. What NAFTA is doing to America the problems are multifacited. Indirectly it is shrinking the middle class driving down the wages and decimating the labor force. That is just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by powerful intelligent View Post
    You must consider what the quality of living for those people in mexico. Are the jobs improving the economy of that country. The same with canada. What NAFTA is doing to America the problems are multifacited. Indirectly it is shrinking the middle class driving down the wages and decimating the labor force. That is just my opinion
    I hope you like working for Walmart, because that is all the jobs that will be left. NAFTA is just another way for the rich to get richer, cut corners on wages and ultimately forcing American jobs out of the country. Look at all the logistics companies that employ thousands of employees. Do you think America can handle that kind of unemployment spike? Distribution centers will all go under, companies will take advantage of cheap Mexican laborers not making their economy better at all, but worse. Look back at American history my friend, the beginning of the industrial revolution.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	naftaeffects.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	103665

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jccnewbie View Post
    that statement only strenghtens the arguement to send jobs overeas. as a business owner, why would i spend 15 times in labor then i could spend by subbing it out to another area.i am looking out for my own by increaseing my profit margins by double digits.
    i do alot of work with dominican republic, and what i pay i used to pay an employee here in the states for a week i have 10 people working who speak perfect english and are more then qualified.
    and there work ethic is 100 times better..
    unions and the govt. is killing the middle class, not nafta.

just my .02 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    that statement only strenghtens the arguement to send jobs overeas. as a business owner, why would i spend 15 times in labor then i could spend by subbing it out to another area.i am looking out for my own by increaseing my profit margins by double digits.
    i do alot of work with dominican republic, and what i pay i used to pay an employee here in the states for a week i have 10 people working who speak perfect english and are more then qualified.
    and there work ethic is 100 times better..
    unions and the govt. is killing the middle class, not nafta.

just my .02 cents.
    Agreed about the Gov. and unions, and I hate, no DISPISE unions. But I also think that NAFTA will fuel the fire that is already out of control. We may not pay for it now, but by the time we figure out that this was the wrong way to go, it will be to late.

I hope your taking notes JC... but please write your paper on your own opinion. I get worked up about the subject, but I totally agree that everyone should voice their own opinion. That is what this country was founded on.

Thread Information