abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Sorry but I have to vent now!!

just read a thread about shitty spotters and now I remeber another thing that pisses me off at the new gym i go to

Personal Trainers: Well what I see is alot of inexperienced trainers, training perople in the gym!! There is this one guy who has like 3 clients going at the same time, well if you can handle that load so be it!! on the other hand if you can not pay attention to your client and watch them perform the excercise correctly, than thats another story!!

another thing is when the client is doing the wrong thing or swinging the weight around, then correct them in the right technique!!! do go on talking to other gym members and socializing.

I see this guy training people and not givivng them total dedication!!
    if your client is doing squats you should be right there going through the motions with them as a good spotter!!

damm this shit pisses me off!! Then you ask why personal trainers get a bad rep and people often wonder if you are qualified enough for the job!!
    i feel as a pt you should have total dedication to your client and assist them in attaining their goals, both by living a healthy lifestyle and going through proper training and proper technique. your first attention should be to there safety!!! not talking the shit with other gym members, youshould eb wathching your cleints coaching them on through every rep.!!

alright i feel a bit better now, but tommrow I am sure I will have to witness the same shit!!

l8tr!

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    personal trainers at my gym are a joke. They only try to be helpful/friendly to the ladies---which is fine by me, but you never see them helping out a bro with a spot or anything. They would rather do nothing then to help a member. It would be sad to have that kind of career with that kind of an attitude.
    -Cy

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Originally posted by IronCy
    personal trainers at my gym are a joke. They only try to be helpful/friendly to the ladies---which is fine by me, but you never see them helping out a bro with a spot or anything. They would rather do nothing then to help a member. It would be sad to have that kind of career with that kind of an attitude.
    -Cy
    We have 4 personal trainers at my gym. 2 girls and 2 guys.
    The one girl is small and fit, so I can't really say anything about her. The other girl has an ass the size of Texas and flabby arms. I've watched her sit at the front desk and eat snickers bars are drink soda numerous times.
    And the 2 guys...They almost look like twins. The one kid is about 120lbs and his partner in crime goes about 130lbs, and that's being nice.
    Sorry but if I was looking for advice on gaining muscle etc I certainly wouldn't take it from either of these 2. I'd want someone that practices what they preach. I wouldn't even dare ask anyone of them for a spot because my grandmother can probably lift more weight then any of these fools. They all have degree's, fine, I'm very proud of em for that but If I was looking for a PT I would want someone that can walk the walk....

Got Gear? is offline Member
    Same at my gym!

Gotta love your local YMCA. Let's get some volunteers and call them trainers... sheet, the 1 dude who showed me around couldn't get the fricken water fountain to work right. You'd be better off without these people..

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    see what I am talking about, you get all these peole flooded in the health industry and yet the provide a bad name for the few that do know what they are doing. It gets to be kind of retarded. we have 5 pt at my gym the one female is old and fat, not like grimace but she sure doesnt have a body I would be going for if i was a lady in there asking for advice. and the 4 dudes I have seen are a mess to
    daryl #1 is this old dude who doesnt watch his trainee
    daryl #2 is the chunky fellow who I wouldnt ask for advice
    daryl #3 is the younger fellow who spends most of his time sitting on machines coaching his clients instead of being there right next to them, but on the occasional he tends to move and talk to peolpe throughout the gym
    and for the last of the daryl's, he is just another walking chatter box, I think he should have been a chick, the way he loves to talk.
    oh well
    abstrack@protonmail.com

FireFighter is offline Associate Member
    the trainers at my gym are no good either. Well no good for body building sense. Its very hard to talk to someone about bodybuilding. I would to construct a good diet to help me rip up and it seems they don't really know what there talking about. Its seems they're just qualified to help a 40 year old get in better shape. So i guess abstrack what do you recommend for a great diet, since you said you were a "PT" if you can help me out leave me a pm please!

Yung Wun is offline Member
    at this last gym i worked at some of the personal trainers were out of shape and looking like they never use gym equipment before
    it was amazing how these people got clients in the first place
    i mean if your in that bidness you body is your marketing tool
    one things for sure if you look out of shape theres no way in hell i'm going to ask you for any sort of advice

Thread Information